Would you date someone overweight?

Options

Replies

• Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Now if she has a fat face, double chin, huge stomach, and really fat arms i wouldn't date her because I wouldn't be physically attracted to her. I would however probably have sex with her after having a lot of drinks though.

How kind of you.

Yeah, those types of girls have to get me drunk to get me in bed. The thing is, fat women suck in bed.
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Now if she has a fat face, double chin, huge stomach, and really fat arms i wouldn't date her because I wouldn't be physically attracted to her. I would however probably have sex with her after having a lot of drinks though.

How kind of you.

Yeah, those types of girls have to get me drunk to get me in bed. The thing is, fat women suck in bed.

**shakes a fist angrily at you** I do NOT! (At least...no one's told me so.)
  • WontShareChocolate
    Options
    I prefer my men to be bigger then me, I tend to gravitate more towards personality though sweet, kind, kinky, I LOVE intelligence my dirty talk consists of discussion/debates on the impact of medical science talk dirty to me baybay ????????????.
  • bettacheckyoself
    Options
    ad7tVmg.jpg

So true. Funny because one is more controllable than the other... I said "more" .

And yes, there is an error in that image.
  • ATGsquats
    ATGsquats Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Probably not
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    I like men that are larger and stronger than me. I'm rather small and like to feel protected, and loved at all times. :)
  • HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Define overweight?
  • Kat2795
    Kat2795 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I agree with you! Crossfit all the way!
  • lmmathis86
    lmmathis86 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    When I met my husband he was thin....in the last 7 years he has put on some weight....I love him and still find him attractive all the same. By no means am I thin...but i'm tring. With my husband he is not do I care that he is overweight? No I just worry about his health. I want him with me for a long time.
  • DJManos
    DJManos Posts: 220
    Options
    Simply put, yes.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I'm not usually attracted to overweight men. I'm also not usually attracted to blondes. That's just me. It's just personal preference. I am sure there are women who are attracted to larger men and blondes.

Although, I know for a fact that my husband likes what I have coined as "cute chubby" girls. This term probably did include me at one time! Just a personal preference thing.
  • kittykat1994
    kittykat1994 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I've dated guys before who have been classed as obese. That doesn't bother me as obese guys aren't always unattractive and I do like a bit of fat on guys. Even if they are really obese there still maybe something physically attractive regardless of their size.

The limit to what I'd find attractive in a guy that is really obese is someone who can't get on with normal day to day life.

I've never dated anyone who doesn't have brown hair and brown/blue eyes. I've dated guys of most sizes. My fiancée is pretty skinny (and I weigh more than him) and I still find him attractive as I could a large man!

He's still taller and stronger than me, and he has broad shoulders which I love.
  • Alehmer
    Alehmer Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    My wife has been overweight to varying degrees her whole life. I think she's beautiful and never thought twice.

Person > Waist size
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Define overweight?

It depends on the person. Overweight as in 250 pounds or less in most cases. :)
  • WontShareChocolate
    Options
    My wife has been overweight to varying degrees her whole life. I think she's beautiful and never thought twice.

Person > Waist size

Love you.
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I've dated men and women of many different shapes and sizes. For me, attractiveness isn't really something that a measuring tape can manage. Intelligence, empathy and vitality are so, so much more important and they are not conditions of any particular physique. I won't claim that I don't judge people based upon their physical appearance, but I make a conscious effort not to draw conclusions until I've given them an opportunity to show me who they really are.
  • crazie4lulu
    crazie4lulu Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    working in a gym atmosphere... i see men of every size... its how they act that would attract me... or make me duck and hide!!!!!
  • raven_ous
    raven_ous Posts: 223
    Options
    ad7tVmg.jpg

So true. Funny because one is more controllable than the other... I said "more" .

And yes, there is an error in that image.
    Yep my bad, accidentally put an extra s in loses. Still stand by the premise of the meme though, in the sense I have seen numerous threads that go on for countless pages where people state that height is the given deal breaker, particularly if the male is shorter than the female.

OP on this thread simply asks the question "Would you date someone overweight? why or why not?" and for the few that answered no quite a few people were all to ready to jump all down their throats. Now given that who you would date is highly subjective and based on personal preference I don't see why people got so upset with these individuals unless they wanted to date the people that stated no.

I guess when you post a question like this on a site where a large percentage of the members are trying to lose weight there are bound to be some knee jerk reactions and hurt feelings.

BTW: I was not one of the nos I had written a different response before I posted the poorly spelled meme.

ETA: In case anyone is curious I am not short, just find it amusing how height which is a physical attribute is an acceptable reason not to date someone but if you mention weight which is also a physical attribute people tend to get well a little more passionate.
  • lj5109
    lj5109 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Define overweight?

It depends on the person. Overweight as in 250 pounds or less in most cases. :)

It depends on gender as well and how the person is carrying it. Some people can technically be overweight but carry it quite well and look average. Some people can technically be obese and only look overweight. Personally, I get frustrated because I am still considered obese yet I am always told I just look overweight.