Has anyone tried Herbalife? What is your opinion?

Options

Replies

• ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    You only gain the weight back if you were NOT to go back to healthy eating habits!! LOL!! I calorie count while doing Herbalife so that when I am done with Herbalife, I will remaining calorie counting. That simple! WOW

Sure..."that simple." And can you plese tell us just exactly how long you have successfully been in maintenance with or without Herbalife? I'd be REAL interested in hearing about that.
  • krystal0927
    Options
    Hey! About 6-7 years ago I used Herbalife and I lost about 70 pounds. However, after a while it felt like a diet. Guess what I gained it alllll back!...2 shakes a day plus one meal, yes offcourse you will loooose weight. This does not promote a lifestyle change, only temp for a period of time. Ive also tried Bernstein!, Silly me I gained it allll back. so Im talking from experience. nahhhhhh don't do it, just continue on MFP so you wont feel deprived. This site promotes a lifestyle change and a way to learn moderation!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Because you know that weekly I have my muscle mass and fat percentage measured, and you know that I have lost more fat than gained muscle? No you don't. Like your profile says, you are a grumpy old man. Have a great day! :)
    it's okay to be wrong... it reallllly is. You don't have to get all herbalmad about it. I realize we probably wrecked your sales pitch, I'd be upset too.

but here's a unicorn to make you feel better...
    unicorn.jpg

I'm not mad at you, just understand that you're not correct in your assumptions.

why? because science.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Because you know that weekly I have my muscle mass and fat percentage measured, and you know that I have lost more fat than gained muscle? No you don't. Like your profile says, you are a grumpy old man. Have a great day! :)

I am not saying the herbalife helped me gain muscle. I now have the energy and the desire to workout 5-6 days a week cardio and strength training. I only added in that I have gained muscle, since I haven't lost as many lbs as I have inches.

Im not going to sit here and argue with everyone all day. I just was letting the OP know that it works for me. Which is what she asked.
    you haven't gained muscle and lost weight. Not arguing here is good since you're so... incredibly... wrong.

No, it's just that you can't really gain measureable muscle mass in a caloric deficit.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

You need to eat at a calorie surplus and get at least .8 grams of protein per pound of lean body mass to gain any muscle while doing a progressive strength training program (lifting heavy *kitten*) and then it is incredibly difficult for a woman to do without supplements. Women just do not have the amount of testosterone necessary to put on muscle without specifically trying very hard to do so. No doubt it seems that you are gaining muscle because you are gaining strength, and reducing the fat will reveal the muscle.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options

I am not saying the herbalife helped me gain muscle. I now have the energy and the desire to workout 5-6 days a week cardio and strength training. I only added in that I have gained muscle, since I haven't lost as many lbs as I have inches.

Im not going to sit here and argue with everyone all day. I just was letting the OP know that it works for me. Which is what she asked.
    you haven't gained muscle and lost weight. Not arguing here is good since you're so... incredibly... wrong.

Absolutely absurd, even as a man, I'm not building muscle in a deficit. You can't honestly sit here and tell us you're building muscle while in a deficit, it's not happening, and if you continue to claim otherwise you're either delusional, or a liar. Since you're on here pushing snake oil it's probably a little of both.

Go push your garbage elsewhere.

Rigger
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

You need to eat at a calorie surplus and get at least .8 grams of protein per pound of lean body mass to gain any muscle while doing a progressive strength training program (lifting heavy *kitten*) and then it is incredibly difficult for a woman to do without supplements. Women just do not have the amount of testosterone necessary to put on muscle without specifically trying very hard to do so. No doubt it seems that you are gaining muscle because you are gaining strength, and reducing the fat will reveal the muscle.

Get out of here with your logic and facts. It's got no place in this thread. Hahahaha.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I like my money to stay in my wallet, and I like my calories to come from food.

Rigger

Yup. That is all.
  • deksgrl
    Options

Get out of here with your logic and facts. It's got no place in this thread. Hahahaha.

