5ft6 ladies?

Options
1235»

Replies

• arubababy
    arubababy Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 6 and currently 148 pounds (UK Size 14) I ideally want to be 135 (UK size 10/12)
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6. Although I'm currently nearly 36 weeks pregnant, I was 154lbs and a US size 6/8. I weigh more than I look like I weigh. Ideally I'd be about 145lbs. Any less than that and I'd look too thin. I have an hourglass figure.
  • EreborsPrincess
    Options
    I'm 5' 5.5", but I can pass for 5' 6" if my hair is fluffy. :tongue:

Starting weight, prior to signing up for MFP, was 198, current weight is 186.8. Goal weight is 150. I'm broad-shouldered and was described as "strongly built" by one of my oncology nurses who took care of me a few years ago. She told me I'll never be tiny, which I already knew, but she also strongly encouraged me to lift weights.
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I'm right at 5'6" and have hovered around 150 for the last few months now. I haven't taken my measurements in quite a while, but I've been a size 2 for at least 5 months at this point.

The heaviest I ever got to was about 190 (size 12), toward the end of my pregnancy. I was around 120 just a few months ago before I started lifting and didn't look much different than I do now, just didn't have all that much definition. I'm happy with where I'm at for the most part, just need to trim up a bit more.

When I was 150 (about a decade ago :laugh: ) I was a size 10. The last time I was 180, I was a 14. From 230-260lbs I was/am a size 18. I think at 220 I might finally get into my 16 jeans. I find it really interesting to see the difference in build/body comp, and the impact it has on people at the same height. While I did always consider myself pudgy, I'm not sure how I'd feel about being 150 again if I kept the same body comp (not lifting, just losing fat). I am a little disappointed that a loss of 30lbs didn't result in a drop in pant side, though. :grumble:
  • souvenance3
    souvenance3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    5'6.5", 129 lbs. All the fat on my body is wrapped around my belly though (a bulge balancing on my hips), so I'm still looking to lose that :P.
  • Foulque
    Foulque Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 6"

Heaviest ever weight was 155, lowest ever weight (in adulthood obviously) was 119.

In this current round of weight loss I'm trying to get from 139 to maybe 123ish. But I'm not necessarily going to be holding out for that number on the scale, what I'm really looking for is something resembling the body I had when I was previously 123ish. Presently I'm doing some mild strength work which is something I've never really done at any weight in the past, so I'm not sure how the numbers on the scale are going to tie up to how I've known my body shape in the past. Body measurements are proving a more meaningful way of tracking my progress. I can say my waist is much smaller than it would normally be at my current weight. Still waiting for the old thighs and love handles to catch up...
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    At 180 I was curvy/chubby, but definitely not"fat" if you know what I mean. I was a size 12 and felt good about myself. I wore anything between a medium and an xl depending on the store, but there were no "specialty stores". I had been 260 before losing 80 pounds, so 180 felt great.

I regained after I started college, and am now starting again at 280 (vomit.) My goal is between 130-140, but it will really depend on what happens after I start maintaining to tone/build muscle.
  • jenny3008
    jenny3008 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'62 and around 85kg which I think is some where around the 190lbs mark

I'm looking to get down to in the region of 65kg but to be honest what I really want is to be able to jump up and down and for all of me to stop moving at the same time.

I've just taken up weights in the last few months and having noticed already a drop in inches for next to no weight loss I'm not aiming for a weight so much now as a look