Extremely Insecure And Self-Conscious

Options
13»

Replies

• gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Although some things do get better with time, issues surrounding body/self image may not. Because you are so young, I really recommend that you talk to your parents, a teacher or doctor. You might need some help working through these issues. Continue with the counseling.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    If at all possible, deal with these issues while you are young so that you aren't dealing with then for your entire life.
  • muzichick
    muzichick Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Perhaps as you get older you will have experiences that will change your mind.
    Know that you are not alone. We all struggle and we all break down from time to time. When I have those dark nights I try and pray and ask God for strength, courage and wisdom. I find I cannot handle it alone and need to turn it over to him.

I'm sorry... I do not share the same beliefs...

"I believe in science."

I don't think this is the correct venue to be evangelizing.

To the original poster, you just have to keep on moving forward, and continuing with your therapy.

I've read a few of the books that people are recommending, and I agree, CBT is where it's at. It is hard work, but eventually you will start to feel some of the changes. Just keep communicating honestly with your medical team about what is working, and what isn't.

I found an Australian website that had some wonderful CBT exercises:
    https://moodgym.anu.edu.au/welcome