Would you date someone overweight?

Options

Replies

• mariepreston1995
    Options
    Chubby guys are cuteeee!! snuggle material.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I'd much rather date someone that makes me laugh and treats me with respect who has a some extra pounds on him than someone who is super fit but treats me poorly.

Fit people are all meanies who treat their SOs poorly?

Really? did she honestly say that? because she DIDN'T…and you know she didn't infer that. go troll somewhere else.
  • knyfz
    knyfz Posts: 6
    Options
    yeah i would then i would make them lose weight with me and i would get fit myself. its better to work out with someone instead of alone. not to mention sex is a very good workout :laugh:
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I'd much rather date someone that makes me laugh and treats me with respect who has a some extra pounds on him than someone who is super fit but treats me poorly.

That is not what I wrote at all.

Don't take the bait. He knows that's not what you said. Guy likes trying to stir up trouble.

And some like white knighting before there is even trouble.

It was bad logic. But meh

nice try to stir $**t up, dude.
    busted.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options

Don't take the bait. He knows that's not what you said. Guy likes trying to stir up trouble.

busted.

amped up enough? lol
  • the_dude00
    the_dude00 Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    No.... I lead a active lifestyle and we probably wouldn't have anything in common

Oh yeah!?!? You closeminded ***hole!!! That's not what you were saying last night!!!! I was good enough for a one night stand I guess, but not to date, huh?

Yeah...go ahead, delete my ****ing number.

Don't hate the playa, hate the game...
  • arainiday1
    arainiday1 Posts: 1,763 Member
    Options
    Would you date someone overweight? Why or why not?

I would. their weight dosnt define their character.

THIS ^^^ :bigsmile:
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

busted.

What's your damage? It was a joke. So very clearly a joke that it could only be made clearer if he'd put a little :tongue: in it.

The only pot stirrers I see here are you and the other guy who jumped on a clear JOKE and tried to make trouble.

Get over yourself.
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options

Maybe you misunderstood her. I'm pretty sure she was just saying it's more important that someone treats her properly than that they be physically fit.

Which is exactly my position on the subject. My husband is probably overweight technically, but he treats me like a queen. I wouldn't trade him for anybody else! :)
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options

busted.

What's your damage? It was a joke. So very clearly a joke that it could only be made clearer if he'd put a little :tongue: in it.

The only pot stirrers I see here are you and the other guy who jumped on a clear JOKE and tried to make trouble.

Get over yourself.

MFP Start Date: Feb 2014. She'll learn.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    No.... I lead a active lifestyle and we probably wouldn't have anything in common

Oh yeah!?!? You closeminded ***hole!!! That's not what you were saying last night!!!! I was good enough for a one night stand I guess, but not to date, huh?

You INFURIATE me!!!!! :explode:

Stop calling me!! I can't believe I fell for the "I'll take you to Red Lobster" line!!! Ugh
  • gettingsexy94
    gettingsexy94 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Honestly, weight is not an issue :D
    I would only date someone who I like, and I don't care if he is overweight or underweight.
    Personality is important :D

Oh but it would awesome if the guy I like is able to lift me, so he can be overweight or underweight as long as he is able to carry me :P

And the most important thing is that he has to like me even if I put on weight or lose weight ;) If he can do that for me, I don't see why I can't do the same for him :D

:)xx
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options

busted.

Get over yourself.

You clearly haven't
  • the_dude00
    the_dude00 Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options

You INFURIATE me!!!!! :explode:

Stop calling me!!

That was ma nu girl telling you straight up to leave us the h*** alone
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Appearance is only part of why I'd be [initially] attracted to someone. Things like their character, values, political opinions (it's important to me), how they treat others, goals/aspirations, if they make me laugh etc are all other factors that I consider to be really important.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

busted.

Get over yourself.

:laugh:

I'm a fast learner. So far I've learned that you're kind of stirring the pot unnecessarily. You have a beef with the guy. I get it. You'll probably hunt him down in another thread and do the same thing at some point. :yawn:

Oh, and OP, sure I'd date an overweight guy. I have. I married one. He got fit after we got married and got me interested in fitness.
  • happyfeet1993
    happyfeet1993 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I would, but under these circumstances:

- He is overweight, but trying to maintain a healthier lifestyle, has goals and cares about his health.
    - Also depends on HOW overweight he is I guess. I mean.. I need to be attracted to him right?
    - Is supportive of my weight loss goals

Would NOT if:

- constantly stuffing his face, lazy, and couldn't care less about his health.
    - doesn't care about my goals regarding weight, makes it harder for me to live a healthy life
  • BurnBabyyyBurn
    Options
    O.O
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options

Put him on ignore. :)
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options

busted.

Get over yourself.

:laugh:

I'm a fast learner. So far I've learned that you're kind of stirring the pot unnecessarily. You have a beef with the guy. I get it. You'll probably hunt him down in another thread and do the same thing at some point. :yawn:

Oh, and OP, sure I'd date an overweight guy. I have. I married one. He got fit after we got married and got me interested in fitness.

Actually, no. I could not care less about that dude. I just know that he likes to stir the pot and suggested that my friend not take the bait. Never said one word to him directly, nor will I.

And with that, enjoy your thread. I'm done. :flowerforyou: