Barefoot in the office

Options

Replies

• _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    If I'm wearing shoes I can slip on and off, I don't wear them at my desk and sometimes leave them off to walk to the printer directly behind my desk. Otherwise, I slip them back on to go away from my desk.

It would be really weird and unprofessional to not wear shoes around the office.

This exactly
  • Inner_Goddess
    Inner_Goddess Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I go barefoot at work during spring, summer and early fall. Basically when hosiery is not required. But as others have said, I always keep my shoes handy and wear them when I have to work with the public (which thankfully isn't often).

Having said that, I have a private washroom and wash my feet at least 2x a day when I do it and I MUST have them pedicured or I won't.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Only under the desk... when I leave my desk, my shoes go back on.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    No one is going to talk about that fact that your office has fleas??

Yes, I go barefoot in the summer at work. Most of the time I'm the only one here.
  • obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I work in a research laboratory, so closed-toe shoes.
  • RocknGirl8
    RocknGirl8 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I work at church (full time ministry) so barefoot all the time! So awesome! Love it. My toes need freedom and on top of that, since I was little, my feet never gets dirty while everyone's feet did get dirty. That always puzzled me lol **shrugs shoulder** LOL
  • chemteacher1987
    chemteacher1987 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am barefoot all the time at home. If I did that I work, I would not be following OSHA regulations and probably would be fired. I wish I could though
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I work shoeless, but always wear socks.
  • jenn26point2
    jenn26point2 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Any of you girls out there ever take your shoes off and spend the day barefoot at work?

I have done it for the last two years. It happened by accident after wearing a pair of flats to work and walking in the rain they became damp and uncomfortable so I decided to take them off at my desk, since then I have spent every day at work with no shoes on.

It feels nice and my feet are not restricted. The carpet isn't that clean in fact recently there has been a few fleas bouncing around and people are getting bites, even saw one jumping and running off my foot once lol but that's the cleaners at fault not me.

Before you all say im a minger and disgusting I will have you all know i'm a clean person and shower daily, I just prefer to wear no shoes as it helps me concentrate...my feet get quite dirty but like I said I always shower.

I work in the back office department of a bank, we never get any visitors we are cut off from general public, I wouldn't do this if we always got visitors.

Anymore of you out there like me that have this quirky habit?

I wear Dr. Scholl's Fast Flats at work - they're so minimal that it's like being in socks all day long. I love it.
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options
    Neverrr if I'm up walking around, but if I'm sitting at my desk, you KNOW the shoes are coming off! It's hotter than the surface of the sun here in the summer and I hate having hot feet!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I find it unprofessional be it amongst colleagues or customers but I'm an uptight Brit lol.

I find it very unprofessional as well and I'm American.

I have never worked in an office where this would be allowed, quite frankly. And I have worked in some very casual and laid-back companies. To me it seems very risky health-wise. Ugh.
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I have a VERY casual office - usually I am in jeans and tennis shoes and I work at a law firm. That being - sometimes I run around in my socks - especially if weather is bad and my shoes get wet - I take them off and leave them by the back door (we work in a converted house). The two attorneys do the same. Most of the time tho - I have my shoes on.

Even when I worked in a big firm where I had to be dressed up - I often kicked my heels off while at my desk or in my own office, but I never ran around the building/floor without them.

PS - I'd be more worried about the fleas than the dirt - you're feet wash - but I wouldn't want to get bit! Shoes or not!
  • sssgilber
    sssgilber Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I would have an issue going to any workplace as a customer, client, patient, etc. and seeing staff barefoot. It is unprofessional, unsafe and unsanitary. I sometimes slip my shoes off under my desk but would never leave the desk area without shoes. If you're completely out of the public eye, work in a place where the floor never has spills or trash, and trust your co-workers' health and hygiene, go for it.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    Shoes off if my feet are under my desk, shoes on if I have to walk around.

This. I have new carpet in my office so I don't mind kicking my shoes off under the desk. However, the rest of the area I work in it's just not an option to walk around without shoes. I wouldn't want to around here anyway.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    No, that is just wrong.
  • mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I wear my socks, but yes. Going shoeless in the office is awesome. I put them on to use the restroom, go to the breakroom, etc, but in my little space no shoes is the way to go.
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    When I used to work at a call center, I would also take my shows off. First I did it during winter time because I didn't want to wear my boots all day. Then I did it when it was raining and it just felt so good. Sure, I got weird looks from my coworkers, but they accepted my general weirdness eventually :)
  • ZOOpergal
    ZOOpergal Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Zoo. I work around too much animal poop to go barefoot. Nothing worse than monkey sh** between your toes. :angry:
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    Is this bank in some country close to the equator ?
    Somehow I think your post is a joke. Not because of being barefoot ( even though that also adds to it ), but because of the fleas......I am imagining some Banana Republic ....but not the clothing brand......lol.
    Yes, I thought about it and do think your post is made-up.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I work in a chemistry lab, so definitely not. Even at my desk, I wouldn't, because my shoes touch the lab floor then touch the area under my desk.