J-Law-Thats-Funny-GIF.gif
  • deksgrl
    Options
    LMAO. Because your logic of eating broccoli and pasta for every meal totally makes sense. Not arguing with you low lifes any more. Have a great life being miserable! Good luck to the OP whatever you choose to do to make yourself healthier, and I appreciate the people that actually know what they are talking about giving me correct info about muscle mass.

Uhm, what? Who does that?
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    LMAO. Because your logic of eating broccoli and pasta for every meal totally makes sense. Not arguing with you low lifes any more. Have a great life being miserable! Good luck to the OP whatever you choose to do to make yourself healthier, and I appreciate the people that actually know what they are talking about giving me correct info about muscle mass.

You mean this post, correct?
  • ali_b83
    ali_b83 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Trog inspired me with his unicorn, so here's a pony. Everything is better with a pony. Carry on.
    my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-watch-out-we-gotta-total-egghead-over-here.png
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Gotta love negative people!

Why are people negative? Is it just because they think eating healthy & exercising is a better option that shakes that empty your wallet and make false promises (Herbalife will TONE??? REALLY???)?

I must be one of the meanies then. There will be a related post. Wait for it. :noway:
  • deksgrl
    Options
    Trog inspired me with his unicorn, so here's a pony. Everything is better with a pony. Carry on.
    my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-watch-out-we-gotta-total-egghead-over-here.png

Science Cat likes Science Pony.

6ca67b8f-37dd-40ef-9feb-02bed851c09a.jpg?1311850236
  • Allup2Me78
    Allup2Me78 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Same here Chic. No need to argue. Everyone has to do what is best for them on their journey.

Ive only been doing it for 6 weeks. I have lost 6lbs and 7 inches, and gained muscle. How is it not working is the question?
    lol, no you haven't. you just...

no.
  • Just_Bella
    Options
    Waste of money and it's the lazy way out
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options

So we're all miserable low life's because we don't buy into your magic fat loss and toning potion, and your massive gains while in a deficit?

Epic fail, just epic.

Rigger
  • easjer
    easjer Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Others have already said it, but I'll add that a successful program will teach you how to balance your meals, what appropriate portions look like, how to effectively count calories/macronutrients. The problem with things like Herbalife (well, there are multiple, but the glaring one) is that it makes you reliant on the product without teaching you how to live life away from the product. Which, of course, is the goal - they are trying to make money, nothing wrong with that. But you can easily maintain a caloric deficit and learn about appropriate nutrition and make changes that last a lifetime and be more likely to keep the weight off. Relying on products to replace fast or convenience/processed foods is trading one bad habit for another, not overhauling your habits. Unless you intend to be on it for life, you are better off not going down that road to begin with.

Whole foods are simply better for you than processed foods and supplements.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Gotta love negative people!

Why are people negative? Is it just because they think eating healthy & exercising is a better option that shakes that empty your wallet and make false promises (Herbalife will TONE??? REALLY???)?

I must be one of the meanies then. There will be a related post. Wait for it. :noway:

Don't you know it's negative to step on someone's sales pitch for their MLM?

:laugh: :laugh:
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I'm using it simply for ease of meal prep. I work 72 hours a week and don't have time to plan out elaborate meal plans or batch cook, etc. I'd rather use my little bit of free time to workout! :)

I have a shake for breakfast with some fruit, a morning snack, a shake at lunch with at least 2 servings of veggies, an afternoon snack, dinner has sort of been a free for all for now but something healthy, and then sometimes a snack before bed if I feel that I need to. I get plenty of protein and fiber in a day and I'm losing, AND I'm not feeling hungry - which is the msot important part imo.

Of course you will have the people in here talking about how they "prefer to get their calories from food" and all that mess. Calories are calories, and as long as you are nourishing your body and not starving it, good on you I say. :flowerforyou: