Rant - Stupid annoying things bad drivers do

Options
124»

Replies

• Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Being in a hurry. This is a big one ... BMW and pickup truck drivers. AssWipes.

Not being aware of pedestrians ... I get close to being run over every time I go out and walk. I am just very very careful at intersections now.

Texting .. like sorry people that text message is not worth dying over .. or killing an innocent person.

Cellular use in a car .. unless you are the passenger, this is not safe. Bluetooth or not .. sorry not safe. Humans cannot drive and talk. One always is lacking .. and that is always the driving part.

Stopping at red lights when making a right turn ... sorry it is red, red means stop. See pedestrian thing above.
  • firefoxxie
    firefoxxie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    What gets me the worst is when I'm already going above the speed limit and some hot shot rides up my tail urging me to increase my speed.

People who do this make me so mad! I usually just slow way down to annoy them

^^^Bingo!
    I try to be more evil. If they try and pass me I will speed up enough that I will be head to head with the car in the next lane over. This forces the car trying to pass me to slow down. bwahaha
  • Nicholec2003
    Nicholec2003 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    When there is miles and miles of empty highway both in front of me, in back of me, and in the passing lane next to me, yet somebody seems to feel the need to be in the exact same space I am in at the moment I am in it.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Texting idiots who do it while driving. They need to face the same penalties as a DUI (but the cop dashcam / sidecam really does need to catch them on video and have proof).
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Being in a hurry. This is a big one ... BMW and pickup truck drivers. AssWipes.

Not being aware of pedestrians ... I get close to being run over every time I go out and walk. I am just very very careful at intersections now.

Texting .. like sorry people that text message is not worth dying over .. or killing an innocent person.

Cellular use in a car .. unless you are the passenger, this is not safe. Bluetooth or not .. sorry not safe. Humans cannot drive and talk. One always is lacking .. and that is always the driving part.

Stopping at red lights when making a right turn ... sorry it is red, red means stop. See pedestrian thing above.

+1 on the pedestrian things.
  • bf43005
    bf43005 Posts: 287
    Options
    I waited in front of a stopped bus this morning for what felt like an eternity but in reality I'm sure was five minutes. BUT what got me is the bus sat with it's red lights flashing (so you can't pass) while the Mom put her kids in the car, started the car and drove the 100 feet to the end of the road so the kids didn't have to walk. And then had to kiss each one goodbye. You couldn't have started that little routine 10 minutes earlier so we all could get on with our days. It doesn't sound like much but five minutes can mean the difference between a quick commute and getting stuck in traffic.
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    People who don't know how to:
    Use turn signals, for turning or changing lanes.
    YIELD
    Give themselves more than 5 seconds to cross 5 lanes in order to exit the highway.
    Follow the lane closure signs and merge more than 20 ft before the lane ends.
    Let people on/off the highway onramp.
    Travel at an appropriate speed when getting on/off the highway.
    Give cyclist enough room, especially when there are two lanes.
    Stop short of the pedestrian walk lane so that people can actually cross without walking into oncoming traffic.
    Pay attention!

But my biggest peeve is bad parkers. "Compact car only" is not an invitation for SUVs, full-sized jeeps, or pickup trucks.
    Also, taking up accessible parking spaces or the loading aisle is terrible.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    I also hate it when I'm just standing there and they want me to cross .-.

JUST BECAUSE I AM THERE DOES NOT MEAN I WANT TO CROSS!!!!
  • SillaWinchester
    SillaWinchester Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    What gets me the worst is when I'm already going above the speed limit and some hot shot rides up my tail urging me to increase my speed.

That is all everyone does in my town! I cringe every time.
  • Rixx31
    Rixx31 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Drivers who slow way down just to gawk at either an accident or a cop that's pulled someone over on the freeway.

Texting while driving. Seriously. Pull over, leave your phone alone, take the bus, or use it as a suppository.

People who don't understand that Passing lanes are for passing.

People who can't park between clearly drawn lines when their car is about 2 - 3 feet narrower than the parking space.

Also, when you put your turn signal on to switch lanes, why do some knob heads take that as a signal to prevent your move?
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    People are always in a hurry. Why??

I just don't like to go 10 under the speed limit!!
  • AwesomeGuy37
    AwesomeGuy37 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    People are always in a hurry. Why??

This. Slow down. You probably aren't going anywhere important. This goes double in afternoon "rush hour." You're already off work dummy. Mellow out.

Where I live people like to ride you a**, swerve around you, and pull into McDonalds. I drive about 5mph over the speed limit but it don't help.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    People who honk at me after I cut them off by turning left from the right lane with no signal through a red light. How rude!
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Quit texting at a stop light. When the light turns green - GO - don't wait for us all to honk.

Oh - and thanks for the super friendly wave. How did you lose the other 3 fingers? Texting accident?

kchug8.jpg

I have a friend who is a firefighter and am often retelling a true fact he told me - that the majority of the time when they attend vehicle crash scenes these days, they find a cell phone in the driver's footwell.

But aside from people using their phone while driving, drivers who tailgate or don't use indicators grind my gears big time.
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Texting while driving. Seriously. Pull over, leave your phone alone, take the bus, or use it as a suppository.

:laugh: :laugh:
  • stephsmom93
    stephsmom93 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    People who speed through school zones.
    People who pull out in front of you while your cruising along and there was no one behind you...could they not wait a minute...or maybe I had my invisible shield up and they didn't notice I was right on top of them. Oops. My bad. :devil:

True story though...every day my husband would tell me about this girl he sees on the highway every day with a newspaper opened across her steering wheel and sometimes she's drinking coffee, or talking on her cell phone as well. I didn't believe him until one day I had to ride to work with him and he points her out as we come up along side of her. Sure enough there is the newspaper spread out covering the steering wheel. When my gaze goes to her face...I see she's putting on mascara too! We were going at least 60! Now that girl is not only crazy but she got herself some skills!
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    People watching TV on the phones while driving. I have a full size crew cab 4x4 truck so I sit higher and can see into many vehicles...I see this more often than you can imagine. They drive like a drunk.