Biggest Loser 10 Talk

Options

Replies

• SP0472
    SP0472 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I think both Frado and Brendan threw the weigh in. Frado couldve put up double digits. I really wish Anna knew enough about them to split them up but then I think if she did, Adam would be an easier target. This way if he's on the Blue Team they can't vote him off and they were both itching to do that.

Is it just me or does it seem that a majority from this group of contestants really don't care about losing weight as much as they care about winning the money????

Last year it seemed like only the Red Team (Melissa&Lance) were in it only for the money. This year it seems that most everyone has that attitude. I would give so much for that opportunity - it would be so life changing to be secluded on a ranch and the only thing you have to focus on is your health. No bills, no family, no work...just you. I'd go even if there wasn't a $250K prize up for grabs.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I would give so much for that opportunity - it would be so life changing to be secluded on a ranch and the only thing you have to focus on is your health. No bills, no family, no work...just you. I'd go even if there wasn't a $250K prize up for grabs.

Me too! I'd love that!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Yeah Anna I guess didn't know enough to ask about alliances...Ada could have told her to keep those boys split up! The girls will definitely be out 1-2-3 unless Blue Team surprises us all. At least they have Aaron...I feel like he is really about to start hitting huge numbers.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Brendan totally threw that weigh in. Did I already mention that I don't like him. I don't.
    You're right, Anna should have done more intel. I was shocked to see Rick go. But so PROUD of his results. And he fit into his letterman's jacket. AWESOME.
  • edorice
    Options
    Is it just me or does it seem that a majority from this group of contestants really don't care about losing weight as much as they care about winning the money????

Last year it seemed like only the Red Team (Melissa&Lance) were in it only for the money. This year it seems that most everyone has that attitude. I would give so much for that opportunity - it would be so life changing to be secluded on a ranch and the only thing you have to focus on is your health. No bills, no family, no work...just you. I'd go even if there wasn't a $250K prize up for grabs.

It seems like maybe half of the contestants are just in this for the money. But I'm rooting for the people that need to do this for their kids and for their self esteem. I can't really fault the people that are in it for the money though, this is a tough economy. I wonder how many people didn't have to walk away from jobs to get on the show. Maybe they weren't working at the time and this would be a great boost for them.
  • MTDork87
    MTDork87 Posts: 205
    Options
    I did NOT see that coming. But, like edorice said., his update was so wonderful, it's hard to feel too bad for him. I think the Blue team could surprise us and win some serious weigh ins. It's hard because I like the blue team more so I want them to win but I would hate to see the girls get kicked off because the black team is so alliance-heavy. I hope something happens and that alliance magically disappears somehow next week.

The show is definitely interesting, I just wish there was more about the challenges and less about the weigh-in politics. I know, it'll never happen but a girl can dream, can't she? Like that food challenge they did - they quickly showed the correct answers and didn't explain anything about them. Anyone know how that fruit thing can be more calories than those crab cakes? I guess maybe if it was canned / caramelized fruit and they made the crab cakes without any sort of creamy sauce?

Grr. It's annoying when the contestants seem to only care about the money. It's more annoying when the show itself seems to.
  • Shayberz
    Options
    I love this show!! :)
    It really helps me think bout my week and my foods as well! :)

I just wish I could have Bob and Jillian as my trainer!! LOL
  • Shayberz
    Options
    I like Ada too.

I hate the elimination. I hate all the dramatic crying. I know it must be emotional being there, but come on already. You're voting them off a show, not sending them to the electric chair.

I liked Ada at first but she gives me the vibe that she's really not happy to be there she doesn't show it or anything?
  • edorice
    Options
    The show is definitely interesting, I just wish there was more about the challenges and less about the weigh-in politics. I know, it'll never happen but a girl can dream, can't she? Like that food challenge they did - they quickly showed the correct answers and didn't explain anything about them. Anyone know how that fruit thing can be more calories than those crab cakes? I guess maybe if it was canned / caramelized fruit and they made the crab cakes without any sort of creamy sauce?

Most of those food challenges went over my head. We even have TIVO and reviewed some of it. It was too annoying. Breaking down the ingredients and listing them was helpful, but it was mostly annoying. I hope the black team alliances get broken up a bit as well. Brendan is too cocky and hasn't dropped big numbers for a guy.
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    YAY! So glad I found this thread!

I really love Ada. And I was disappointed from the first episode that Anna didn't get on the show so I am thrilled that she is now apart of the team.

But by team I don't mean Black Team. I mean the "BrenAdoick" Team. Those girls don't have a chance. That team is going to self destruct which is such a shame since I really love the girls over there. I thought I would really enjoy the fact that it wasn't couples this season since last year it really seemed to turn into all about the game and who was related to who or had alliances with who. Yet its just as bad if not worse!!

Plus, like someone else said...I really feel like if I had a chance to go to the ranch and not worry about bills or my house or anything for any amount of time and be with Bob and Jillian...Really? This is NOT how I would treat the situation. I would be in awe...and respect.

