Bacon Love?!?!

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    I am vegan I have not eaten meat in about 15 years

the smell of it makes me dry heave its soo disgusting

the obsession with it is beyond me and frankly very annoying
    You are the reason people hate vegetarians.

Rude.

Me or the person who came into a thread about bacon and scrapple and told the people posting that they're annoying for talking about it?
  • This content has been removed.
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Please explain to me why everyone loves bacon so much?

I prefer Scrapple. I don't care if it is the "scraps" either. I choose Scrapple!

It is one of those obnoxious hipster type fads when something average is propped up to be "amazing" in some kind of ironic way to the point that the general public jumps on board and the irony is completely lost. Pabst Blue Ribbon becoming a thing is the quintessential example of this phenomena.

I can agree about the PBR, but if you are lumping watery commercial crap bacon in with the good stuff - same idea as putting PBR on par with a real ale or any quality beer
  • bcoop911
    bcoop911 Posts: 1,390 Member

Completely agree... So true... gives that super stuck up image... do you enjoy the smell of your own farts also? Its that "Smug" that comes along with being a veg and driving a Prius... lol
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,519 Member
    I love all types of bacon, but really favour British Bacon. and Bangers (really any good sausage though). I've had scrapple and it was damn tasty , but my ideal breakfast is a couple of slices of british bacon, some Black Pudding, Home Fries, 2 over easy eggs, Baked Beans(Home made no canned crap) Fried Mushrooms in cream, and a fried roma tomato (AKA a Full Monty - hte perfect hangover cure and you can make it through a whole day until dinner on it - it's also one of the reasons I'm now counting calories and dieting :bigsmile: )

hufbek54gW1Jtu.jpg

My husband is drooling over this picture...
  • rml_16

Rude.

Me or the person who came into a thread about bacon and scrapple and told the people posting that they're annoying for talking about it?

You of course... derrr. She said the bacon obsession is annoying.. as I bacon lover I agree.
    She said the obsession with meat is annoying. And since this is clearly a thread about MEAT, the need to enter and chastise those posting is rude. Pointing that out is simply being honest.

And I am a vegetarian and never liked bacon. Somehow, when I'm not interested in a topic and the name of the thread makes a topic clear, I am able -- I know, MAGIC! -- to not open said thread.
  • rml_16

Rude.

You of course... derrr. She said the bacon obsession is annoying.. as I bacon lover I agree.
    She said the obsession with meat is annoying. And since this is clearly a thread about MEAT, the need to enter and chastise those posting is rude. Pointing that out is simply being honest.

And I am a vegetarian and never liked bacon. Somehow, when I'm not interested in a topic and the name of the thread makes a topic clear, I am able -- I know, MAGIC! -- to not open said thread.

It's the internet don't take it so seriously. She was allowed to come in here to give her opinion..or does that go against the MFP rules?

Of course she can. And I can tell her she's showing herself in a bad light by doing so. *shrug*

So you also have a profile under the name liketallahasseelookin4atwinkie and a few others? Something about Mountain Dew, as well? Your posting seems familiar.
  • lisalsd1
    do you enjoy the smell of your own farts also?

Wait.. are you saying you don't enjoy the smell of your own farts?

I actually though the SAME thing. This is entirely unrelated to scrapple or bacon, but I much prefer the smell of my farts to other people's farts. I don't know about bacon farts, b/c I don't really eat bacon; BUT, I do know tofu farts are the worst.
  • bcoop911
    do you enjoy the smell of your own farts also?

Wait.. are you saying you don't enjoy the smell of your own farts?

I actually though the SAME thing. This is entirely unrelated to scrapple or bacon, but I much prefer the smell of my farts to other people's farts. I don't know about bacon farts, b/c I don't really eat bacon; BUT, I do know tofu farts are the worst.
    well of course anyone would probably prefer their own musk hahaha... but that doesnt mean you ENJOY your farts. Just a running joke about stuck-up people, that they are so into themselves that they actually enjoy the smell of their own farts. SMUG... haha i think South Park played that one out, but was pretty funny.
  • rml_16

Rude.

