Garcinia Cambogia

Options

Replies

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options

I am just glad that I am not friends with most in this thread. With friends like this, I'm surprised anyone would be able to lose weight. All you are looking to do is try and sabotage anyone's efforts. Even if you don't agree .... don't jump down their throats and be condescending jerks.
    Giving real advice against magic pills and potions =/= sabotage
    Van-Der-Beek-High-Five-GIF.gif
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
    Options
    Does anyone take B12? That's a supplement.
    True, but B12 is an essential for good health. GC isn't.
    I don't believe it helps or hurts you. I just believe that it just has you spend money where you could use that money on more productive supplements like fish oil, or protein powder.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Since you don't know me, I won't take offense to what you have to say. FYI ... I am losing weight with modifications and exercise. I am taking GC to assist .... ASSIST .... in my efforts. Not everyone is able to lose weight the same way. Does anyone take B12? That's a supplement. You take what you need to take to help. No you can't lose weight with magic. But if it is helping someone, why trash it?

I am just glad that I am not friends with most in this thread. With friends like this, I'm surprised anyone would be able to lose weight. All you are looking to do is try and sabotage anyone's efforts. Even if you don't agree .... don't jump down their throats and be condescending jerks.

Not everyone loses weight with a caloric deficit, with the exception of liposuction?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Since you don't know me, I won't take offense to what you have to say. FYI ... I am losing weight with modifications and exercise. I am taking GC to assist .... ASSIST .... in my efforts. Not everyone is able to lose weight the same way. Does anyone take B12? That's a supplement. You take what you need to take to help. No you can't lose weight with magic. But if it is helping someone, why trash it?

I suppose if I ever have a garcinia cambogia deficiency, I'll take garcinia cambogia...much like if I ever have a B12 deficiency, I'll take B12. Did you take a test to determine that you have a garcinia cambogia deficiency?
    Not everyone is able to lose weight the same way.
    Except that everyone actually losing weight while taking GC is losing weight the same way as those not taking GC: they're eating at a calorie deficit. The end.
    All you are looking to do is try and sabotage anyone's efforts.
    This word...I do not think it means what you think it means.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

They were looking for anecdotal evidence of how it worked. I assembled the anecdotal evidence into a table for ease of assessment. The way it works is to increase fiber (which increases poop and gas), so the fact that the evidence isn't pleasant isn't my fault. However, this indicates that a less expensive option that has the same effect might be available. I recommend Metamucil.

My friends on MFP all DO lose weight. They do it by making small changes, watching portions, eating a balanced sustainable diet and getting active with something they love. They are all adults, so the only person who can sabotage them is themselves, and they don't make that choice (most of the time). When they do, I'm here to ask if there isn't a different way of looking at the situation.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    So, let me get this right...... GC helps you to lose weight because it makes you feel not hungry, but, it also comes with potential health problems.

How about eating a little more so you don't feel hungry, but still eating at a deficit, or changing what you eat for satiety, to continue to lose weight with no potential side effects or health problems.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    On Pure Green Coffee bean, I still lost weight rapidly (approximately .75-1 lbs/wk)

Lol, really? I lose that after a toilet visit some days and you think it's due to a diet pill. :laugh:
  • likitisplit
    Options
    So, let me get this right...... GC helps you to lose weight because it makes you feel not hungry, but, it also comes with potential health problems.

How about eating a little more so you don't feel hungry, but still eating at a deficit, or changing what you eat for satiety, to continue to lose weight with no potential side effects or health problems.

And, for the win, exercise has been proven time and again to diminish health problems.
  • nytdreamer80
    nytdreamer80 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have tried it! I lost a few pounds. Maybe 5-7. I had much more success with the Green Bean Coffee one. Now I am on to Body By Vi and am down 10 more pounds!
    Good luck at finding something that works for you!!! Exercise and nutrition go hand and hand though and cant be left out of the equation! VERY VERY important!
  • deksgrl
    Options
    I have tried it! I lost a few pounds. Maybe 5-7. I had much more success with the Green Bean Coffee one. Now I am on to Body By Vi and am down 10 more pounds!
    Good luck at finding something that works for you!!! Exercise and nutrition go hand and hand though and cant be left out of the equation! VERY VERY important!

Because it is the calorie deficit that works, not the magic beans, the magic pills, the magic rainbow sparkle unicorn poo.

If you want to piss away your money, just give it to me, instead. Oh, wait, then that would make me a multi-level marketer.
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I dont go around telling you what to do so I don't need you to tell me what to do... Everyone does what works for them...
    And I DO exercise...where did I say I don't?
    You all do not listen at all before you start your holier than thou preaching.... If you don't like what I do here is a novel thought.. Don't do it.... But all I've seen in the one day I've been on these boards is everyone just absolutely trashing people and being so rude and beyond hateful to people that are coming here to get a little support. Shame.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    I dont go around telling you what to do so I don't need you to tell me what to do... Everyone does what works for them...
    You all do not listen at all before you start your holier than thou preaching.... If you don't like what I do here is a novel thought.. Don't do it.... But all I've seen in the one day I've been on these boards is everyone just absolutely trashing people and being so rude and beyond hateful to people that are coming here to get a little support. Shame.
    funny, in the 1200 calorie thread.. people listened to you, asked, gave you specific advice about your diet since you have PCOS.

Not everyone is here for support. People that are diving into GC are doing so not because it works, but because they think it's some kind of miracle product... since it's promoted all over.

Bad ideas / fads / VLC diets are given hell here because they deserve it. Not the people, the idea. the concept. They fail and do no one any good.
  • deksgrl
    Options

People are not being hateful. They are expressing CONCERN FOR YOUR HEALTH. Studies show hepatotoxicity with this supplement. LIVER DAMAGE. So it is hateful to tell people that you can have results just from diet and exercise without damaging your liver or spending lots of money on unnecessary and potentially dangerous stuff?

AmberWhatever.gif
  • calico_cat
    calico_cat Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Remember in the Bible the Israelites wandered in the desert for 40 years before finding their Promised Land?

Fads and bogus supplements keep us wandering in the desert.

If someone wants to take GC or GCB extract to assist with cravings, etc, and if it works in that regard, fine. Just don't expect results beyond that. Clearly, from what is being touted in advertisements, people are expecting something more than that and it doesn't seem to deliver from what I have heard.

ETA - if claims about liver issues are true, no one should be taking anything that causes liver damage. Research your supplement(s) thoroughly.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Also, remember. 95% of diets fail. 95% of the people on this thread who have lost weight are likely to be fatter in three years. This isn't magic. There are things that people do to shoot themselves in the foot and get this result. There are things that people can do to avoid it.

GC isn't sustainable and may not be effective even in the short term. It is one of the things that make the process harder because it lets you avoid learning about your body. All of these things have been explained (over explained) in this thread

The tactics that increase your chances of success are also detailed on here.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Garcinia Cambogia - Actually WORKS!!!!!

On rats that is - but not on humans - sorry no magic pill (unless you're a rat).

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11134690

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22530711
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,886 Member
    Options

On rats that is - but not on humans - sorry no magic pill (unless you're a rat).

And it was 100% effective, 40% of the time as well.:bigsmile:
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options

Hey for some lucky Rat that 40% mattered. :smile:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwxMFI-28RZgROQDtiYam_e1kMbIcleuyBlMKr-nmYI6hJVy0D
  • icha3x
    icha3x Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    It was crap. Did not help but did make me have awesome farts :)

OMG....i am dying *rotflmao*
This discussion has been closed.