Would you date someone overweight?

Options

Replies

• itsfatum
    itsfatum Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    There are other traits that are more important than being fit, but I want my kids to have their parents around when they are old. Same for my grandchildren. I don't want to be with someone who flirts with illness every single day.

I've been overweight for 28 years, so I understand that people can wake up and change. Could I date an overweight woman? Sure. But I would never ever marry one who isn't taking care of her health and fitness already.

It's not about the damn looks. It's about health!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    No.... I lead a active lifestyle and we probably wouldn't have anything in common

lol yea because overweight/fat people cannot be active ....how silly

Indeed! I've always been active, even when I was overweight. I'm 34 weeks pregnant and still incredibly active. I know slim people who are lazy slobs.

I've always just been attracted to tall men, who are usually slim. My husband is 6 foot and I think he's gorgeous! His BMI is possibly a little bit over, like maybe 27, but he's definitely not fat.
  • zephtalah
    zephtalah Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I am married and not interested in dating anyone other than my sweetheart. However, to answer the question, I think I would struggle with the idea of someone who was morbidly obese and didn't even try to do something about it. I am personally more attracted to strong thicker guys ( I married one. ) For me,a very thin guy wouldn't be my first choice, but looks aren't everything either. I am all for active lifestyles, but I would also hesitate to get attached to someone to whom fitness/ working out was everything. It's important, but not the main focus of life IMO. My husband is overweight and I adore him. I don't like it when I am overweight so I focus on that not his weight fluctuations.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    I think the real challenge is the difference in lifestyle regardless of respective weights. I know from own experience that planning an outing is not easy if you dont share similar lifestyles - one person looking for pizza places, the other looking for healthy food places, one person looking to spend the weekend lying on the grass, the other wanting to run instead.
  • hbk991
    hbk991 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    As a former super heavy guy and as an overweight guy (10 lbs to go!) i think would be wrong reject someone by his weight.
    Now, i like women of all shapes, but never to the extremes, So i would date someone overweight as far she is, smart, confident, funny and tender (haha thats a plus for me) :D
  • some_betty
    some_betty Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    One could always encourage an overweight person to diet. A bad personality is harder to change.
  • lj5109
    lj5109 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    If I'm attracted to somebody then I'm attracted to somebody. I'm quite random, to be honest!

I can completely relate!
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    One could always encourage an overweight person to diet. A bad personality is harder to change.

very doubtful that you can change a person's dietary habits. nobody changes for no one
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    absolutely
  • lj5109
    Options

very doubtful that you can change a person's dietary habits. nobody changes for no one

I don't think you should enter a relationship with the intent to change someone. It just won't work unless they want to change.
  • madisonsmith1297
    Options
    I did, and the sex was great but going out was not so good

Jealous. I had the opposite experience, which ultimately ended both of my long term relationships. I can go all night, so overweight or not thats something I need in a man.

All night? Who has the time?

If someone doesn't have the time to do that at least once and awhile I won't be happy haha.

I have a job. I need at least some sleep.

I do too? Well I guess we won't be dating anytime soon. Also no need to talk down :). Everyone has different likes.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Depends how much overweight. . more than 60, definitely not. Less than that. . *shrug*
  • lj5109
    Options
    Depends how much overweight. . more than 60, definitely not. Less than that. . *shrug*

Are you going to eyeball it or get a scale out?
  • Supadoopafly
    Supadoopafly Posts: 248 Member
    Options

Times like this I wish there was a 'like' or 'recommended' button. This made me lol a lot! :-)
  • Michelle2W
    Michelle2W Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    No.... I lead a active lifestyle and we probably wouldn't have anything in common

Just because someone is overweight doesn't mean they don't live an active lifestyle.

What a ridiculous statement and assumption to make.
  • MizMiami305
    MizMiami305 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    No
    We would eat too much! :noway:
  • Michelle2W
    Michelle2W Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    ...????
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

That will go over like a lead balloon! I can see all sorts of bad things coming out of trying to encourage someone to lose weight. It's up to the person if he/she wants to lose weight.
  • Staniel_2013
    Staniel_2013 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Honestly, all that really matters is that I'm attracted to that person at all. If I'm not, I'm not. Doesn't mean they have a little extra or are really skinny. It's THEM that matters.

Everyone has their "type", even I do. Although I think it just matters that you click with each other. If all your worried about is looks, I'm sort of in the assumption you aren't looking for an actual LTR but just some late night fun.
  • lj5109
    Options

Times like this I wish there was a 'like' or 'recommended' button. This made me lol a lot! :-)

I've been thinking that a lot lately, we NEED a "like" button!!