What's the best way to dump my gf?

Options
Scumbag_Gil
Scumbag_Gil Posts: 397 Member
So I've been dating this girl for a month but I don't think she's right for me. Anyway I want to end things with her but idk how. I was thinking about doing it over text. Not sure if I can do it in person. Any ideas of what to text her ?

Replies

• prestonam
    prestonam Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    DO NOT TEXT HER TO DUMP HER! Be a MAN and tell her to her face.
  • arwacky
    arwacky Posts: 1,653
    Options
    How about not by text? Imagine bumping into her after the fact..awkward...!
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Jerry Springer. Any other way is just lazy.
  • arainiday1
    arainiday1 Posts: 1,763 Member
    Options
    show her this thread
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    MAN UP. :grumble: Don't be a total jerk. Tell her in person. Be quick and then go away.
  • JenniCali1000
    JenniCali1000 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Well...considering your un, I'm thinking break-up by text may not be so inappropriate ;) Go for it, scumbag! Lol
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Doing it by text just because you want to avoid a scene is selfish and cowardly. Do it in person. You owe it to her.
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options
    Man up! Breaking up is not very pleasant unless its mutual. Just do it in person.
  • arwacky
    Options
    Man up! Breaking up is not very pleasant unless its mutual. Just do it in person.

+1

Why did I think you were scary??? Lol
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options

+1

Don't judge the book by its cover, ha ha.
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Skywriter.

But seriously, man up and do it in person. Just not, like, on her birthday or something.
  • arwacky
    Options

+1

Don't judge the book by its cover, ha ha.
    I wasn't!! You made some pretty..interesting..comments.
    Anyways back on track!
    Rip off that bandaid! If she cries console her. Like I said..you never know if you'll see her again..
  • ComradeTovarich
    ComradeTovarich Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Grow a pair and tell her in person brah.
  • V0lver
    V0lver Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    naa texting is way too serious bro..just kik her imo
  • CometMeebru
    CometMeebru Posts: 122
    Options
    gil pls
  • Mello_Rello
    Mello_Rello Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Do it however you want, either way she's better of without a jerk in her life. What are you, 13? A man wouldn't even have to ask that question, let alone come on line and ask a bunch of strangers. So weak....do the girl a favor and do it ASAP.
  • TripZeros
    TripZeros Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    The tribe has spoken, dude. Just go there and break up like adults.

Besides... If you break up over text, I feel like some people don't actually think it's truly over... You're going to want to be there to make it clear, answer any questions and not leave any doors open you don't want open.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Just mention you really interested in back door.
  • asprettyasme
    Options
    Communication is key. Have you ever told her that you needed space or have you ever told her she was too clingy? It sounds like you're scared to talk to her and tell her your feelings. Have you ever had an honest conversation with her? How is she suppose to know what areas she need to work on if you never talk to her about it. Relationships only work when both people communicate and work out their differences. No one is perfect, and no relationship is perfect. It takes a lot of communication and understanding for a relationship to work.

I told people over text that I didn't want to be friends anymore. So, I'm honestly not against breaking up over text. I think you should do it however you want but you better make sure its for the right reasons because if you break up with her and then realize that you want her then you're going to hate yourself afterwards. I know from experience that there are a few people that I've told off over text and then weeks or even months later, I realized I missed them and wish I never let them go. But they're gone and they're not coming back, so you better think twice about this before you make a big mistake.