Biggest Loser 10 Talk

Replies

• lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    gillain, from what I saw on the show at the end, of the up and coming events, looks like its going to get messy....lots of drama, fights at kitchen table, people blowing up at Jillan, people blowing up at each other, etc.......

Guess its all about ratings, the drama, the fights, etc...........

BUT..........the best part is knowing that people are getting healthier and that they are getting some really excellent professional assistance in this change

Im not too much into reality TV, but seeing just the few that I did last nite, Im really rooting for them

SPO472, .............lol, youre so correct in your post

I have a saying that I live by.......

"You will never ever be successful by playing the victim"

What choices I have made in the past are MINE, no one forced me to eat what I ate, and now I am dealing with the consequences........ Congratulations in your weight loss, keep it up . One of the most important reasons for my life style change is my health......I was misreable and getting depressed about the choices that I made, which led me to this very very dark place in my life........Ill never go back to that place....ever

Good luck to everyone and thanks for all the support you guys offer........Lloyd
  • SP0472
    SP0472 Posts: 193 Member
    I think all the drama stems from being in that kind of environment. It's A LOT of change all at once. I have the luxury of building up my exercise and cutting back my calories slowly - they don't. I think I'd have drama too if tomorrow I had to eat only 1200 calories AND excercise for 6 hours. Let me tell you..some fists would be flying! LOL!
  • I want to see it but it can only be viewed on NBC site in the USA. Looks like I will have to wait until next year when it will be shown in the UK. I'm still watching season 9 here so no mention of who won it please
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    I want to see it but it can only be viewed on NBC site in the USA. Looks like I will have to wait until next year when it will be shown in the UK. I'm still watching season 9 here so no mention of who won it please

you can catch it online at hulu.com next week.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    I was kinda ashamed to watch in the past, I had my head in the sand ,and changing channels, Id see it with the numbers, i.e, the weigh ins and feel so much guilt, Id keep changing the channels , and of course feel lots of guilt

I watched it for the first time this year, and wow, what an incredible show

I will say this, and again, Im ONLY speaking for myself, but when they showed that poor girl, the one who had a brother , who was an Emergency Technician fellow( he was photos sitting on a table with a fire mans hat in his lap) that died 5 days after he wasnt picked fror the show in his sleeep, I gotta tell you , that was incentive enough for me to do something about my lifestyle.......

See, I learn from others, and when I saw that one guy talk about finding his mom deceased, when I saw that one girl remembering her brother who died in his sleep, when I saw that one boy talk about his mom and how obese, or the girl whos daughter had not eaten or drank fluids because she was so scared she would end up like her mom..........well

Thats all the inspiration I need to get outta bed at 4: 30 , to be at the gym at 5: 30.....I know I was capable of having a heart attack or getting diabetes. So, when I do get a little burnt out on this life change, and doing with out some some of the foods I had to give up, I just will always , always think of those poor guys on Biggest Loser and remember the pain in their lives that they have had to experience and KEEP GOING AND STAYING FOCUSED...........Im staying focused.............Good Luck, Lloyd
    I agree. I don't know why so many people don't make the connection. Why they keep hitting snooze on that wake up call that says to get it together. This morning two of my coworkers lost their father in-laws YESTERDAY from Cancer. Really, the changes are in our hands.
  • Julbella78
    Julbella78 Posts: 161 Member
    I too am excited to watch it. It really provides me with motivation to get up and move. The stories last night just broke my heart. I cried most of the episode because all I could think is that could be me. Fears of leaving my daughter alone because of something so preventable eat away at me. I have to do something and this show is very inspiring.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    EDORICE, how sad for your co workers and their loss. Its sad. Death doesnt take a holiday for people who are thinking about doing a diet or losing weight

Death is there, Obesity kills over 112, 000 people a year, and sadly, 50, 000 young adults........

I got it........really, I GOT IT..............

I was going to die, literally DIE

No ands ifs or buts....., for me, I had to lose at least 120 lbs to get in the range, and I got it....I got that I was putting one foot in the grave because of my choices......I was killing myself with food. How sad........It would be horrible to be told that I had cancer, or that I was in a car wreck, things like that , we cant control, but I was in control, and I was out of control at the same time......really really sad

Thanks, add me as your friend too Edorice, we can support each other as well as all these great people here......Lloyd
  • With the people that didn't "win", I knew they were still going to be on the show but as a separate team like how the Biggest Loser usually does it =)

