Garcinia Cambogia

Options
Shiny79
Shiny79 Posts: 12 Member
Just wondering if anyone has tried this product. If so, what type of results have you had?

Replies

• wmstormvet
    wmstormvet Posts: 145
    Options
    I would like to hear this also. I have been wondering.
  • Expect_The_Worst
    Options
    Just wondering if anyone has tried this product. If so, what type of results have you had?

I tried it it didnt work at all.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Ever think instead of anecdotes, you might I don't know research the literature to see if it's ever been shown to be effective in humans for weight loss?
  • mrswilson1213
    Options
    I have tried this product and Pure Green Coffee Bean extract for 60 days (both recommended by Dr. Oz.). I had really good results, I lost 14 pounds one Green Coffee Bean Extract and 10 lbs on Garcinia Cambogia. I did both because I wanted to see if one would work better than the other. On top of taking the supplements although you do not have to change your lifestyle, I chose to do so for better results. Once I just stopped taking the supplements, it took a while before I gained any of the weight back (I'm talking months literally). I had no side effects other than the frequent urge to void and drink, but I had no jitters or anything that would cause concern. I eat a lot less during meals and snacks because it did help to shrink my stomach back done to normal size and I also have loads of energy. Overall, I had no issues and give it a good recommendation. Just be careful to look at the back of the label at the ingredients. The only ingredient should be: Veggie Cellulose and nothing else. If there is any other ingredients stay away from it because it is NOT the real deal.
  • wmstormvet
    wmstormvet Posts: 145
    Options

Ever think instead of anecdotes, you might I don't know research the literature to see if it's ever been shown to be effective in humans for weight loss?

Did you ever think that maybe she has looked online at the info and wanted comments from real people who have used the product? Did you ever think that maybe no comment could be better than your snarky reply that was of no help whatsoever??
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I have tried this product and Pure Green Coffee Bean extract for 60 days (both recommended by Dr. Oz.). I had really good results, I lost 14 pounds one Green Coffee Bean Extract and 10 lbs on Garcinia Cambogia. I did both because I wanted to see if one would work better than the other. On top of taking the supplements although you do not have to change your lifestyle, I chose to do so for better results. Once I just stopped taking the supplements, it took a while before I gained any of the weight back (I'm talking months literally). I had no side effects other than the frequent urge to void and drink, but I had no jitters or anything that would cause concern. I eat a lot less during meals and snacks because it did help to shrink my stomach back done to normal size and I also have loads of energy. Overall, I had no issues and give it a good recommendation. Just be careful to look at the back of the label at the ingredients. The only ingredient should be: Veggie Cellulose and nothing else. If there is any other ingredients stay away from it because it is NOT the real deal.
    I know right?
    I lost my dog, but once I started taking Garcon Cambodia she came back!
    Thanks Dr. Oz!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,886 Member
    Options
    You should contact these companies because their studies show zip for weight loss. Nice 1st post though.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,886 Member
    Options

Did you ever think that maybe she has looked online at the info and wanted comments from real people who have used the product? Did you ever think that maybe no comment could be better than your snarky reply that was of no help whatsoever??
    Ironic post is ironic.
  • mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    Options

I tried it it didnt work at all.

This. Total waste of my money.
  • FredDoyle
    Options

Yes, anecdotes are much better for arriving at the truth than those pesky peer reviewed blind studies... :huh:
  • Bobs123456
    Options
    This was a 12 week study without a placebo group. Its the kind of study companies use to get you to buy there garbage. This was not a peered reviewed scientific study. Few doctors would trust this kind of thing. Marketing groups off use gimmick studies to get you to buy their garbage.

A scientific study would be more than 12 weeks, would be repeated across different age groups, have alot more people and would randomly choose people and give them a placebo. This is the kind of thing you get when the FDA approves something.

Look if this study was legitimate people selling you this stuff would be holding more and more studies and then make them more stringent, do their sales people can go look see how uber great this is? Real studies dont stop when you can claim a result you want.

No idea why doctor oz jumped on this. Must be for ratings.... Guys google this and then hunt through the fake review sites. The information is out there and published in newspapers. This is BS
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I know right?
    I lost my dog, but once I started taking Garcon Cambodia she came back!
    Thanks Dr. Oz!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Igm16ED.jpg

Most of the supplements advertise weight loss without diet and exercise, but if you read the label, they tell you that the products work best if you . . . . that's right DIET and EXERCISE!!! :noway:

If a magic bullet really, truly existed the drug companies would jump on it, patent the h*** out of it and sell it for bars of GOLD!! When that happens, we'll know that the supplement really works. Until then, I consider it all:

sOYKI7c.jpg
  • Expect_The_Worst
    Options

Ever think instead of anecdotes, ...................

