Would you date someone overweight?

Options

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I never did and I don't think I would. I just find it really unattractive. It's not a judgement thing; I'm just not attracted to overweight guys. This doesn't mean that I couldn't love someone overweight. It would be different if something happened and my husband gained weight.

this. I am completely turned off by extreme weight- in either direction. I have a range I'm willing to date- and the last two guys I dated were definitely not fit- and carrying some extra pounds- and I told them both if they got really fat we were going to have issues. (both of their fathers are overweight)

I don't mind some shifting- no one is perfect and I do no expect them to maintain my diligence or attention to detail- but outside of the sexual attraction (which is super important) I run about 90 miles an hour in my life- I have no time for someone who is a full time couch potato. I got things to do and the way I live- over weight isn't going to cut it.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    i'm more of an eyes and smile person so yes i could.

but it would help a lot if they were not a complete stranger to fitness and at least attempting to eat well

as a side topic: i seem to see a lot more relatively in shape women with overweight men then i do the oppostie, whats up with that?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I'm just interested to see if some of these guys saying no drop their girl as soon as she gets preggers lol. Because she's going to become overweight (some might have complications and become downright obese) and it has nothing to do with losing touch with herself or her health.

I would definitely drop mine if she gots preggers, but more because of the fact that she is having a screaming, pooping sex trophy, not the weight.

HA HA HA HA HA- yeah- babies are a deal breaker too.
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    Where I live, there isn't much choice. :sad:
  • Jenjenthejetplane1
    Jenjenthejetplane1 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    If they had a wonderful personality sure why not? I'd take that over a "fit" jerk any day. But I would love for them to want to workout with me and not hate me if I cooked a healthy meal haha :)
  • Jaxsonjess
    Jaxsonjess Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Sure!!!!
  • antizoni1
    antizoni1 Posts: 334
    Options
    Yes I would, your inner beauty is what matters most
  • Llorraine11
    Llorraine11 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    omg i hate saying no especially since i was so overweight once in my life..... but i believe if i did i would get fat again.. i think if he was trying going to the gym maybe i would.. but i dont think i would ... i feel so bad saying this:(
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I am, actually. He's awesome, sweet, adorable, handsome, caring, loveable, sexy, kind, smart, giving, supportive, loving, respectful and respectable, funny, warm, sincere, all around, amazing.
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I do try to look at the individual's inner qualities because I realize that I'm far from perfect myself. That said, if I really cared for this person, I'd encourage her to become more active and to choose healthier food options. For the most part, being overweight can be hazardous to one's health and at least from a health standpoint, you'd try to encourage that person to become more fit. It would be hard to sustain a relationship with someone who is constantly getting sick, going to the ER, etc but refusing to do anything about it.
  • HuggyBeahr
    HuggyBeahr Posts: 259
    Options
    Absolutely!!! I cant go on a date with someone with zero personality. If the person has a great personality, and happens to be overweight , it certainly isn't a deal breaker.
  • danieltkeller
    danieltkeller Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would date anyone I found attractive. I have found several people of several body types attractive. It matters to me that we are compatible. Intellect far outweighs body type. Someone with extra pounds can lift you up while someone with 5% body fat can bring you down. To say that you wouldn't date someone because of their weight is like saying you dislike a state because of the grass growing at the border.
  • thescrumisfun
    Options
    Yup. My favorite body type for a guy is that thick/sporty look? If that's even a type lol. Think of the rugby prop...nom.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    It depends on how overweight and what kind of lifestyle they live. A few extra pounds I'm ok with if there is attraction there. However, I would want that person to have similar interests in fitness.
  • Foodiethinking
    Foodiethinking Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    What a judgemental opening post...
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Overweight, yes.

Morbidly obese, he'd have to be extra brilliant in other ways.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    No.... I lead a active lifestyle and we probably wouldn't have anything in common

Odd, I am very overweight and find it hard to find someone to share my active lifestyle with..
  • LittleMissFit83
    Options
    I already am. And will eventually marry him. lol. ;)
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Some extra weight...yes. A whole lot of extra weight...no.
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    depends on the person.