Oh man, I hope they ALL get to come but in the form of a separate team, that would be a great gimmick. I didn't know if maybe only two were going to get to come because there was no yellow team and the preview showed two yellow players walking in. But I hope you're right and it's ALL of them!
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    I think I'd have drama too if tomorrow I had to eat only 1200 calories AND excercise for 6 hours. Let me tell you..some fists would be flying! LOL!
    I hear that, I don't think people would like me very much!
  • Trust me, don't give up on the show! If you hang in there, the show becomes more about motivation than depression. That said, I made it thru the first hour last night then fast-forwarded (had it on DVR) thru most of the next hour. It truly was emotionally draining. As the weeks pass and you watch the contestants during their work-outs and challenges it will give you a true kick in the butt. Last season was my first watching it, and I can't say enough how much it has helped me to know I am not the only obese person around.....and to see other people my size climbing and running and swimming. Stick with the show, at least until they are well into their 'routine', and then decide. (But you'll probably still cry at each episode -- I do!)
  • I usually stop watching the show once people start playing the game. I hate when it goes down that path which it always does... Sadly it gets to that point sooner and sooner each season.
  • SP0472
    I totally came to the realization that I chose to eat what I eat and I chose to not work out and not move so I cant sit and complain about it unless I am willing to get up and do something about it. Last nights episode kinda made that click in me.

EXACTLY! I got to 340lbs all on my own. Nobody forced me to eat that whole medium sized Pizza Hut Supreme pizza in one sitting and wash it down with 2L of pop. That choice was mine.

I came across a quote from Lao Tzu that I love - "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."

Yeah I mean I hit 320+ not because I was unlucky but because when I got out of the army I stopped moving well stopped moving everything but my mouth...... I say plus because my scale only went up to 320.
  • fit2sit
    fit2sit Posts: 82 Member
    With the people that didn't "win", I knew they were still going to be on the show but as a separate team like how the Biggest Loser usually does it =)

Oh man, I hope they ALL get to come but in the form of a separate team, that would be a great gimmick. I didn't know if maybe only two were going to get to come because there was no yellow team and the preview showed two yellow players walking in. But I hope you're right and it's ALL of them!

WHen I finally got to the end as was watching the mini clips of the season I heard Jillian say something along the lines of adding more competetors, about 700 pounds worth. Some of the people that didn't make it were over 400#, and nobody seemed to be under 220. I think they'll add either 2 or 3 of the people that didn't make it to go to the ranch instead of all the people that failed.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Unfortunately, I only got to see part of the show :( I will check out hula next week as suggested! (can't remember by who, sorry!)

I did celebrate the start of BL10 by doing day 1 of Jillian's 30 Day Shred yesterday! I'll be skipping today though.

The stories did seem pretty extreme this year, not many 'regular' folks it seemed like.
  • SouthernBell86
    SouthernBell86 Posts: 275 Member
    You know, watching the season premier just kind of reminded me of part of the reason I started MFP and getting serious about getting my health back once and for all.

I just realized that if I didn't change what I was doing, pretty soon I would be so big that I might have to consider doing something humiliating like going on Biggest Loser...except I never would and I mean, does that mean I just have to be fat forever?

So I just buckled down in July and since then I've been exercising and eating healthy food in smaller amounts, and losing weight and inches.

So, yeah the show is inspirational because of how much I would never want to have to do something like that.
  • I want to see it but it can only be viewed on NBC site in the USA. Looks like I will have to wait until next year when it will be shown in the UK. I'm still watching season 9 here so no mention of who won it please

you can catch it online at hulu.com next week.

Thanks for this I will look out for it
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    I usually stop watching the show once people start playing the game. I hate when it goes down that path which it always does... Sadly it gets to that point sooner and sooner each season.
    That's because it is a game. It's a reality TV show. As much as people are in it for help to get healthy, it is still a game...on TV...where $250,000 can be won... so I don't understand why people get so upset when people are 'playing the game'.
  • I usually stop watching the show once people start playing the game. I hate when it goes down that path which it always does... Sadly it gets to that point sooner and sooner each season.
    That's because it is a game. It's a reality TV show. As much as people are in it for help to get healthy, it is still a game...on TV...where $250,000 can be won... so I don't understand why people get so upset when people are 'playing the game'.

Not to mention, a lot of it is put on by the producers. While the focus of the show on the ranch is fitness, unfortunately it's still a reality TV show so the REAL focus is on ratings. Even if no one "played the game", I'm sure at some point the producers would find a way to push some of it in, or edit it to make sure it looked that way. It's frustrating for sure, but I just kind of keep in mind that it's mostly an outside factor injected by the producers and watch for the motivation.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    With the people that didn't "win", I knew they were still going to be on the show but as a separate team like how the Biggest Loser usually does it =)

I saw Jillian and Bob telling the ones who didn't make it to work hard, so I bet they'll have a weigh-in and/or another challenge to see who gets to be the yellow time.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Every season there are certain moments where the people I can relate to most just make me cry my head off. Like last season, when Darius did the weigh in in the auditorium, he breaks down when he says "I'll come back here, and I'll make you proud"...something in his voice, I think it sounds like shame, which I can 100% identify with unfortunately, just kills me. And during this season's first episode, when the one girl, Sophia, got up and broke down when she announced her starting weight as 272. Same thing...she sounds so ashamed. I can easily identify with what she's feeling.
This discussion has been closed.