I don't over-eat too much and I workout..

Options
124»

Replies

• AwesomeGuy37
    AwesomeGuy37 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I always log EXACTLY what I eat.

If you're not using a scale, you CAN'T log exactly what you are eating. Two different cups of flour can have 50 cals difference between the two - or more.

About a week in I recalled a 0.063 cup of cheese. How in the.. ??
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    edit:

Oh FFS, already rage-quit.:grumble:

Rage-quitters ALWAYS lurk the trigger thread.

Absorbed cottage cheese vapours through osmosis while walking down the supermarket aisle.
  • Erinelda
    Erinelda Posts: 96
    Options
    "About a week in I recalled a 0.063 cup of cheese. How in the.. ??"

Lol
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

If you're not using a scale, you CAN'T log exactly what you are eating. Two different cups of flour can have 50 cals difference between the two - or more.

Im loosing it. A 0.063 cup xD

The only way I see this is someone was measuring stuff out by teaspoons or tablespoons and there was only the cups option.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Thread synopsis:

OP: oh hai, I'm not losing weight because I eat too much, but I'm sorta honest but in denial about it...

MFP: Please be honest, log accurately and try and stick to your caloric goal

OP: OMFG you're all so mean - just tell me I'm a special snowflake!!

MFP: Please be honest, log accurately and try and stick to your caloric goal

OP:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTEWbE8OwSh3eQPWn3Or4xBZaqA5BOtbOVABRSb2VybjczRhrGe0g
  • AwesomeGuy37
    Options

Im loosing it. A 0.063 cup xD

The only way I see this is someone was measuring stuff out by teaspoons or tablespoons and there was only the cups option.

That makes perfect sense. 0.0625 is a tablespoon.
  • Erinelda
    Erinelda Posts: 96
    Options
    I looked it up. That is exactly 1.008 Tbs LOL.

Edit. Well that zaps all the humor out of it :p
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    wow, such accuracy, I wouldn't have measured a tablespoon of cheese likely.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    How do you measure a tablespoon of cheese, short of using the measuring spoon as an ice cream scoop?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    How do you measure a tablespoon of cheese, short of using the measuring spoon as an ice cream scoop?

dig it into the cheese? Or if it is grated/shredded cheese, try to mash it into the spoon?
  • AwesomeGuy37
    Options

It was some sort of Japanese cheese or non-cheese product..as she was vegetarian. I measure Parmesan with a tablespoon. It may be like that..? Only can guess.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Interesting about the cheese.....

And I eat Doritos, just not that often. But the frosting, yeah me and it are not friends anymore.

And whoever did the conversation between OP and MFP: it's the story that seems to happen a lot. :tongue:

:ohwell:
  • firelight4321
    firelight4321 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    af004fb7f16f9544cfcc01d800657813.jpg

QFT
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    af004fb7f16f9544cfcc01d800657813.jpg
    Ha. There was just a story on NPR on this. Apparently someone has done studies of people trying to reeducate people about how the MMR vaccine is in fact safe for kids (the original article that stated it was bad has not only been disproved by other studies, but the original author retracted the article due to the bad science). Apparently telling people they are wrong, they understand, but are even less likely to get their kids vaccinated.

Essentially, they are so upset about being wrong, they rally even harder against it to keep "control" of the situation. It was interesting.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    what happened? :frown: