Cutting down on your friends list

Options

Replies

• smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Just the ones who deactivate mostly. I have removed a few who were just annoying though.
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I rarely delete people. I've deleted maybe 3 people that I can recall. You have to ignore me pretty hardcore to get the cut.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I support, if others cannot be bothered to do the same, why should I continually see their bloody updates on my newsfeed.

Sorry, support or be cut. Don't like it - don't worry I will not lose sleep over your grief.
  • BrokenButBeautiful
    Options
    I delete people that add me and don't ever interact. I delete people when I have over 20 pals, usually. I delete people when I'm in a bad mood. I delete people for no reason. I delete people for reasons. My friend list is a dangerous place to be.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    I delete people that add me and don't ever interact. I delete people when I have over 20 pals, usually. I delete people when I'm in a bad mood. I delete people for no reason. I delete people for reasons. My friend list is a dangerous place to be.

you should maybe consider switching to decaf.

:tongue:
  • BrokenButBeautiful
    Options

you should maybe consider switching to decaf.

:tongue:

Wanna be my pal?!
  • MagdalenDreams
    Options
    I unfriend if I take a look into their diary and notice that their goal calorie amount is below 900. I cannot support that... or if they haven't been on in forever (like weeks and weeks)
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I don't usually, unless they are very obviously not in it for the right reasons (aka- trolling, here to hit on people, here for only an exorbitantly high friends account, or promoting severe anorexia).
    Also, just to clarify- if you are recovering from an eating disorder, of course that's a right reason. I mean people who are very obviously promoting severely unhealthy lifestyles, while being perfectly aware of it.
  • Noogynoogs
    Noogynoogs Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    No not on here, only Peres on fb
  • mrhonesty
    mrhonesty Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I keep it simple. My FL is around 50 and I delete people who are not supportive. If I take the time to support you on your logs and workouts, I expect it in return. Otherwise there is no point of being on my list. Also If you stop logging more than 2 weeks, I delete. I'm not on Facebook. If you are not there for me as I am for you, you are in my way. :wink:
  • BrokenButBeautiful
    Options
    I also delete people that have friend list of their own over like 50. They obviously don't need ME. :bigsmile:
  • Xaudelle
    Xaudelle Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I like to keep a small list.

I have some criteria that is only personal to me on who to keep, add or toss. Won't bore with specifics, but it all comes down to this: it's my account/page and I'll do what I want to.
  • Xaudelle
    Xaudelle Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I delete anyone who:
    -promotes disordered eating
    -regularly nets fewer than 1200 calories a day (unless they're like 5' or under!)
    -supports pseudo-science like detoxes, cleanses or fasting
    -believes there is such a thing as "good" and "bad" food
    -doesn't regularly record their intake
    -doesn't interact or use their account
    -annoys me for some other reason

Oh, I like you. We have similar mindsets. :D
  • bimpski
    bimpski Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I delete people that don't interact with me, especially when they are the ones looking for friends. what's up with that? i do give them a chance, but if they continually collect friends and don't ever respond to any of my posts then what's the point? i like to have friends that i can support and who can support me in return.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,264 Member
    Options
    I will delete if someone has not even logged on for over 2 months. I will also delete people that believe in "detoxes", "juice fasts", and who eat under 1200 calories a day regularly.

That said, I know I have deleted from a few recently because I have not been logging much here. Sorry, but going through my mom's passing, trying to sell a house, and moving to a new state took priority. So those friends that are still on my list are the ones I figure may actually give a dang about ME. I was still here, still interacting, and the like. I was simply eating maintenance and dealing with other stuff for a little bit.

BTW, things have now calmed down and I hope to be back to logging next week.
  • fit_war
    fit_war Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    1. I delete people that add me and don't ever interact:grumble:

2. If I have 50 friends on my list probably i will not accept a FR or maybe i will :huh: ... and if I do... back to point number 1

I like to interact with my friends and more than 50 ... not sure if i can do that!
  • b3st
    b3st Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

2. If I have 50 friends on my list probably i will not accept a FR or maybe i will :huh: ... and if I do... back to point number 1

I like to interact with my friends and more than 50 ... not sure if i can do that!

I'm thinking off adding you and not interacting, what's the survival rate?
  • mrhonesty
    mrhonesty Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    So we are all agreed, small is better? :cry:
  • PghPensFan69
    PghPensFan69 Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    I make cuts on a regular basis because I don't like being treated like a piece of fruit. If you don't interact, you don't last.
  • fit_war
    fit_war Posts: 985 Member
    Options

I'm thinking off adding you and not interacting, what's the survival rate?

mmmm.... i will think about it

LOL