Would you date someone overweight?

Options

Replies

• SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    It's a bit of a double edged sword answering this. If you say you don't care about looks people don't believe you and say you're blowing smoke. If you do say you care about looks people will claim you're superficial.
    It doesn't matter what I say. There's no reason for you to believe what I say and I don't care to justify any answer I give.

Why can't you be both? I am the first to admit that I prefer girls who are pretty. But I also feel that women can be pretty despite their weight.

I'm not saying it can't be both. But the general lines of the discussion has divided these characteristics.

Perhaps yet another false dilemma common in these threads?

Yeah, according to some, it is a miracle that anyone finds me attractive at all.

Keep that **** up, and I am going to start grabbing your *kitten*

Why stop there?

Humm, I'll have to ask the wife. She's in charge of all things multiples
  • Crimson_Fire
    Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    Jeez, bizarre night tonight!!!
    Oh hi there, Sin! :bigsmile:
  • littlebutlean
    littlebutlean Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't, no. :blushing:

I would have at one time in my life but I equate being overweight to being unhealthy now. I feel like someone who is overweight has sort of lost touch with themselves, in a way that they are not putting their health and longevity in life any sort of a priority. It's not someone I would want to be with long term and if the long term isn't there, well dating them is a waste of time for everyone.

That being said, I wouldn't consider myself in any way "shallow". I still don't like 9's or 10's as much as 7's and personality ranks up there really high. If I'm talking to a 9 or a 10 and they're dumb as a truck, have no personality or no sense of humor, or if they're sporting that very common 9 or 10 princess complex, I immediately hate their @#$@#! face and would really prefer they just stop talking. :indifferent:
  • ashleyblossom1
    ashleyblossom1 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Yeah, according to some, it is a miracle that anyone finds me attractive at all.

You're kind of covering your face a bit but from what I can see you're adorable.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    It's a bit of a double edged sword answering this. If you say you don't care about looks people don't believe you and say you're blowing smoke. If you do say you care about looks people will claim you're superficial.
    It doesn't matter what I say. There's no reason for you to believe what I say and I don't care to justify any answer I give.

Why can't you be both? I am the first to admit that I prefer girls who are pretty. But I also feel that women can be pretty despite their weight.

I'm not saying it can't be both. But the general lines of the discussion has divided these characteristics.

Perhaps yet another false dilemma common in these threads?

Keep that **** up, and I am going to start grabbing your *kitten*

Why stop there?

Humm, I'll have to ask the wife. She's in charge of all things multiples

Rusty trombone or refund. :angry:
  • wheird
    Options

You're kind of covering your face a bit but from what I can see you're adorable.

I'm ok. Definitely not bad for 310lbs+.
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    No.... I lead a active lifestyle and we probably wouldn't have anything in common

Overweight people can be active too. Being overweight while being related to a sedentary lifestyle is more a factor of diet than exercise. I've seen some chubby people that are extremely active, they just choose the wrong food. And as far as the comment above about being unhealthy, studies have proven that an overweight active person is far more healthy than a sedentary skinny one.

Anyway, the way I see it as long as they are on the right path to health and wellness and not encouraging me to live off of frozen pizza and mac and cheese we'll do just fine. Then again, I'm no skinny mini but I also don't date lol.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

Hands off! He's mine!
  • wheird
    Options
    No.... I lead a active lifestyle and we probably wouldn't have anything in common

Overweight people can be active too. Being overweight while being related to a sedentary lifestyle is more a factor of diet than exercise. I've seen some chubby people that are extremely active, they just choose the wrong food.

I went to the gym today and just got back from a run. :laugh:
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Jeez, bizarre night tonight!!!
    Oh hi there, Sin! :bigsmile:
    Lol hi <3
    I've had such a day and reading these threads. Well, goodness lol.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

I would have at one time in my life but I equate being overweight to being unhealthy now. I feel like someone who is overweight has sort of lost touch with themselves, in a way that they are not putting their health and longevity in life any sort of a priority. It's not someone I would want to be with long term and if the long term isn't there, well dating them is a waste of time for everyone.

That being said, I wouldn't consider myself in any way "shallow". I still don't like 9's or 10's as much as 7's and personality ranks up there really high. If I'm talking to a 9 or a 10 and they're dumb as a truck, have no personality or no sense of humor, or if they're sporting that very common 9 or 10 princess complex, I immediately hate their @#$@#! face and would really prefer they just stop talking. :indifferent:

Nothing wrong with being a little bit shallow.
  • Crimson_Fire
    Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options

This guy is way more than "ok". :flowerforyou:
  • ashleyblossom1
    Options

Hands off! He's mine!

Haha oops all yours hun
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I'm just interested to see if some of these guys saying no drop their girl as soon as she gets preggers lol. Because she's going to become overweight (some might have complications and become downright obese) and it has nothing to do with losing touch with herself or her health.
  • wheird
    Options

Hands off! He's mine!

Haha oops all yours hun

No wait!

This could be a rare opportunity...
  • littlebutlean
    littlebutlean Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options

Nothing wrong with being a little bit shallow.

Well, I think most of us are a little shallow in some way! I guess I was just saying just because I wouldn't date someone overweight that I like to stick to dirty slores that are minimum 9+ just because they weigh 100 lbs. :drinker: :drinker:
  • wheird
    Options
    I'm just interested to see if some of these guys saying no drop their girl as soon as she gets preggers lol. Because she's going to become overweight (some might have complications and become downright obese) and it has nothing to do with losing touch with herself or her health.

Considering that single motherhood is on the rise, there may be a correlation there.
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options

Considering that single motherhood is on the rise, there may be a correlation there.

Touche.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Do you really think being preggo is the same thing as being overweight? And that men can't make that distinction?

And do you have any scathing words for women who say no, or is your ire reserved for men?
  • ashleyblossom1
    Options

I've seen it happen to quite a few girls. Once they weren't the epitome of perfection they got traded in like a used car.