Meal Plan - How much have you paid?

Options
justsalad
justsalad Posts: 132 Member
Hello!

I just paid 150$ for a month of meal plan... I'm wondering if that was reasonable or not?
I don't really feel like it was at all.

She gave me 6 meals, to eat each day... and that's it. Not a different meal plan for everyday, not a different meal plan for each week. Just 6 meal ideas that I'm to eat the same thing everyday. I told her my whole problem was boredom - if I'm bored of eating the same foods, I cheat. That I needed variety... what should I do? I don't feel like I got what I paid for really... and I didn't get a lot of options which was the whole reason I wanted to go with someone to create a meal plan for me... I don't want to argue with her, but I obviously can't get my money back either. I'm just not satisfied

She charges 150/month - has anyone ever paid someone to create meal plans for them? What did you pay? What did you get for it??

Replies

• wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I would never pay for meal plans, not with the internet available. It is super easy to find recipes online that will fit into your allotted calories. It will take some time and patience to create it, but isn't your health worth it? JMO
  • justsalad
    Options
    Okay well I appreciate that.... but that doesn't help me with what's already has happened?

I have already paid and already been supplied with a meal plan.. I know the internet is readily available, but I work 14 hr days, with 3 hrs of commuting, I don't have time to search a lot of meal plans and recipes up and find out what works and what doesn't. Maybe in the future but for now, that's just not a time viable option. I barely get time to meal prep.

Sorry, you didn't really assist me with answering my question.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    This was for meal plans and not meals themselves? If so, you got ripped. I would have done it for $50 and a bag of jawbreakers.
  • justsalad
    Options
    Yes that was just for 6 meals...

Literally 6 meals. Not 6 days of different meals... or anything like that. Just 6 meals.
  • loconnor466
    loconnor466 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Did that $150.00 include the groceries? I've never heard of someone paying for a "meal plan" that didn't include the actual food, you know like Jenny Craig or something. She gave you 6 recipes for $150.00?

One of the biggest things I have learned since starting here is how to shop and cook better! Most people get bored if they are eating the same thing everyday. Since starting a couple of months ago, I have tried so many new and wonderful vegetables and foods. Tried some excellent healthy recipes and have generally learned how to feed myself and my family a whole lot healthier. This has become so much more than a diet or meal plan to me, it is truly a lifestyle change.
  • loconnor466
    loconnor466 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Okay well I appreciate that.... but that doesn't help me with what's already has happened?

I have already paid and already been supplied with a meal plan.. I know the internet is readily available, but I work 14 hr days, with 3 hrs of commuting, I don't have time to search a lot of meal plans and recipes up and find out what works and what doesn't. Maybe in the future but for now, that's just not a time viable option. I barely get time to meal prep.

What is your question? Did anyone else get ripped off?
  • helen195
    helen195 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thats expensive! I would not pay for just a meal plan. You can get a good weekly meal plan from magazines a lot cheaper.

Write it off as experience and don't pay any more!

Treat yourself to a subscription to a good magazine - I subscribe to Healthy food guide, it comes out once a month and lands on my door step before its in the shops. It has a weekly meal planner based on 1,500cl, it then gives 5 days worth of ideas to carry on with. It also has loads of recipes and interesting items for only £3.10.

Surely you must be able to get something similar?

Good luck!

X
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    How did you find this person? And how soon can you cancel so you never have to pay her again.
    There are meal planning websites if that's what you really want/need.
    And, if you want that structure, most formal diets, such as South Beach etc. have a meal planning option.
  • justsalad
    Options
    They weren't even recipes! I'm feeling really ripped off.

It definitely isn't something I'll be doing again - you're right about 'writing it off as an experience'

The meal plan looks something similar to this:

meal 1 - 1/2 cup fat free greek yogurt, and 1/2 cup mixed berries, 1 scoop protein
    meal 2 - 4 ox chicken breast, mixed in with 1 cup cucumber, 1 cup tomatoes or celery, and tblspn vinegrette
    meal 3 - 2 pieces ezikiel bread 1 tbsp. pb

so forth and so on. to add up to 6 meals a day.... aaaaand that's it.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    You paid $25 per meal, bloody hell what a total rip off. I would got back and demand a proper meal plan...after all you told her you get bored and she gives you 6 meals for a whole month??! My kids could think of more meals than that lol.

I would never ever pay for this kind of stuff.

The internet is your friend, there are lots of workout programs that come with meal plans you could look at those.
  • justsalad
    Options
    I thought it was pretty standard, and couldn't find much on the internet in regards to costs for meal plans and such from professionals.

I am now finding out I definitely got screwed lol.

What websites would you recommend?
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Ugh stuff like this makes me realize that I am in the wrong business.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    They weren't even recipes! I'm feeling really ripped off.

It definitely isn't something I'll be doing again - you're right about 'writing it off as an experience'

The meal plan looks something similar to this:

meal 1 - 1/2 cup fat free greek yogurt, and 1/2 cup mixed berries, 1 scoop protein
    meal 2 - 4 ox chicken breast, mixed in with 1 cup cucumber, 1 cup tomatoes or celery, and tblspn vinegrette
    meal 3 - 2 pieces ezikiel bread 1 tbsp. pb

so forth and so on. to add up to 6 meals a day.... aaaaand that's it.

:noway:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    http://www.eatthismuch.com/

I like the Abs Diet cookbook for the recipes but it also has meal plans.
  • bl1nk6
    bl1nk6 Posts: 175
    Options
    Id demand my money back, seriously you have been ripped off!

look online at diet chef and jenny craig for example. £40- £70 a week they supply you with 3 meals a day and snacks and a large variety for you to choose from every month.
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I did fitorbit.com & paid $99 for 3 months of weekly meal plans that included 3 meals a day, 1-3 snacks plus workout plans & access to a personal trainer to chat with whenever I needed to ask a question or get feedback. This didn't include food, but I did receive a detailed grocery list each week with the menu
  • slimster1970
    slimster1970 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    As for the OP I wondered if you'd be interested in a bag of magic beans?
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    You paid $25 per meal, bloody hell what a total rip off. I would got back and demand a proper meal plan...after all you told her you get bored and she gives you 6 meals for a whole month??! My kids could think of more meals than that lol.

I would never ever pay for this kind of stuff.

The internet is your friend, there are lots of workout programs that come with meal plans you could look at those.

Agreed^^

I have the insanity meal plan if you want that. Of course, you'll have to figure out how many calories you need a day. But it comes with a lot of different varieties.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I have never paid specifically for a meal plan, but my personal trainer has always helped me with ideas and what to eat to hit my macros. Are you sure she isn't going to give you more as the month goes on? 6 meals is not really a month of meal planning.
  • justsalad
    Options

What is your question? Did anyone else get ripped off?

I didn't mean to come off as rude or anything so I'm sorry if I did. But my question was - if anyone else HAS paid for a meal plan, what was given to them? Recipes? Daily regime? Etc. I was wondering if people HAVE paid for a meal plan, what did they receive for it and at what cost? What is standard in a 'meal plan' by someone who claims to be a professional at this.