It's the internet don't take it so seriously. She was allowed to come in here to give her opinion..or does that go against the MFP rules?

Of course she can. And I can tell her she's showing herself in a bad light by doing so. *shrug*

So you also have a profile under the name liketallahasseelookin4atwinkie and a few others? Something about Mountain Dew, as well? Your posting seems familiar.

If you had actually used those words I wouldn't have found you to be rude at all. :happy:

I have one profile and this is it.
    But the person I responded to wasn't rude?

And I used different words to say just that. If the latter isn't rude, neither is the former. Apparently, I'm just more creative than some.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Can we get back on topic please people BACONNNNNN!

And for the veggie that posted if you HAD TO choose - bacon or scrapples?
  • MissKim78
    MissKim78 Posts: 426 Member
    Wow...this topic went downhill fast! LOL Bacon is a food....some people love it, others don't. Who cares if someone doesn't agree with you???? No need to name call or get rude.
    Let's all chill out and get some bacon!
    PS...I love bacon!
  • lisalsd1
    Can we get back on topic please people BACONNNNNN!

And for the veggie that posted if you HAD TO choose - bacon or scrapples?

Thank you!
  • rml_16
    But the person I responded to wasn't rude?

And I used different words to say just that. If the latter isn't rude, neither is the former. Apparently, I'm just more creative than some.

I think you can agree there's a difference in making a blanket statement on your feelings about bacon/bacon obsession and quoting someone specifically to tell them they're whats wrong with an entire group of people.

Anyyyways...I was just letting you know that you were being rude, because that's what awesome people do! You're welcome.
    Nope. We don't agree about that at all.

Sorry, Lisa. Back to your regularly-scheduled discussion of greasy fried fat. :wink:
  • eddiesmith1
    I love all types of bacon, but really favour British Bacon. and Bangers (really any good sausage though). I've had scrapple and it was damn tasty , but my ideal breakfast is a couple of slices of british bacon, some Black Pudding, Home Fries, 2 over easy eggs, Baked Beans(Home made no canned crap) Fried Mushrooms in cream, and a fried roma tomato (AKA a Full Monty - hte perfect hangover cure and you can make it through a whole day until dinner on it - it's also one of the reasons I'm now counting calories and dieting :bigsmile: )

hufbek54gW1Jtu.jpg

My husband is drooling over this picture...

My Buddy Davy Love's place the Bristol Yard in Toronto - My Diet Downfall - amazing British Pies and Pastries too. Sooo good
  • tennisdude2004
    I don't want to seem pick but I have an issue with your picture - London pride glasses are NOT for water!!!!????
  • eddiesmith1
    I don't want to seem pick but I have an issue with your picture - London pride glasses are NOT for water!!!!????
    they are before he can serve legally - it's a tiny 16 seat cafe - be assured after he can start pouring the glass sees no water :laugh:
  • bcoop911
    LOL
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Scrapple sounds like dog food.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Please explain to me why everyone loves bacon so much?

I prefer Scrapple. I don't care if it is the "scraps" either. I choose Scrapple!

They are called "taste buds." Mine appreciate bacon. What is scrapple? Is that a mobile phone app for a twisted version of Scrabble? :laugh:
  • tennisdude2004
    they are before he can serve legally - it's a tiny 16 seat cafe - be assured after he can start pouring the glass sees no water :laugh:

Lol????
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Bacon...Yep, it just sounds right. And there are soooo many uses for bacon...
    11uys8n.jpg
    Scrapple....I got nothing. Still nothing. ....still nothing
  • eddiesmith1
    My Atkins Friendly breakfast

breakfast_cupcakes.jpg
  • MissKim78
    MissKim78 Posts: 426 Member
    My Atkins Friendly breakfast

breakfast_cupcakes.jpg

Ummmm....YUMMMM!!! How does one make those???
  • tennisdude2004
    Why would anyone eat one of those - they're a master piece!!!!