So there are my two cents...really excited for this Tuesday's episode now that its obvious that the black team's men are game players...
  • shinybonnie
    Options
    So does anyone else think the black team really over-thought their choice to send Rick home? He was definitely NOT the weakest link on the team and really could have helped the team in future challenges and weigh-ins (compared to Elizabeth? come on!). They said they did it because they knew they were getting Patrick and Patrick would never vote off Rick. I think they were thinking too far ahead. Anything can change in a week or two. I guess they wanted to save Elizabeth and Anna to vote off next time they get a chance. Those girls better wake up! There is one other person on the Black team (can't remember who it was) that the girls really need to ally with and bust up that happy 3-some! Anyone else agree?
  • shinybonnie
    Options

SPOILER ALERT!!!

Can anyone tell me what happened on TBL tonight? I saw all the way up to where Jessica only lost 4 pounds, so I know which team lost the weigh-in, but I don't know who they voted off. Thanks!
  • SP0472
    Options

SPOILER ALERT!!!

Can anyone tell me what happened on TBL tonight? I saw all the way up to where Jessica only lost 4 pounds, so I know which team lost the weigh-in, but I don't know who they voted off. Thanks!

Blue team gave equal votes to Adam & Jessica so the Black team decided who got voted off and of course they chose Adam.

Adam did REALLY well at home - I'm happy about that but now the blue team is so much weaker. The shouldve a decided to vote off Jessica now - there would've been other chances to vote off Adam once they're no longer in teams. They gave the black team a huge advantage now.

Was anyone else really annoyed by Anna's attitude when the did the little interview when they were deciding the fate if the blue team. I'm really hoping she's the next to go just for that. She was gloating so much and there was mo need for it considering she only lost 3lbs and if her team lost she knew she was a goner!

I knew the blue team made 2 mistakes last night - not picking Anna to represent the black team and letting Jessica represent their team. Sometimes they're just too nice.
  • edorice
    Options
    Yeah, Adam shouldn't have gotten voted off. It should have been Jessica for her low weigh in.

I was annoyed by Anna's gloating as well. I've been rooting for her and I felt that Elizabeth is the weakest link and should be voted off. I know the black team has no love for Anna and that really has to be hard on her, but the gloating had to go.

It was a cool show last night overall. I'm looking forward to next weeks show with the Marines.
  • shinybonnie
    Options
    Man, I wish I hadn't missed it! I like the blue team for their lack of "game-playing," but I'm wondering if their lack of game play is actually lack of brains. I have no idea why they chose Elizabeth to represent the black team. Allowing Jessica to rep the blue team was not a stupid move - all of them worked really hard and she could just as easily have pulled a big number. So I don't fault them for that. But choose Elizabeth to rep black was downright dumb! Anyone could see that she had worked her BUTT off all week; they should have chosen Anna. And then to split their votes between Adam and Jessica?? Oh man! Adam had that 4-pound advantage that could have really helped the whole team next week! Plus, the females this season have shown they can't pull big numbers (excluding Ada and Lisa), Jessica was a far weaker team mate than Adam. I can't believe the Blue team would be so stupid to split their votes that way. Augh!
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    Yeah, Adam shouldn't have gotten voted off. It should have been Jessica for her low weigh in.

I was annoyed by Anna's gloating as well. I've been rooting for her and I felt that Elizabeth is the weakest link and should be voted off. I know the black team has no love for Anna and that really has to be hard on her, but the gloating had to go.

It was a cool show last night overall. I'm looking forward to next weeks show with the Marines.

Its a hard decision to make, but voting off Adam was smart in my opinion. Sooner or later, you are going to have to face Adam and he has the will power (plus lb rewards)
  • edorice
    Options
    Man, I wish I hadn't missed it! I like the blue team for their lack of "game-playing," but I'm wondering if their lack of game play is actually lack of brains.

Don't get me wrong, but I told my husband last night that the Blue Team reminds me of the Democrats.
  • SP0472
    Options
    Its a hard decision to make, but voting off Adam was smart in my opinion. Sooner or later, you are going to have to face Adam and he has the will power (plus lb rewards)

True. But I think the blue team shouldve waited - I think they'll really be in trouble without him. There are too few people putting up bigger numbers on that team. I think they'll be hard pressed to beat the black team in the weeks to come. He was a definite threat and those added pounds lost advantage is really what did him in - you could hear the animosity in Frado's voice when he was talking about it.

He was my favorite on the show - so I'm a bit miffed that he's not there anymore. As it stands right now, there doesn't seem to be anyone really worthwhile to root for.
  • dresdenkali
    Options
    I am having a hard time watching the show. With the black team (AKA Brendon and Frado) it just hits me that there is too much focus on the money. Its too much about "Whats good for TV" and some focus on the actual way to lose weight. Some of the tips and information given is very helpful. I dont fault people that like it, it just seems far to political... lol.
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    I cannot take anymore of Jillians "You have personal issues feed them to me" bull**** anymore. It is starting to turn into Oprah with the way she acts like a psychologist.