Bacon Love?!?!

lisalsd1
lisalsd1 Posts: 1,519 Member
Please explain to me why everyone loves bacon so much?

I prefer Scrapple. I don't care if it is the "scraps" either. I choose Scrapple!

Replies

• MissKim78
    MissKim78 Posts: 426 Member
    Bacon!! So crunchy, so salty, so juicy! LOVE bacon!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Because it's good. WTF is scrapple? :huh:
  • hopefaithlove24
    hopefaithlove24 Posts: 454 Member
    tumblr_mqo5bvznSn1szx1oxo1_250.gif

tumblr_msuh9aaxEE1sff467o1_r1_500.gif
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Scrapple's repugnant. So's souse. And C-loaf. I'd rather have bacon any day of the week, and twice on Sundays.
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 929 Member
    Please explain to me why everyone loves bacon so much?

I prefer Scrapple. I don't care if it is the "scraps" either. I choose Scrapple!
    200.gif
    Because.
  • lisalsd1

Scrapple is the best breakfast meat! It's basically the "scraps" of the pig in loaf form with various spices. You flour and fry it. Crispy on the outside and creamy, porky goodness on the inside!
  • This content has been removed.
  • MissKim78
    MissKim78 Posts: 426 Member
    scrapple is an East coaster thing mainly. we can't go to the store and purchase scrapple round these parts

I live on the East Coast....but in Canada and I have never heard or scrapple. Give me Bacon!!
  • lisalsd1
    scrapple is an East coaster thing mainly. we can't go to the store and purchase scrapple round these parts

Yeah, I live in MD, and we have scrapple and Old Bay. Errr...now I want scrapple with Old Bay on it.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Love bacon, never heard of scrapple. Sounds like pure southern food crime to me! YUMMO.
  • 1pandabear
    1pandabear Posts: 336 Member

Scrapple is the best breakfast meat! It's basically the "scraps" of the pig in loaf form with various spices. You flour and fry it. Crispy on the outside and creamy, porky goodness on the inside!

So scrapple is basically Spam?
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    I think the S is silent in Scrapple.

Bacon all the way!!!!! Unless it's the weekend and then it's double bacon!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,024 Member
    I was fully prepared to come and defend bacon's honor... BUT

Scrapple is basically the inside of a sausage ground up even finer, pressed into cakes and fried. It goes amazing with eggs and I agree is the superior breakfast meat.

BUT Bacon is much more versatile and can be the start or accompaniment to ANY meal.
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 929 Member
    "Originally of Pennsylvania Dutch origin, scrapple was made from the bits and pieces of the pig not suited for anything else!"
    Bacon, however, is perfectly suited for everything.
  • lisalsd1
    I was fully prepared to come and defend bacon's honor... BUT

Scrapple is basically the inside of a sausage ground up even finer, pressed into cakes and fried. It goes amazing with eggs and I agree is the superior breakfast meat.

BUT Bacon is much more versatile and can be the start or accompaniment to ANY meal.

YES! I completely understand now! Scrapple is the best, BUT it is what it is. Bacon, agreed, is more versatile. You can't really put scrapple on a sandwich...or could you???
  • salemsaberhagen
    salemsaberhagen Posts: 54 Member
    Must be a west coaster.
  • bl1nk6
    bl1nk6 Posts: 175
    I havent got a clue what scrapple is or if i would want to eat something that sounds like a board game....... but OMGAWD BACOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!

THIS IS KILLING ME BY THE WAY! THANKS!!!!! LOL

• OnAllFours
    OnAllFours Posts: 170 Member
    Scrapple = also known by the Pennsylvania Dutch name pon haus, is traditionally a mush of pork scraps and trimmings combined with cornmeal and wheat flour, often buckwheat flour, and spices

So the OP likes bacon too. Just in a different form.

I am not a bacon fan, but I wont say no to it either. Specially with egg yoke
  • salemsaberhagen
    Scrapple is light years beyond Spam. Spam is for cretins- true connoisseurs enjoy the flavor, spiciness, versatility ,and artery clogging goodness of scrapple. Besides- it's low carb and a great source of protein with all the aminos that you need.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member

^^^me too^^^

Isn't Scrapple the "other" gray meat?
  • salemsaberhagen
    Great- now I want Scrapple now.
  • TheWizardofGozz
    TheWizardofGozz Posts: 2 Member
    Bacon: is there anything it CAN'T do?
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    I'm in Philadelphia where Scrapple is king. That being said, it's pure nasty and basically the stuff that you wouldn't buy as real meat. Give me bacon every day!

For those not from these parts, here's the Wikipedia description:

Scrapple, also known by the Pennsylvania Dutch name pon haus,[1][2] is traditionally a mush of pork scraps and trimmings combined with cornmeal and wheat flour, often buckwheat flour, and spices. The mush is formed into a semi-solid congealed loaf, and slices of the scrapple are then pan-fried before serving. Scraps of meat left over from butchering, not used or sold elsewhere, were made into scrapple to avoid waste. Scrapple is best known as a rural American food of the Mid-Atlantic states (Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Virginia). Scrapple and pon haus are commonly considered an ethnic food of the Pennsylvania Dutch, including the Mennonites and Amish. Scrapple is found in supermarkets throughout the region in both fresh and frozen refrigerated cases.
  • hopefaithlove24
    hopefaithlove24 Posts: 454 Member

^^^me too^^^

Isn't Scrapple the "other" gray meat?

No Problem:) With love...
  • OnAllFours
    OnAllFours Posts: 170 Member
    S.P.A.M. - Stuff Posing As Meat.
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member