Would you date someone overweight?

Options
lj5109
lj5109 Posts: 81 Member
Would you date someone overweight? Why or why not?

Replies

• Sarahs2576
    Sarahs2576 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I'd much rather date someone that makes me laugh and treats me with respect who has a some extra pounds on him than someone who is super fit but treats me poorly.
  • BurnBabyyyBurn
    Options
    I'd much rather date someone that makes me laugh and treats me with respect who has a some extra pounds on him than someone who is super fit but treats me poorly.

This! However, my lifestyle might interfere with his. Like if he always wants to go out to eat at unhealthy places and isn't supportive of my goals...then I don't think we could get along very well. If he's sweet, caring, supportive... *sigh* send him my way!! LOL
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    yes , I have and would again
  • the_dude00
    the_dude00 Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    No.... I lead a active lifestyle and we probably wouldn't have anything in common
  • lj5109
    Options

This! However, my lifestyle might interfere with his. Like if he always wants to go out to eat at unhealthy places and isn't supportive of my goals...then I don't think we could get along very well. If he's sweet, caring, supportive... *sigh* send him my way!! LOL

Does he have a brother?! Haha I feel like guys like that are so hard to find, especially in college!
  • SrJoben
    SrJoben Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    No.... I lead a active lifestyle and we probably wouldn't have anything in common

I didn't know people really used the phrase 'active lifestyle' outside of hair replacement commercials.
  • lj5109
    Options

I've heard this from multiple guys and I always feel really conflicted. I'm a bigger girl but I live a very active lifestyle..
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I never did and I don't think I would. I just find it really unattractive. It's not a judgement thing; I'm just not attracted to overweight guys. This doesn't mean that I couldn't love someone overweight. It would be different if something happened and my husband gained weight.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I have dated guys who were overweight. When I met my hubby, he had a little chub on him. Didn't stop me from jumping his bones. lol
  • kristarablue2
    kristarablue2 Posts: 386 Member
    Options

Interesting assumption to make...totally within your right of course....just very close minded and often untrue...but to each their own

For me absolutely, I am much more concerned about emotional and intellectual connection as well as their kindness and respect for others than their weight
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options

lol yea because overweight/fat people cannot be active ....how silly
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    My SO is overweight and very sedentary. I love him and he love me.
  • lj5109
    Options
    I never did and I don't think I would. I just find it really unattractive. It's not a judgement thing; I'm just not attracted to overweight guys. This doesn't mean that I couldn't love someone overweight. It would be different if something happened and my husband gained weight.

I don't necessarily find it unattractive, but I am certainly more attracted to other body types. Personally, I like guys that are really well built, strong/muscular and that maybe have a little bit of chub--like thick guys lol.
  • raven_ous
    raven_ous Posts: 223
    Options
    Well I am spoken for but in theory yeah why not?There are plenty of attractive people who are or considered overweight and unless you are aware of their history or what they are currently doing they maybe in the process of losing the weight.

You are either attracted to a person or not. Aesthetics obviously play a major role, but people often find themselves attracted to others who they never considered "their type" Have been pleasantly surprised by what lies beneath the exterior on some people and other times disgusted.
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    It's all i have dated up until recently.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Yep, even married one.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

Just because someone is overweight doesn't mean they don't live an active lifestyle.

What a ridiculous statement and assumption to make.
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I just find it really unattractive. It's not a judgement thing.

You do realise those statements are totally incompatible, right? Finding overweight people unattractive couldn't be more of a judgement thing. I mean what else could it possibly be?
    No.... I lead a active lifestyle and we probably wouldn't have anything in common.

Fat =/= inactive. I know lots of overweight or fat people who are very active. Certainly more active than many of the skinny people I know.

To answer the OP, yes I have and yes I would.
    Yep, even married one.

Me too!
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options

How YOU doin?? :bigsmile:

As to the question....it's not the weight that is the deciding factor for me. I want someone who cares about their health and stays fit. I'm not the guy that's going to have a six-pack and 10% body fat so I don't expect it of my wife/girlfriend either. But I want someone who is willing to be active, help me set a good example for my kids and if she's willing to go to Crossfit with me.....:love:
  • Amandawith3kids
    Amandawith3kids Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    i've dated them. my hubby though is very trim. i like a man who can keep up with me. LOL

he's 6'2", 170 pounds, and LEAN. there is like no fat on him. i'm a lucky lucky girl. he's also all kinds of awesome, and soo funny. :)