Did you ever think that maybe .....................

2qiwpjp.jpg
  • mrswilson1213
    Options
    Actually, before I used either I did my research and homework on both and then I tested what I found.... But, I guess you all think I'm some kind of robot (Absolutely HILARIOUS, jokes on YOU! :laugh: ).... I made reference to two very different supplements. Not because I needed it because I'm not obese... NEVER HAVE BEEN NEVER WILL BE! I tried both simply because I looked at all of the forums and found good and negative results on both, so I conducted my own research on both products and compared them to each other... Notice I said, "I lost more with one than the other!" Please read! If I was some kind of robot, I wouldn't have made mention to a totally different supplement! What would that do for the "ratings" for this particular supplement. One was said, "Not to work" and the other was said, "to work." So, I tried both for 60 days to see what kinds of results I would get on both, making sure to look at the ingredients on both because in my research the types of ingredients were heavily mentioned." For the first 10 days on both I didn't workout and I didn't change my diet. On Pure Green Coffee bean, I still lost weight rapidly (approximately .75-1 lbs/wk) and noticed after the first 10 days I had more energy and couldn't eat as much. On the 11th day I started a very simply workout plan (DC3) and began to eat a little healthier. After, doing this the last 40 days my results became increasingly better, I started to see my weight and inches shed more rapidly (approximately 1.5-2 lbs/wk) losing a total of 14 lbs and 6 inches. Then, I waited 30 days to flushed my system to ensure the Pure Green Coffee Bean Extract was no longer in my system and started the Garcinia Cambogia. On the Garcinia Cambogia, "I lost weight (approximately .25-.50 lb/wk) the first 10 days, however I didn't lose as much, but I still couldn't eat as much." On the 11th day, I did the same thing as I did with the Pure Coffee Bean Extract however, I still didn't lose as much it brought me up to approximately 1-1.5 lbs/wk and lost a total of 10lbs and only 2 inches. I had the same side effects on both frequent need to void and drink. Should I have gone longer on both MAYBE, however I found out what I needed to know, the answer to my own question, "Does one work better than the other?" And, the answer was "Yes, Pure Green Coffee Bean Extract works better than Garcinia Cambogia."

Also, I made reference to Dr. Oz because he highly recommended both. I wouldn't highly recommend Garcinia Cambogia just depends on what you are looking to do." I got results with both however, what works for one person may or may not work for the next person because of our body chemistry. I did my own research and tried both and found better results in Pure Coffee Bean Extract. I cannot tell you why it (Pure Green Coffee Bean Extract) worked better other than the Chlororgenic Acid. In which was said by Dr. Vinson that it, "inhibits the release of glucose into the blood stream which slows down the absorption of glucose in the bloodstream, the chlorogenic acid ultimately results in a reduction in the absorption of fat."

The question at hand was, "Just wondering if anyone has tried this product. If so, what type of results have you had? " I simply answered the question, and for those of you that didn't like my answer then it simply seems like a, "SUCKS TO BE YOU KIND OF MOMENT!"
  • Acg67
    Options
    Actually, before I used either I did my research and homework on both and then I tested what I found.... But, I guess you all think I'm some kind of robot (Absolutely HILARIOUS, jokes on YOU! :laugh: ).... I made reference to two very different supplements. Not because I needed it because I'm not obese... NEVER HAVE BEEN NEVER WILL BE! I tried both simply because I looked at all of the forums and found good and negative results on both, so I conducted my own research on both products and compared them to each other... Notice I said, "I lost more with one than the other!" Please read! If I was some kind of robot, I wouldn't have made mention to a totally different supplement! What would that do for the "ratings" for this particular supplement. One was said, "Not to work" and the other was said, "to work." So, I tried both for 60 days to see what kinds of results I would get on both, making sure to look at the ingredients on both because in my research the types of ingredients were heavily mentioned." For the first 10 days on both I didn't workout and I didn't change my diet. On Pure Green Coffee bean, I still lost weight rapidly (approximately .75-1 lbs/wk) and noticed after the first 10 days I had more energy and couldn't eat as much. On the 11th day I started a very simply workout plan (DC3) and began to eat a little healthier. After, doing this the last 40 days my results became increasingly better, I started to see my weight and inches shed more rapidly (approximately 1.5-2 lbs/wk) losing a total of 14 lbs and 6 inches. Then, I waited 30 days to flushed my system to ensure the Pure Green Coffee Bean Extract was no longer in my system and started the Garcinia Cambogia. On the Garcinia Cambogia, "I lost weight (approximately .25-.50 lb/wk) the first 10 days, however I didn't lose as much, but I still couldn't eat as much." On the 11th day, I did the same thing as I did with the Pure Coffee Bean Extract however, I still didn't lose as much it brought me up to approximately 1-1.5 lbs/wk and lost a total of 10lbs and only 2 inches. I had the same side effects on both frequent need to void and drink. Should I have gone longer on both MAYBE, however I found out what I needed to know, the answer to my own question, "Does one work better than the other?" And, the answer was "Yes, Pure Green Coffee Bean Extract works better than Garcinia Cambogia."

