Condiments on chicken breast?

Options
13»

Replies

• IWILLBelieveAchieveInspire
    Options
    Atomic Horseradish! Insanely hot...love it!
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Salt, pepper, lemon.

Or, with provolone and mayo on two slices of whole wheat bread, with lettuce, tomato and onion.
  • kjenks123
    kjenks123 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I BBQ the breasts and eat 1.5 a day. I will also have 1/3 cup cooked brown rice and some kind of green veggie like broccoli so I often add a little soy sauce and that makes it alright. Other times I'll add some Franks red hot. I know both are full of sodium but if you don't use too much it is nice just for a little taste.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I'm curious what other people use as a condiment for their chicken breast. I used to eat it alone, but I find it harder to eat it alone the more and more I do. So what do you all use? What do you consider healthy? BBQ sauce? Salsa? A1 steak sauce?

I rarely add condiments to my food, other than salt and pepper. As far as "healthy," there is no such thing as an "unhealthy" food. Eat the one you like best and make it fit into your goals. Log it, enjoy it, move on.
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I like to do the following:

1) Put the chicken in the crockpot and dump a jar of corn and black bean salsa over it and cook for 8 hrs. Yums and not dry at all.

2) Put chicken in crockpot, stir together a chicken bouillon cube with 1c water and a packet of taco seasoning, dump it over the chicken and then add a can (or frozen) corn and some black beans and if you like onions and peppers, throw some of those in too. Cook for 8 hrs. (You can also shred this and put over lettuce or in a tortilla)

3) Bake in the oven with Mrs Dash (Variety of flavors)

4) Bake in the oven sprinkled with dry ranch mix.

5) Mix 2 packets dry ranch seasoning, 1/4 c light brown sugar and then mix it together WITHOUT adding liquid and roll your chicken breasts in it and place on foil lined cookie sheet and bake on 350 for about 45 minutes. (aka 3 ingredient chicken). Good to eat with veggies or over rice. Leftovers work well for lunches.
  • oc1timoco
    oc1timoco Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Sliced Avocado on the side, sprinkled with a little red pepper
  • Expect_The_Worst
    Options
    I'm curious what other people use as a condiment for their chicken breast. I used to eat it alone, but I find it harder to eat it alone the more and more I do. So what do you all use? What do you consider healthy? BBQ sauce? Salsa? A1 steak sauce?

I rubs the lotion on the skin, then eats it.
  • stephgetsfit2
    stephgetsfit2 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I like mine with some flavor and spice. All i add is some Tony Chachere Creole seasoning!
    You can get it at the grocery store in the spices section. the packaging is green with a little chef on it.
    It last forever because all it takes is a little bit on your chicken!
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Drew's lemon tahini dressing. A little goes a long way.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I always keep a bottle of Cholula (hot sauce) at my desk. Smoked Louisiana has a nice flavor, too.
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Use some paprika!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I never thought a thread about chicken breasts would make me hungry...but some of you guys have really tasty ideas!
  • JobyHux
    JobyHux Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Spinach!! Goes good with fish too
  • beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    i toss it in chipotle or adobo sauce its so good.
    its a canned sauce you can find in the hispanic food aisle.
  • running_tall
    running_tall Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm a "dipper", lol. I use Ken's Lite Honey Mustard Dressing (80 cals) or Worcestershire Sauce (0 cals)

I also LOVE Southern Flavor. When I cook with that...I don't feel the need to dip my chicken in some kind of sauce. I get it in the spice section of my grocery store, but it may only be available in the south. I live in Alabama.
  • Koholint
    Koholint Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I've been eating it dipped in just a smidge of "rich and bold" Thousand Island dressing or peppercorn ranch. I switch up the sides so I haven't gotten too tired of it yet... It goes good with cherry tomatoes, or tossed in salad, or whatever. Or you can just add mayo and make it chicken salad. Personally can't use the BBQ sauce we have right now because it makes me sick (note: Sweet Baby Ray's contains gluten, thanks to the mysterious modified food starch) and I'm too cheap to buy another bottle until my husband uses this one up. Although with all of the ideas here, I might try something new when my dressings are used up. (: