Would you date someone overweight?

Replies

• Libertysfate
    Libertysfate Posts: 452 Member
    Yes, and I have. Honestly, I didn't really notice his weight, he was just an awesome guy all around.
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    When meeting someone face to face, it's their looks that first draw you in. And once you start conversating, then the content of that conversation/things in common is what KEEPS you around. I might sound vain here, but, I liked my husband at first because of his looks. And he's medium stalky built. So I guess a few pounds would be okay, but I like medium built tall guys.
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    If overweight by a few pounds, I could make an acception. But anything more than that is too big for my tastes. I'm just not attracted to bigger guys so there's no point in dating. Friends sure, but no on dating. No matter how nice or funny they are, they still won't be attractive to me. Sorry not sorry.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Doesn't bother me. I had a mini-crush on a guy at work, and he was easily 400+ lbs. He was handsome, super smart, super funny, and a kind-hearted person.
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    Yep, even married one.

DITTO :bigsmile:
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    whenever chicks start saying they care about "personality" and "conversation' it just makes me LOL because it is the biggest load of BS ever….

I won't spew that BS. If my husband hasn't been attractive (to me) he wouldn't have had the chance to show how good his 'conversation' is; I'm not in for trying to make nice with dudes who I aren't pleasing to look at, nor do I expect guys who aren't into chicks who look like me to waste their time finding out if maybe they can get past not finding me attractive.

Conversation is another word for diq right? ...Oh, you meant actual conversation? ...I mean. I guess that's important too. If you're into talking.

And, on topic, I like the tall and lean look.

Most truthful thing posted in this entire thread.

I actually find this thread depressing. "If he's nice and not a total butt nugget that's good enough!" Shouldn't nice and not a dbag be standard traits in a mate? Is that really all it takes? The absolute bare minimum of human decency? REALLY?

Inorite?

Although, my standards are all over the place. I kind of like a little butt nugget now and again. I mean, if he's hot. Total butt nugget? Nosomuch. A little goes a long way.

Oh for sure. Attractive can balance out a whole host of little things that may not otherwise be tolerated.

I do enjoy a little dbaggery in my men, but just enough that I know they can keep up with my big old mean streak. I suspect you know a little about that. :tongue:

As they say, there's someone out there for everyone. Although with my mean streak, I may need a bit more than "a little"....
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    It's a bit of a double edged sword answering this. If you say you don't care about looks people don't believe you and say you're blowing smoke. If you do say you care about looks people will claim you're superficial.
    It doesn't matter what I say. There's no reason for you to believe what I say and I don't care to justify any answer I give.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    I'm pretty sure that every girl I have dated has been some degree of overweight. Yet all were beautiful, amazing women.
  • wheird
    It's a bit of a double edged sword answering this. If you say you don't care about looks people don't believe you and say you're blowing smoke. If you do say you care about looks people will claim you're superficial.
    It doesn't matter what I say. There's no reason for you to believe what I say and I don't care to justify any answer I give.

Why can't you be both? I am the first to admit that I prefer girls who are pretty. But I also feel that women can be pretty despite their weight.
  • MysteriousLdy
    MysteriousLdy Posts: 306 Member
    Ummm...I guess I am doomed to remain as single lady..I am overweight, I wont deny the fact..

If guys prefer ladies with fit and sexy bodies..Go ahead,be my guest..I wont stop you from looking at me. :smile:
  • ComradeTovarich
    ComradeTovarich Posts: 495 Member
    I've dated overweight girls in the past. But I did find them attractive. I'm not going to date someone that looks like Igor from Young Frankenstein. That said, I do have a limit. I wouldn't date anyone that's super morbidly obese (like the kind that need a crane to get them to the hospital when they need medical attention.
  • PatheticNoetic

Why can't you be both? I am the first to admit that I prefer girls who are pretty. But I also feel that women can be pretty despite their weight.

I'm not saying it can't be both. But the general lines of the discussion has divided these characteristics.
  • wheird

I'm not saying it can't be both. But the general lines of the discussion has divided these characteristics.

*shrug* Then undivide it.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member

Perhaps yet another false dilemma common in these threads?
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member

You totally meant "common on mfp" lol. Always goes that way.
  • wheird

Yeah, according to some, it is a miracle that anyone finds me attractive at all.
  • PatheticNoetic

*shrug* Then undivide it.

I'm not here to do that. I'm just saying the original question is a double edged sword. I don't care to justify any answer I would give.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member

Yeah, according to some, it is a miracle that anyone finds me attractive at all.

Keep that **** up, and I am going to start grabbing your *kitten*
  • wheird

Keep that **** up, and I am going to start grabbing your *kitten*

Why stop there?
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Jeez, bizarre night tonight!!!