Options
    neither, yuk, gross.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Tims coffee.
    tumblr_lt1qs8Aho51qfl54bo1_500.gif
    THIS!

I only go and get tea when it's roll up the rim, because, DUH!

Otherwise I love Starbucks! :love:
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I'm a Tim's fan boy and love the new K-Cups but my legendary failure rate at Roll Up The Rim is really starting to get to me.

They owe me a car damn it! :angry:

52-week-project-week-6-tim-hortons-roll-up-the-rim.jpg
    EVEN WITH THE DOUBLE ROLL UP! :grumble: :explode: :indifferent: :frown:
  • speedy740
    speedy740 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Can't wait till the "Tim Hortons" fad is out and everyone realizes shopping in a store carrying a Tim's cup spilling all over themselves isn't cool anymore *sigh????
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    Options
    Timmies.....I find Starbucks overpriced and pretentious, my 2nd choice would be Second Cup.
  • Tralee1111
    Tralee1111 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    Since we have no Timmy's in Florida, I have to go to Dunkin Donuts for my coffee. Starbucks coffee is too strong for my taste, but I do love their skinny lattes.

I LOVE Timmy's though, and go there every day when I visit family in Buffalo (I grew up there). Best coffee.
  • BootCamper10
    BootCamper10 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    large steeped tea, one cream one sugar
    large coffee one cream one sugar.
    I love my coffee and I love Timmies. :drinker:
  • Amestris
    Amestris Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of this place before.
  • lohpea
    lohpea Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm in Texas and never heard of Tim Horton's, sounds good, is it based in Canada?
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    I love my Timmies but I do have to admit, I prefer Starbucks. No Starbucks in my town, but we do boast a Tim's. As does every other town in Canada. :tongue:
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    From my house, I can easily walk to six Starbuck's and three Timmy's. But for just plain old black coffee, I like McDonald's coffee.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Three words about Tim Horton's; Worst. Donuts. Ever.
  • toronto_j
    toronto_j Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Tim's coffee and food (except for a few baked goods) are pretty terrible. Don't understand the popularity, like how people can eat/drink there every day. I walk past a few on my way to work, always a long line-up. I guess because it's cheap?

Also don't understand paying for tea.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I am amazed at the number of people I've seen lately say that they like McDonald's coffee. It truly is the worst coffee I've ever had. Every time I've had it, it's been burnt so badly that it was nearly impossible to drink. And that's at several different McDonald's. I'm always like, "it'll be fine here." Nope.

Oh, and Dunkin' Donuts, if there's one around and I was unable to fix coffee myself that morning - such as when I leave the gym and go directly to work.

sounds about right.

I don't support McDee's for a variety of reasons- but their coffee is pretty awful- but I don't like starbucks either.

I make my own most of the time- I do like Dunkin- and WaWa.
    I've never heard of Tim Horton's till today actually!
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Three words about Tim Horton's; Worst. Donuts. Ever.
    This is overstating quite a bit. I've had many donuts worse than theirs, some at chain shops, some "mom and pop". I think of theirs as average.

As to the coffee, it's OK. I like Caribou and Starbucks better but McDonald's and Dunkin Donuts less. However, I'm probably not comparing "apples to apples" since I take mine adulterated with cream and artificial sweetener and I know that's anathema to most coffee connoisseurs.
  • ashenriver
    ashenriver Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I cannot stand Tim Horton's coffee, I prefer McDonalds or sometimes go to Starbucks, the trick is to get the Blond Roast, the medium and dark are too bitter. Especially since I drink my coffee black.
    Unless you are getting a fancy drink Starbucks isn't expensive. Small black coffee from McDonalds $1.35, Starbucks, I honestly cant remember the cost, but I know its under $2.00.

In the West Coast of Canada there are not a lot of Tim Horton's, you are more likely to find Starbucks plus a variety of other chain coffee. My current town has 1 Timmies, 1 McDonalds (just along the highway) and about 5 independent coffee shops in town and this is with a town of 7000 people.

Starbucks also offers free refills for tea and coffee (same visit). And once you have had fresh donuts made from an actually bakery you cannot go back to Tim Horton's donuts. The timbuts are still great for bribing nieces and nephews though:wink:
  • ashenriver
    ashenriver Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I am amazed at the number of people I've seen lately say that they like McDonald's coffee. It truly is the worst coffee I've ever had. Every time I've had it, it's been burnt so badly that it was nearly impossible to drink. And that's at several different McDonald's. I'm always like, "it'll be fine here." Nope.

Oh, and Dunkin' Donuts, if there's one around and I was unable to fix coffee myself that morning - such as when I leave the gym and go directly to work.

sounds about right.

I don't support McDee's for a variety of reasons- but their coffee is pretty awful- but I don't like starbucks either.

McDonalds coffee used to be terrible until a few years ago when they revamped. Now its decent. I got a lady at work hooked on it since she hadn't had it about 15 years, she was die hard Timmies fan until then. It also depends on how strong you like it. I always find Dunkin Donuts to taste watered down until there is almost no flavor left.

Best coffee I have ever had was in Cuba.
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Toronti i-it's the way the boil the hot water FOR the tea that makes it. I bring mine from home. Purchased a the dollar store. $.01 a cup. I dislike Starbucks coffee it tastes burnt and don't care for their baked goods but they donated their day old to me to feed Hurricane Sandy victims Thanksgiving dinner. GO STARBUCKS!
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options

sounds about right.

McDonalds coffee used to be terrible until a few years ago when they revamped. Now its decent. I got a lady at work hooked on it since she hadn't had it about 15 years, she was die hard Timmies fan until then. It also depends on how strong you like it. I always find Dunkin Donuts to taste watered down until there is almost no flavor left.

Best coffee I have ever had was in Cuba.

Oh yes... the coffee in Cuba was so good! Definitely one of my best memories of vacationing there.

I think Canadian McDonald's has a different blend than the US, too. I swear the coffee I get across the border in WA isn't as good.
  • ghostsnstuff
    ghostsnstuff Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm in Toronto and Starbucks is the unpopular one. For a good reason, too.

I thought you said you worked at Starbucks, and that you're always busy...
    I do, and it seems that it's more of a status thing to get Starbucks. I hate the coffee, which is why I work here. I won't be tempted to drink stuff I hate. We are more busy than Tim's during rush hour but they get more customers during the day - should have clarified that. Sbux is pretty empty after 9, save lunch hour.