1000-1200 calories per day and lost no weight ??????

Options
123457»

Replies

• Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    You sound like me. I finally started a Plant Strong Diet. It sounds crazy, but it's easy. Simply:

* If it has a face or a mother, don't eat it (cholesterol and animal proteins are terrible for you)
    * Don't eat anything processed (NO processed foods, NO artificial sweeteners, NO white flour)\
    * NO OIL, at all, ever!!!

All vegetables, fruits, beans, legumes, rice, whole grains...whatever grows from the ground. EZ on the beans and whole grains for weight loss, but they're totally legal.

I only had 25 lbs to lose, lost 13 lbs so far, and it's only week 7. And, btw, I exercised twice in the last 7 weeks because I hate it to pieces.

Additionally, my nails have never been stronger, and I feel strong and really healthy, and NEVER hungry. Check out my diary. It's awesome.

If you want to science behind being Plant Strong, watch "Forks Over Knives". It's my favorite documentary on it.

NO
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    there is some serious broscience in this thread....

Did OP ever come back?

OP never came back, but I'm in to see how many more people earnestly suggest starvation mode as the answer.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    If you're eating 1000-1200 and not losing any weight you either have a thyroid problem or (more likely) your metabolism has slowed down because your body has gone into starvation mode. To raise your metabolism, do short bits of exercise frequently, add high intensity intervals to your cardio routine, and break up your meals into tiny portions and eat frequently, and if you're really desperate to lose weight you could also take capsaicin which raises your metabolism for a couple of hours only... Just my opinion but that one's not worth doing unless you're desperate to burn an extra 100 calories at most.

Also NO
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    If you not losing you are not in a deficit!!

Buy a digital food scale and weigh everything!!!

ETA: READ THIS OP!! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

This and please don't try to argue that you are logging accurately because if you were you would be losing weight. If you are eating at a deficit you will lose.
  • fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    there is some serious broscience in this thread....

Did OP ever come back?

I blame sugar. Or wheat. Or something.

Where's Dr. Oz when you need him?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    You sound like me. I finally started a Plant Strong Diet. It sounds crazy, but it's easy. Simply:

* If it has a face or a mother, don't eat it (cholesterol and animal proteins are terrible for you)
    * Don't eat anything processed (NO processed foods, NO artificial sweeteners, NO white flour)\
    * NO OIL, at all, ever!!!

All vegetables, fruits, beans, legumes, rice, whole grains...whatever grows from the ground. EZ on the beans and whole grains for weight loss, but they're totally legal.

I only had 25 lbs to lose, lost 13 lbs so far, and it's only week 7. And, btw, I exercised twice in the last 7 weeks because I hate it to pieces.

Additionally, my nails have never been stronger, and I feel strong and really healthy, and NEVER hungry. Check out my diary. It's awesome.

If you want to science behind being Plant Strong, watch "Forks Over Knives". It's my favorite documentary on it.

LOLZ …thats all …oh and a documentary is not "science"….
  • Mborroto25
    Mborroto25 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    But how can eating more calories per day make me loose weight surly it works the other way around doesn't it ?

Yes, it does work the other way around. You're probably underestimating your calories. Give it some time.
  • whisperfitandhealthy
    Options
    Your body is in starvation mode. It wants you to eat! so it's storing whatever food you give it thinking it needs to hold onto the fat.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Your body is in starvation mode. It wants you to eat! so it's storing whatever food you give it thinking it needs to hold onto the fat.
    IXUO5zJ.gif
  • 2FatNow2
    2FatNow2 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm starting over after having foot surgery and back problems. I now have 28lbs to get off. Today I'm going to a local health spa to go over the use of the machines, personal trainer, pools, and classes offered. I know I need to walk for a while just to get my back in condition. I can do arm exercises without hurting my back again. I sure am looking forward to the use of the pool, even though I'm not looking forward to a swim suit. But here I go.:laugh:
  • sis1966
    sis1966 Posts: 2
    Options
    I understand...I was not even eating 500 calories a day and was gaining weight......went to Blue-sky MD and found out that my thyroid is not working......they put me on 1200 to 1500 calories a day..> I am not meeting them....they say I am not losing weight with my new thyroid meds because I am not eating enough.....I don't get it....YOU want me to eat more not less? Yes and more proteins and less starchy foods.......Its one of the hardest things I have ever had to do is eat more......I don't get hungry....BUT the weeks I have eaten more, I did see a weight loss of 2 to 3 pounds so listen.....eaten more healthy choices....they say instead of just 3 times a day, eat at least 6 times a day small amounts.....hope this helps and the best of luck to you, I know its frustrating....
  • Pmsylvester
    Pmsylvester Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    To those posters who take the time to debunk the misinformation on here...keep fighting the good fight. There are those of us who read but don't usually post that are absorbing the good information (correct information) you put out. Thanks for your efforts.
  • AngelaMcAuleyGlenn
    AngelaMcAuleyGlenn Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    If your body does not receive adequate fuel it will go into starvation mode and hold on to everything it has to preserve itself. It's true, you need to increase your calorie intake to loose weight.
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    If your body does not receive adequate fuel it will go into starvation mode and hold on to everything it has to preserve itself. It's true, you need to increase your calorie intake to loose weight.

IXUO5zJ.gif
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options

IXUO5zJ.gif
    Sv7nCMW.gif
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

*facepalm*