Has anyone tried Herbalife? What is your opinion?

Options

Replies

• michellerenee22
    michellerenee22 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Calling something a waste of money and liking to eat food isn't being negative. It's being factual.
    QFT
    Somehow when you don't say what people want to hear, it's negative. Stop being such a hater!! :tongue:

No- actually being negative is bashing what someone is doing to get healthy and fit. NO herbalife is not for everyone. For me, I dont like a lot of healthy food. Its hard for me to think of different options to being for lunch that are easy and taste good. 2 shakes a day help me stay within my calories, I still have 2 healthy snacks and a healthy meal. I am working out 5-6 days a week and actually have the energy for that now. Once I reach my goal I will probably continue with a shake for 1 meal and will still eat healthy. So talk it down all you want but it works for me and a lot of other people.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Here's a thought, OP.

Say you take it, and it works. That's awesome. You get hooked on meal replacement garbage that's putting money in the pocket of other folks, since it's yet another MLM scheme.

That's your prerogative. I think it's dumb and so do many other people here...

but take it from this angle:

What happens when it doesn't exist anymore? The magic shakes are gone. What then?

You have two choices at that point. Food, like most people... or hunting for the next miracle.

Now, you're gonna have plenty of "coaches" showing up here to sell you harder on the product. Probably messaging you to death... but that's par for the course. You're also gonna have people here that have lost a lot of weight without gimmicks/fads/shakes or anything other than just... yup... you guessed it... food.

ETA: oh, and the "coaches" are really easy to find. If they don't send you private messages about how you can lose with their stuff, they'll show up here and get really... really butthurt that someone is here to try to talk you out of trying their product.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Calling something a waste of money and liking to eat food isn't being negative. It's being factual.
    QFT
    Somehow when you don't say what people want to hear, it's negative. Stop being such a hater!! :tongue:

No- actually being negative is bashing what someone is doing to get healthy and fit. NO herbalife is not for everyone. For me, I dont like a lot of healthy food. Its hard for me to think of different options to being for lunch that are easy and taste good. 2 shakes a day help me stay within my calories, I still have 2 healthy snacks and a healthy meal. I am working out 5-6 days a week and actually have the energy for that now. Once I reach my goal I will probably continue with a shake for 1 meal and will still eat healthy. So talk it down all you want but it works for me and a lot of other people.

Maybe you didn't read the thread title? Maybe you should. The OP isn't using this product. She is asking for opinions on the product.

Fact: I like to eat my food.
    Fact: You can get the same benefits with a healthy diet making this a waste of money.
  • michellerenee22
    Options
    I understand your point. However $3 a meal (including supplements), or $1.50 a meal for just the shakes, if far LESS than what it costs to eat a healthy meal. Like I said, its not for everyone. But its convenient, tastes good, and works for me.
    QFT

Maybe you didn't read the thread title? Maybe you should. The OP isn't using this product. She is asking for opinions on the product.

Fact: You can get the same benefits with a healthy diet making this a waste of money.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    I understand your point. However $3 a meal (including supplements), or $1.50 a meal for just the shakes, if far LESS than what it costs to eat a healthy meal. Like I said, its not for everyone. But its convenient, tastes good, and works for me.
    QFT

soooo hows it working out for your weightloss?
  • michellerenee22
    Options
    Ive only been doing it for 6 weeks. I have lost 6lbs and 7 inches, and gained muscle. How is it not working is the question?
    QFT

• trogalicious
    Options
    Ive only been doing it for 6 weeks. I have lost 6lbs and 7 inches, and gained muscle. How is it not working is the question?
    lol, no you haven't. you just...

no.
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options

Nonsense. Many of our homecooked meals are <$2 per serving for an entire plate of food.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

No not really. I can make broccoli for a few meals along with pasta and it'll last me for at least 3-4 days eating it 2x a day. By far that meal is cheaper than what? For 3 days...If you eat 6 $3 meals = $18 or 6 $1.50 shakes = $9. I guarantee my pasta and broccoli taste better.

Just sayin' it's NOT cheaper than eating healthy.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    QFT

all dem gainz!
  • TheMrsCole
    TheMrsCole Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Although I have no issues with Herbalife, the plan sets you up to drink shakes instead of eating meals. I found myself missing actually chewing food. Since then I have learned that I can make meals that wind up being the same amount of calories but really fill me up.

If you are wanting to do it because of the simplicity then I suggest looking into meal prepping. =)
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    Herbalife along with every other diet program works because it puts you in a calorie deficit.

MFP does this also and it's 100% free.

My advice to you, OP, is to try MFP for a month. Just log all your food consistently (that means weighing and measuring too so you're accurately reporting) and try to increase your activity levels for now. Give it a little time and see how you do.
  • michellerenee22
    Options
    I am not saying the herbalife helped me gain muscle. I now have the energy and the desire to workout 5-6 days a week cardio and strength training. I only added in that I have gained muscle, since I haven't lost as many lbs as I have inches.

Im not going to sit here and argue with everyone all day. I just was letting the OP know that it works for me. Which is what she asked.
    lol, no you haven't. you just...

no.
  • glynie12
    glynie12 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
  • trogalicious
    Options
    I am not saying the herbalife helped me gain muscle. I now have the energy and the desire to workout 5-6 days a week cardio and strength training. I only added in that I have gained muscle, since I haven't lost as many lbs as I have inches.

Im not going to sit here and argue with everyone all day. I just was letting the OP know that it works for me. Which is what she asked.
    you haven't gained muscle and lost weight. Not arguing here is good since you're so... incredibly... wrong.
  • greeneyes972
    Options
    I tried it for about 3 weeks, because one of my gf's said it's sooo awesome and you feel amazing when taking it... well, I did feel amazing, for about 2 weeks... and then my hormones started going crazy. I did lose about 3.5 lbs in 2 weeks, and my clothes were fitting way looser... but my hormones... oh goodness, not worth it. I was an emotional wreck, and sorry guys for the TMI but I started getting cramps, and it wasn't that time of the month. It didn't seem worth it to mess up my lady cycle for this "diet". You only have one body. You should feed it the best food you can find!

I have a few theories about my hormonal nosedive:
    1. It could have been the soy - it's been proven that soy messes with your thyroid, and your thyroid controls a lot of your hormones. And if GMO concerns you (as it should!!!) nowhere on the herbalife website (or containers) does it say it is non-GMO product. Something like 95% of the world's soy is GMO. So be careful ingesting so much crap! Also, google it! I found SOOO many people saying their hormones went crazy while taking Herbalife! For as many "miracle" stories, there are just as many horror stories.
    2. The added hormones in the milk. I researched my issues with the Herbalife and I found several interesting articles on consuming an overload of dairy... worth a Google!
    3. The SUGAR!!! There are 9 grams of sugar in 2 scoops of Herbalife... add that to the sugar in milk, and your blood sugar is just on a roller coaster all day long.
    4. The whole "no eating, just drinking" my calories felt good at first, like I felt light and energetic... but it started to drive me crazy after a while. My guy brought home taquitos one night and I just started crying, bc I had been drinking/ eating nothing but shakes and lean meats/veggies (plain meat, veggies with nothing on them - once a day) for 3 weeks straight.... and I freaking LOVE taquitos! So yeah. that was the last day I drank Herbalife. I have never ever in my entire LIFE cried about food before I started drinking Herbalife!!!
    Also, for those of you saying it's so expensive, well it can be, if you buy from a "coach". however I bought it on eBay from a distributor for 25 bucks a canister, which is also why I thought I'd try it... 25 bucks for 30 meals? Not bad, and very tempting for someone on a budget.

I will say, the chocolate shakes are delicious! Might be my "cheat" if I am ever craving something chocolate... but after my emotional breakdown haha idk if I'll risk putting that stuff in my body again. So for now it just sits in my cabinet.

So yeah, that's my Herbalife experience... I say, stick to whole, natural foods, drink plenty of water, workout 3-5 times a week, and get your 8 hours of sleep, since your body repairs itself and grows while you're sleeping.

Good luck to you!! :smile:
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I am thinking of trying Herbalife. Has anyone tried it and gotten results? What is your opinion of it?

Well, there you have it, a decent sample of the Pros and the Cons for taking Herbalife. And I believe both sides made valid points. The only thing I would add is that replacing the shakes for the food should not be a long life habit, but short term. It's really just a numbers game, how many calories in a can of liquid verse how many calories in the food product. Would be interested in hearing your decision and the results after a time. Best to you on your decision.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

You know what else works for giving you energy to workout? Properly fueling your body with actual food.
  • michellerenee22
    Options
    Because you know that weekly I have my muscle mass and fat percentage measured, and you know that I have lost more fat than gained muscle? No you don't. Like your profile says, you are a grumpy old man. Have a great day! :)

you haven't gained muscle and lost weight. Not arguing here is good since you're so... incredibly... wrong.