Your Affordable Dream Car?

Options

Replies

• Alehmer
    Alehmer Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    Whaat? That looks pretty badass, plus you could drive it anywhere. But I would take an Audi in just about any form, especially the R8... but this:
    This is wrong.
    282cfbfc-cf0d-4221-9244-74cdf1bfe38c_zps2cff283b.jpg
    [/quote]

That's manufacturer pre-release camouflage to hide all the details of the car before it's put out for the public. Look at spy shots of cars under development and testing and you'll see a lot of this.
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Woot, car geek here!

All used, can't imagine ever buying a brand new car.

[pictures of M3s, Lotus, Porsches here]

I suspect you've spent some time at road tracks--your list is full of cars that handle curves well (or can with the right driver), or they have good power-to-weight ratios. I am sentimental myself about E36s.

We bought our affordable dream car last year (Subaru BRZ):

2013-subaru-brz-sports-car-first-drive-review-car-and-driver-photo-432774-s-429x262.jpg

Handles beautifully--love the moment when you hit the apex...
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    In all reality, I want a '67 Shelby GT 500 fastback. BUT...I'll settle for the 2015 Shelby once it comes out methinks. :) I can't wait!!

Ah yes!!!!! Is it bad I wish my parents traded an 'L' in my name to a 'B'?! lol! So shocked my Father didn't think of that but he hates Fords, if I buy this car though I bet he will try to take the keys as often as he can!

I have the 40th anniversary addition and have driven the hell out of it lol! It's lasted me 7 years now this month and it will be handed down to my younger brother. A lot of people dislike Ford for whatever their reasons are. But it's been good to me :)
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Something simple for everyday use:

VantageS-2_1850815b.jpg

Yes, good everyday car.

Aston DB9 for daily driving. Diablo VT Roadster for weekend getaways. Makes for a decent well rounded garage.

I already have my affordable dream car on the way pending production. Vette C7 Z51. But the Aston will be next :bigsmile:
  • Perplexities
    Perplexities Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    gtrs5.jpg

LOVE

YUS!
    although bummer its an automatic,
    or if you wanna go more affordable then the 350Z

It kind of has to be automatic, you still get control over the shift points if you want them, + launch control.
    Being a true Manual would probably just slow it down in most cases.
  • Alehmer
    Alehmer Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    As someone who has this type of transmission in his wife's GTI, it would be better on track, but for the other 99.999% of the time we would both really rather have a true manual. It's our biggest regret about her car, but we just didn't have enough time to find a true manual when her previous car lost air conditioning (in Florida). After playing with it for a while, you just treat it like a regular automatic. A very good auto, but still.
  • bcoop911
    bcoop911 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    porsche-cayman-s-1.jpg
    My affordable dream car... a Porsche Cayman S... a used one is WELL within affordable and they are fun agile little speedsters... and much more practical economically ($$) than the 911. (which i really want, but are not affordable)... I just bought a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, but once that beast is paid off i am getting a Cayman S as my summer car. :-)
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    As previously stated, affordable is actually relative...

rtdtp0.jpg
    First on my list for suuuure!

2vj6dkl.jpg
    In dark green though :love:

2hx8vah.jpg
    So cute and little!

2rzflh2.jpg
    Also so cute!

2vif5i1.jpg
    And because it's always nice to have a truck!
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    My not exactly affordable dream car is a BMW M6 Convertible.

My more affordable dream vehicle is an F-150 Platinum Edition in that pearly white. Oh wait!!! There's my beauty in the driveway.... :heart: :bigsmile:
  • NatiaGonitellie
    NatiaGonitellie Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    m268a.jpg
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Right now I have mine. I got a 2008 VW R32. Only thing its missing right now is a Turbocharger but I got that fixed in the summer.
  • biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I just got my affordable Dream Car 2 days ago. A 2014 Chevy Camaro in hot red. Loooooooooove it. :laugh: :laugh: :heart: :heart:
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    06' bmw m3

*drool*
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Ohhhhh Yeah!!!! (I have kids in college) LOL (jk)

Yugo.jpg
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    I saw a few posts for Jeep Wrangler.
    I am happy that I am driving someone elses dream....
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Bought my dream car in December. I love my Jeep Wrangler! Glad to see others can appreciate the Jeep as well.
  • erockem
    erockem Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    general_lee.jpg
  • _db_
    _db_ Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    No question: Scion FR-S.

1qjDAG1m.jpg
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I already have mine.

photobucket-17381-1376314844396_zps9ac665db.jpg
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I'd love to have an old Miata just for fun. I test drove one and nearly bought it for $3K, but it's just not practical to own a two-seater with no trunk space. If I ever move to a house with a garage, I'm going to do it.