What's the best way to dump my gf?

Options

Replies

• RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Why would anyone ask for relationship advice on MFP? Bad idea.
  • RobsGirl_lds
    Options
    Candygram is the only way to go. And she can burry her sorrow in chocolate.
  • csman49
    csman49 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Tell her you're into swinging, and that a few guys and girls you know would love to join you both.

If she says OK, then she's probably a keeper anyway! And if she says no way, well then there's your out.
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Either way, just ask her to appreciate that she just doged a bullet.
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I totally thought you wrote gif.

that is all.
  • TorontoDiane
    TorontoDiane Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    do not text her. do not email her.. do not get a friend to do it.. do not leave it alone

do however meet her in person.. I know its only a month but you owe her that and it can be simple and just explain how you feel .. not only will you in the end feel better but she will have an awful lot more respect for you.. and in the end.. you can both sleep better.. a month is not a long time however if she has feelings for you.. be decent about it
  • lookinggoodkel
    lookinggoodkel Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    do not text her. do not email her.. do not get a friend to do it.. do not leave it alone

do however meet her in person.. I know its only a month but you owe her that and it can be simple and just explain how you feel .. not only will you in the end feel better but she will have an awful lot more respect for you.. and in the end.. you can both sleep better.. a month is not a long time however if she has feelings for you.. be decent about it

well said TorontoDiane

be a gentleman and tell her face to face
  • brewji
    brewji Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I asked for help not to judge me, pretty sure none of you are perfect.

You're on the MFP forums. Expect to get judged.

The best thing is to communicate to her face, in person. Get straight to the point, she will hurt less in the long run that way (and so will you).
  • helsingj
    helsingj Posts: 4
    Options
    In person in at least a semi-private place...you can only be responsible for YOU! (and your responses/re-actions). IF she goes off then that only makes her look bad, not you (and then point noted).
  • heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Have a little person dressed in a leprechaun suit do it...nobody can be upset getting news like that.
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Best day is Valentine's Day but since that's passed you should wait until St Patrick's Day. Get her drunk and tell her. I promise you it'll all go smoothly.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    So I've been dating this girl for a month but I don't think she's right for me. Anyway I want to end things with her but idk how. I was thinking about doing it over text. Not sure if I can do it in person. Any ideas of what to text her ?
    How about this?
    funny-dump-girlfriend-text-message.jpg

Seriously though, you haven't been dumped until you've been dumped by this woman:
    me-with-whole-truckr_1.aspx
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Uh-oh. This sounds like a fake question. A troll? ;-)

Do what gentlemen do, unless you aren't one.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Do it VIA text.
    Explain that you need to dump her because she deserves a real man.
    It might hurt but she will appreaciate the honesty.
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I asked for help not to judge me, pretty sure none of you are perfect.

You're on the MFP forums. Expect to get judged.

The best thing is to communicate to her face, in person. Get straight to the point, she will hurt less in the long run that way (and so will you).

tumblr_m6xh6pzrx61rnvwt1_zps8f079e95.gif
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Well...considering your un, I'm thinking break-up by text may not be so inappropriate ;) Go for it, scumbag! Lol

^^ truth ^^
  • hawkeyedave1981
    Options
    Yeah doing it by text is the exact wrong way to do it. Unless you enjoy doing things wrong.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Did you give her the chicken? If you gave her the chicken, you can't dump her.

ETA that I just finished reading the whole thing. I know my memory's bad, but I'm pretty sure it hasn't been 6 months since you asked how you should ask out this girl you thought was "the one". So, are you fake cheating on your fake girlfriend?! Or do you have a real girlfriend and you were fake asking someone else out? Man, I'm glad I'm not in high school anymore!