• PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :sad:
    *crumples up love note*
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    Speaking of honestly, I wouldn't either with the exception of one person (my ex). He is a big (like 6'4" pushing 400lbs big) snuggly tattooed Mexican with the most attractive mind ever.

Oh, back the the honesty part...the sex isn't as fun and gets boring with someone who is very overweight (hence me trying to lose it). He couldn't get position crazy, or go a long time without being tired. Also, it's just not visually appealing. Fat is not attractive to me so it's very understandable how others, male and female alike, could feel the same.

Then again, when you mentally click with someone like you're sharing a brain, it's hard to let that go due to poor humping. *sigh*
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options
    Depends, does date include dinner?
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    Oh, and at this point in my life, it would be helpful to be with someone who had a fitness based (but still sick, witty, twisted, and perverted) mentality. When I'm with someone who shares the same bad habits, it's hard for me to stay on track. My fault really though.
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    Depends, does date include dinner?
    And more importantly, who's paying for it all?
  • Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    I am overweight so of course I would date overweight ;)
  • Menix8
    Menix8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    SO for those of you saying that you would not..... what about if they were skinny to start off with .... you married or got very serious (for years) and they put on a lot of weight? You going to dump or divorce cause of that?

I hope not cause that makes you shallow....very shallow. So shallow I hope you gain all your weight back & never get anyone again.

Seriously, straw man much? The word "dating" implies beginning a relationship. The question wasn't "would you leave your SO for being overweight"
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    I suppose it depends on the amount of overweightness. What's overweight to me may not be to someone else. If it affects aspects of the relationship, it's an issue for me now.
  • moraiwebird
    moraiwebird Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    To a point, yes. Overweight, sure. Obese, maybe not.

What really convinced me to lose the weight in the first place was I hit a point where I wouldn't have dated me if I had the choice, so there's that.
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    To a point, yes. Overweight, sure. Obese, maybe not.

What really convinced me to lose the weight in the first place was I hit a point where I wouldn't have dated me if I had the choice, so there's that.
    One of my thought processes as well. I figure if I'm like "eww", then others probably are too.
  • lessbounce
    lessbounce Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Yes, I prefer my blokes and ladies with a bit a meat on them :tongue:

My husband however was chronically underweight when I met him...... Didn't stop it being love at first sight :heart:
  • nyboer
    nyboer Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    My hubby's overweight...does that count?
  • Left4Good
    Left4Good Posts: 304
    Options
    Yep, even obese because i don't give a **** about someones weight or looks if i love them.
  • cHaRlIe0411
    cHaRlIe0411 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I have dated a very overweight guy before. But I would not do it again. His lifestyle and diet kind of grossed me out. The guy never wanted to go outside and do things!
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Well... yeah. I'm overweight (technically obese), so I would be a hypocrite if I said I wouldn't.
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Yup. I would.

Firstly, in a manner of personal preference, I would prefer someone slightly overweight to someone underweight (and that's just what I'm attracted to, not commenting on body image in general!)

Also, I am on a weight loss journey myself, and I know that it doesn't happen overnight, as well as many other contributing factors. I feel like I would be a hypocrite not to consider someone I otherwise liked just because they were overweight.

Also, I don't mind when someone is a little cuddly! :)
  • islander_2013
    islander_2013 Posts: 13,378 Member
    Options
    yes
  • kittyd7015
    kittyd7015 Posts: 4,546 Member
    Options
    I use to but Im not sure I would now. but thats a bit hypocriticil of me lol xxx
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    yap. thats not what i look for in someone
  • alaynavee
    alaynavee Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Overweight, yes, because most guys around my age are carrying a Molson muscle (Canadian thing :drinker: ). But obese? No, not likely, because I have always been attracted to guys who are at least a little active, like play on a beer league in the winter or kick a ball around in the summer.