5ft 3.5 - 5ft 4 ladies - goal weight?

Options

Replies

• catherinemaxwell566
    Options
    Im like 5'4 and a half....Anyways. I started at 217, currently at 193. I am very hippy, and very well endowed--mine seems high but my goal is like 165-170. I was 175 before, and I looked awesome :). At 193, I am currently in a 30 waist--or size 10. dress size is probably a 12. So I think another 25 lbs will take me right to where I want to be.

Wow...the different ways women carry their weight and the variance in sizes always amaze me, I'm 5'4" also and approx. 164lbs and I'm BUSTING out of my size 12 pants! And there is NO WAY I could get into a size 10 ANYTHING!

Im wondering if youre thinking UK sizes and shes thinking US sizes

Well I'm thinking US sizes, if she's thinking UK sizes that would explain a lot, though this is not the first time I've noted (to myself mostly) that a lot of different women, my height and of various weights wear various sizes of clothing.

a UK 10 is a US size 6 , and a US size 10 is a UK size 14
    so thinking of a US size 10, I could be that unil I was around 150lbs
  • smithem65
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and my goal weight is 140. My highest weight at one time was 187. I have small goals and feel great when I meet an accomplishment, 5 lbs at a time.
  • brandiegirl16
    brandiegirl16 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    i am 5ft 4in... my starting weight in my before pic is 198. I am at my goal weight at 135. Have been maintaining for 5 years. I continue to use this sight to stay accountable and to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

Everyone carries weight distribution differently.. you have to find what feels right for you.. where you feel healthy.

hope this was helpful. Best of luck!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    im 5'4" - 5'5" on a good day.

My SW: 278
    My CW: 211
    My GW: still undecided completely. However I believe will be between 153-178.

Just not sure yet.
  • mrsfyredude
    mrsfyredude Posts: 177 Member
    Options

Im Canadian...haha. So its american. I think im a uk 12/14. At least the panties my mother in law sends me for christmas (Hubby is a brit--and if you don't get underwear in the stocking, you're not family) are a 12/14.

ROFL! Nice!
  • kaikaibeachtime
    kaikaibeachtime Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4.5 and 118. I really want to be in the 110-115 range because I have a small frame.
  • Erikaelias85
    Erikaelias85 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5 almost 5'3, my goal is to be 120. I need to lose 19 pounds...seems daunting.
  • lisajsund
    lisajsund Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I don't have a clue where *I* want my goal weight to be. at the moment, my eating disorder wants my weight to be 105lbs - I want to recover but lose weight at the same time. I am nowhere near underweight - 167lbs, 5ft 4.

what is your goal weight?

Depends on your body composition, how much body fat vs lean tissue you have.
    I'm 5'5" and currently have a body comp of 28% body fat. I'd like to get between 165-170 and maintain the 135 lbs of lean tissue I have. More lean tissue = more calorie burning = more food to maintain!

Have you ever had this done? According to BMI, my "healthy" weight range is 111-149. If I made it to 149 with maintaining my lean tissue, I'd be 9.3% body fat. Much too low for a woman of child bearing age.

we are like the same person :)

I will add you, same person. :wink:
  • lq022
    lq022 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hellooo =) .. I'm 5'4" ... current weight: 230 -- yuckkkk ..... My current goal is ~150 and then re-assess. Maybe drop a few more pounds or add some muscle.

I'd just go with the flow and stop when you feel comfortable. As long as you think you look good and you're health/lab numbers are normal, you'll be fine =)
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Honestly dont go by goal weight , go by body fat , and measurement ...

^ this

I don't have a goal weight - losing pounds is not my focus. I prefer to go by how I feel, how my clothes fit, and what I see in the mirror!
  • karibj2010
    karibj2010 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" - my goal weight is between 135-140 lbs...I will re-evaluate once I get to 140 lbs (which has been my initial goal since I began this journey August 2012.
  • lexbubbles
    lexbubbles Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    5'4, GW 112-120 (lower end of healthy)

I've been 130 before and still looked 'big' but then I didn't exercise so I was still all flab.

I'd be happy with smaller measurements. Last time I was 130 I was 37-27-37. If I can get under that I'll be happy. Maybe 36-26-36 (currently 40-30-40)
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    5'4" here~

Highest weight was around 160. Original goal was 120, but since I've discovered weight lifting, now I'm not so sure.
    I'm currently around 140, hoping to lose some more weight and inches.
    I'd love a 25" waist *__*
  • teellis71
    teellis71 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think it really all depends on your muscular build. I am 5'1", and when I was at my most fit level, I was a lean, muscular 120, but was a size 5/6!
  • gapeach1279
    gapeach1279 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 1/2" and my goal weight is 120. I'm usually around 127-130, but after recent health issues, I weighed in at 141 this past Sunday. I plan on competing in a fitness bikini competition later this year, so I believe a toned 120 will be prefect for me, as I carry a curvy figure.
  • wertgirlfor
    wertgirlfor Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm content at 135 lbs, and I'm 5ft4
  • krennie8
    krennie8 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    5' 3.5"

starting weight, 172
    current weight, 162.6
    goal weight, 130

If I can get to this point I'll be happy. 125 might be better, but honestly I haven't been 125 since 8th grade. There's no way I'm going lower than that. I don't want to be a twig, just healthy, and less than 125 I don't believe would be healthy for me.
  • jasmineeatsfood
    jasmineeatsfood Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm around 5' 3.5

SW: 154
    CW: 141
    GW: 115 - 120
  • catherinemaxwell566
    Options
    I don't have a clue where *I* want my goal weight to be. at the moment, my eating disorder wants my weight to be 105lbs - I want to recover but lose weight at the same time. I am nowhere near underweight - 167lbs, 5ft 4.

what is your goal weight?

Depends on your body composition, how much body fat vs lean tissue you have.
    I'm 5'5" and currently have a body comp of 28% body fat. I'd like to get between 165-170 and maintain the 135 lbs of lean tissue I have. More lean tissue = more calorie burning = more food to maintain!

Have you ever had this done? According to BMI, my "healthy" weight range is 111-149. If I made it to 149 with maintaining my lean tissue, I'd be 9.3% body fat. Much too low for a woman of child bearing age.

we are like the same person :)

I will add you, same person. :wink:

how did you work out how much of your body is lean tissue?
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    The avatar is me at 25 and 110 pounds. I'm 5'4" and I have a small frame. As you can tell I don't look thin there. My goal weight is 110 since I still have the small frame and now have diabetes.