Also, I made reference to Dr. Oz because he highly recommended both. I wouldn't highly recommend Garcinia Cambogia just depends on what you are looking to do." I got results with both however, what works for one person may or may not work for the next person because of our body chemistry. I did my own research and tried both and found better results in Pure Coffee Bean Extract. I cannot tell you why it (Pure Green Coffee Bean Extract) worked better other than the Chlororgenic Acid. In which was said by Dr. Vinson that it, "inhibits the release of glucose into the blood stream which slows down the absorption of glucose in the bloodstream, the chlorogenic acid ultimately results in a reduction in the absorption of fat."

The question at hand was, "Just wondering if anyone has tried this product. If so, what type of results have you had? " I simply answered the question, and for those of you that didn't like my answer then it simply seems like a, "SUCKS TO BE YOU KIND OF MOMENT!"

Lol, that lb you lost with no change to diet or exercise and just taking green coffee? Totally could not have been difference in water or waste from the week prior

And when you switched over to garcinia? How did you account for adaptive thermogenesis?

Strong anecdote is strong
  • mrswilson1213
    Options
    Again, it sounds like a "Sucks to be YOU kind of moment." I did my own research on both products... And, I just stopped "Cold Turkey" after I finished and didn't gain a lb for months and I had a sedentary job. And, in the 30 days I waited to take the Garcinia Cambogia I gained NOTHING! Had it been simply water weight or waste that I lost, I would have gained some of it back *genius*, I gained NOTHING AGAIN! But, let me guess you know me personally and you know my body chemistry! :noway: And, you did research by reading forums! Right?! I tested the theories and came up with my own results.

Why, am I WASTING my time on YOU! Like I said, "IF YOU DIDN'T LIKE MY RESPONSE IT SIMPLY SOUNDS LIKE A SUCKS TO BE YOU KIND OF MOMENT!" I didn't answer the question based on "WHAT I READ," I answered the question based on "WHAT I DID!"

I'm a medical student, this is what we do! We find stuff that intrigues us and we test the theories against others it's called the "SCIENTIFIC METHOD," go read about it and TRY IT OUT, you might actually learn a thing or two! :laugh:

Now you have a GOOD DAY! :flowerforyou:
  • Acg67
    Options
    Again, it sounds like a "Sucks to be YOU kind of moment." I did my own research on both products... And, I just stopped "Cold Turkey" after I finished and didn't gain a lb for months and I had a sedentary job. And, in the 30 days I waited to take the Garcinia Cambogia I gained NOTHING! Had it been simply water weight or waste that I lost, I would have gained some of it back *genius*, I gained NOTHING AGAIN! But, let me guess you know me personally and you know my body chemistry! :noway: And, you did research by reading forums! Right?! I tested the theories and came up with my own results.

Why, am I WASTING my time on YOU! Like I said, "IF YOU DIDN'T LIKE MY RESPONSE IT SIMPLY SOUNDS LIKE A SUCKS TO BE YOU KIND OF MOMENT!" I didn't answer the question based on "WHAT I READ," I answered the question based on "WHAT I DID!"

I'm a medical student, this is what we do! We find stuff that intrigues us and we test the theories against others it's called the "SCIENTIFIC METHOD," go read about it and TRY IT OUT, you might actually learn a thing or two! :laugh:

Now you have a GOOD DAY! :flowerforyou:

Oh scientific method? Never heard anything about it before. Also sounds like you designed a super well controlled self study to control for all potential confounders, bravo!

Since you're a med student, which I beleive makes you an expert, can you critique an actual study done on it?

Garcinia cambogia (Hydroxycitric Acid) as a Potential Antiobesity Agent

http://jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=188147

And if it was chlorogenic acid in the green coffee that causes weight loss, can you enligthen me on this study and what they found?

Dark roast coffee is more effective than light roast coffee in reducing body weight, and in restoring red blood cell vitamin E and glutathione concentrations in healthy volunteers

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/mnfr.201100248/full
  • FredDoyle
    Options
    Perhaps the med student should ask her anatomy prof. about that shrinking stomach.
  • Shiny79
    Options
    Not that I need to explain myself to you, but I have been doing research and wondered what kind of answers I would get from real people. I'm not sure why you bothered to respond as you are only bringing negativity to the table. Have a good day.
  • Shiny79
    Options
    Thank you for your input. :)
This discussion has been closed.