5ft 3.5 - 5ft 4 ladies - goal weight?

Options

Replies

• Trying2Recover
    Options
    I'm only 5'3. I hate when I can't participate.

It is an oddly specific height range. :laugh:

I said 5ft 3.5 - 5ft 4 because its the height range I am, it seems to vary on the day :P
  • heron924
    heron924 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm 5'3 ish and I am currently at 163 lbs. I want to get down to 130-135. We'll see how I do from there, but I'd be happy just to get that far.

Edit:

Oops, accidentally posted on bf's account (he was logged in on my computer) XD . I'm really a girl and 5'3 ish!
  • nattymommy33
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and I want to get down to my college weight eventually-- 155. When I weighed that, I wore a size six jeans and small tops. I had a 28 inch waist too! I got down below 140 after graduate school and I looked and felt terrible, way too thin.
  • CiCi924
    CiCi924 Posts: 34
    Options
    I'm 5'3 ish and I am currently at 163 lbs. I want to get down to 130-135. We'll see how I do from there, but I'd be happy just to get that far.

Edit:

Oops, accidentally posted on bf's account (he was logged in on my computer) XD . I'm really a girl and 5'3 ish!

Hi! This is actually me :P Not that anyone cares, but still.
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4

SW: 168
    CW: 136
    GW: 122-125 (but really it's about what I can maintain and what I feel good in)
  • asciident
    asciident Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4". I have a lot to lose so my current long-term goal is 145, which puts me at the high end of normal BMI. When I eventually get there, I will probably re-evaluate. I also have a larger frame (shoulders and ribcage set quite wide for example); I would take your frame into consideration when thinking about your goals. Some women our height look fine at the lower end of the normal BMI, while others feel it's too thin.
  • rachelamber_x
    rachelamber_x Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3.5"
    Currently I weigh 122lb, I'm not really sure what my goal weight is, I don't really care about the number on the scale tbh.

My bodyfat is around 25% which is what I want to change! I'm aiming for 20% at the moment, then will re-evaluate. I may stop beforehand if I am happy with my body, but at the moment although I'm slim I'm a bit too jiggly for my liking.

ETA: I think I am fairly small framed, last year I was around 130lb and I looked big and a few people (family and friends) commented on it.
  • jelie3110
    jelie3110 Posts: 433
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and weigh 121 lbs, I'm a size 4-6 in most clothes. I would like to get down to 117 lbs
  • amwoidyla
    amwoidyla Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    5'4"
    CW: 142
    GW: 130
    Ideally...I'd be happy at 23% body fat no matter what my weight was. It's just not coming off!
  • Citrislazer
    Citrislazer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 4.75" an average to large frame. I'm right in between frame sizes. I use to weigh 130-133lb in college. 130 was manageable with partying every weekend and looking good. However, at 130 without exercise I probably looked more like I was closer to 140. I'm getting back to 130-133 again, but this time I'm gonna be fit. There's a huge difference with being a food diet 130 and a fit 130.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    My goal height is 5'9

Mine too! We should be friends!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    OP I'm 5'4" and my current weight is 123. I wear a size 2-4.
  • naturegate
    naturegate Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Your ideal weight range is 110-145 lbs - :smile: with a BMI of 19-25. You could start with a goal of 145 lbs, and then go from there.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    5'5- current 140 pounds. My goal weight is 130 at the minimum- going more by BF% and how i look
  • Alicue21
    Alicue21 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" exactly. I don't know what people mean by frames. I think I have linebacker shoulders ( I do have broad shoulders) but have been told I'm petite in build, so there you go. You should go based on how your clothes fit. When I started losing weight (long before MFP was even around) I started at 190 lbs. My current weight is 125. I am trying to lose a lb or two just to build a cushion for my summer activities - beer drinking mainly. Priorities, ya know.

I think any less weight on my frame (whether I'm medium or small framed, once again whatever that means since I've never seen something quantifiable and science tells me there should be something quantifiable), would make me look unhealthy.

I'd suggest you talk with a licensed nutritionist or a doctor since there are eating disorders in addition to your weight loss goals. Your goal should be to be healthy before all else. In my uneducated but experienced position, I wouldn't go less than 120 lbs. Anything else you may look emaciated.
  • beachylove
    beachylove Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3.5" and currently weigh 187.4lbs...started at 210lbs 2 months ago. I am shooting to be about 140lbs however I will re-evaluate as I get closer to that. ideally long term I would think that 130-135 would be best but then again since I am working on fitness this time I will see how my body is when I get down close to goal weight.

I had gotten down to about 110 when I was 21 but I was so sickly looking people started to worry. I am hoping to shoot for healthy and what I can maintain best at since 110 required me to eat almost nothing and work out 7 days a week 2x a day.
  • epona08
    epona08 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4.

SW: 200
    CW: 188
    GW: 140

I was 140-150 lbs through most of college and felt pretty good about how I looked most days, or at least looking back I like how I looked and remember it fondly. Honestly, I've never been happy with myself at any weight, even when I was underweight in high school. *shrugs* But I think that's a good weight for me, we shall see once I get there. I may decide I need to lose more or I may decide I just need to work on more body recomp.
  • fortunate1204
    fortunate1204 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and currently just under 160lbs. My goal weight is 140. I was 135lbs about 5 years ago and it was a bit too small for my frame (I had a 6-pack and all).
  • overshine
    overshine Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    5'3.25" and my 1st GW is get under 145. 2nd is 135. I'm pretty happy with anything under 135; because historically clothes fit well and i can wear a bikini without thinking about it too much. 125 is the least i've ever weighed and while i was extremely trim and super enjoyed shopping then; it was very difficult (read: impossible) to maintain in a healthy manner. i'm trying to lose the weight the right way this time so it stays ooooooffff my boday.
  • keeptehpeace
    keeptehpeace Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'3, 125lbs, looking to get to 115lbs. i will re-evaluate then.