MFP telling me I'm not consuming enough calories

Options
124»

Replies

• drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    I ignore it ... it is just a reminder to be self-aware of what you are taking into your body. If your satisfied, feeling good, and your macros are good. I wouldn't worry to much about it. :flowerforyou:
  • GreenPirogue
    GreenPirogue Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I get the warning that I should be eating at least 1,200 calories per day on my MFP app when I hit the complete entry for the day, and the weird thing is that I am eating more - normally about 1,500 calories. My goal for the day is 1,500 calories (my nutritionist gave me the goal and I hard coded it in). Is anyone else seeing this type of warning when you eat more calories?
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    Are you logging and not eating back exercise calories? If your net is below 1200, you'll get the warning.
  • ctpete96
    Options
    I am also having a problem getting to 1200 calories/day. I look at my counts at the end of the day and think that I can't possibly stuff in anymore, but it's too low. I am female, 64, sedentary (disabled), and trying to lose more than 100 pounds. My exercise is Water Fitness, 3 classes per week, 1 hour each class, half aerobic and half core strength. Diet began 9/18/14. Exercise began 4/1/14.

I do weigh everything except things that are in a 1 serving package. When it's a homemade item, I put every weighed ingredient into My Recipes and weigh the servings when I have them.

I do have nuts, seeds, olive oil, and ghee (clarified butter) in my diet. Adding more puts me over on proteins and/or fats. No peanut butter, but I eat almond butter and sunflower seed butter - same problem.

Two eggs in a day immediately puts me over on cholesterol.

I do not like and never have eaten salad dressings and most condiments. Sriracha is okay. Ketchup is occasionally okay. Mayo is okay on tuna, but if it is a choice between low fat mayo (yuck) or plain tuna, I'll take the plain.

I do eat meat and fish.

I am gluten-free on the advice of my gastroenterologist. That will probably end soon as it has not had any effect on the problem it was intended to solve.

So my problem is how to get the calories up without blowing protein, fat, and carbohydrates to merry h***.

Also, I just got home from 2.5 days in hospital. I barely ate there. But how is it possible that I lost 8 pounds while there? According to their scale, weight when admitted, weight when discharged. My home scale agrees. I already had my big water weight loss when I started the diet, so what was this?
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason you've cut out meats? (If you have, that is) Lean protein is an important part of that balance. In addition to meeting the calorie goals, are you working on trying to keep your macros fulfilled? (carbs/proteins/fats)

Oh I still eat meat! I have added beans for extra fiber with my protein, too. I have replaced crappy snacks like chips and cookies with vegetables, and I also have replaced eating rice and noodles with my meat to eating fresh vegetables, too. I love my veggies but was NOT eating enough. I do fill my macros, though I find I actually go over protein and sugar everyday (sugar is ALWAYS from the fruit I eat, though!)
    You can eat rice in moderation, when I was getting out of obese range I had many days I would have 1/3 cup of brown rice with dinner, or half a baked potato...no reason you can't have veggies and starches.