Sweating for the Wedding, anyone?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• nanmoedt
    nanmoedt Posts: 2
    Options
    I just got engaged a week ago and my wedding date is May 16, 2015. :heart:

I can't wait. I'm over 229 right now but I would like to be 175 or less before the wedding.

The other thing that I am doing is meditation and more relaxation (which means turning my phone off some evenings.)

Please feel free to add me as well.
  • Kimber250
    Kimber250 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Very cool!! What a great way to look at it! A beautiful, healthy bride <3
  • Kimber250
    Options
    Good call on the meditation! that is so important.. I often forget to take a time out and do that ... good for you!!!
  • Kimber250
    Options
    Hey Kim! I'm getting married in December and am also 'sweating for the wedding' !!! I want to lose about 90 more lbs (best case scenario) before my wedding..I've lost almost 50 lbs so far and got so much more to go!!! Maybe we can be an inspiration to each other and motivate!!!

I would love to cheer you on! December is far away~ you have time to make your decisions to have the body and mind you want for your day!!!
  • Kimber250
    Options
    I'm going to a wedding in Antigua in 6 weeks and have 8 pound to lose before then; and then have my own wedding in January by which time I want to have lost (and kept off!) another stone! I'm really struggling :(

Oh boy! a desitnation wedding!! 8 lbs in 6 weeks is totally do-able! rock fruit salads and water to the max and feel the weight fall off! I am not sure what your diet is now, but that has been helping me! 300 calories of fruits and vegetables fills me up so much more than 300 calories of fats and bad foods...it took me a long time to realize that~

Can't wait to hear your progress and that you have reached/exceeded your goal!!!
  • Kimber250
    Options
    No date planned yet, but my fiancee and I are both sweating for the wedding.

That's soo great! Both of you working together is great!
    I believe that is a good sign of your friendship and how strong you will be in the future if you both can work towards a goal together! How inspiring!!!
  • DevSanchez
    DevSanchez Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I too am a bride who is "sweating for the wedding"
    well rather sweating for the honeymoon! We are getting married on our 10yr anniversary of when we first met, October 21st, 2015. I have made a pact with myself to enjoy my tropical adventure with my husband and make the most memorable moments of our lives! I have 18Mos. to lose roughly 100lbs! I am so scared of the road ahead but even more excited!
  • DevSanchez
    DevSanchez Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Totally possible! Im getting married in October 2015 and am currently 244 looking to be down to less than 150 for wedding!
  • OAmadeusAmadeus
    OAmadeusAmadeus Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm a bridesmaid sweating for two weddings: one on October 11, and another next year (date TBD). I have a goal of losing 50 lbs by the one this year and I'm already 20 lbs in!

I've been doing workout videos (cardio dancing/Zumba) and walking a lot. I have a blister the size of Texas on my heel right now (thanks, new shoes!) so I might need to take a few days off to let that heal -- walking with a blister was a bad choice.
  • thelastkite
    thelastkite Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am getting married October 18, 2014 as well! So very excited. We got engaged last October and set the date the same day he proposed. Since May of 2013 I have lost 46 pounds and I'd like to lose another 30 or so by the wedding, but I'm not going to kill myself trying to get there, so I'll just see what happens.

Over the past year, I've really been watching what I eat and learning to control my portions (thanks, food scale!), doing a ton of dance/Zumba, cycle classes which I attend with my fiance, and some running. I started couch to 5k last year and could only jog 2 minutes at a time. I've slowly built up to jogging 45 minutes straight. I learned how to track on MFP, but now I also use Weight Watchers, which I joined with my dad back in January. It's been a nice experience to have with him. We joked that we needed to both join because the church where our ceremony is being held has a very narrow aisle which could be problematic in fitting the both of us :)

The biggest obstacle for me right now is finding time to plan and eat healthy meals around all the wedding planning/my job. I'm also dealing with a shoulder injury... unfortunately I can't lift weights right now, which I'd really like to be doing! Overall just trying to stay focused on doing the best I can and having fun with wedding excitement.

Good luck on your journey!
  • cshevlin
    cshevlin Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yep. It seems like I've got a whole lot more time than almost anyone here. My wedding date is May 23, 2015!I need to lose AT LEAST 15 pounds (Preferably more). I have plenty of time to do so, but not enough willpower. I must find my fight again. I lost 15 pounds before but gained it back plus some when I started college. I need to work harder at maintenance.
  • tashat1976
    tashat1976 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have been engaged for a little under 2 years now. We have set a couple of dates however I am not ready to be seen in wedding photos yet so I keep postponing. We have decided not to set another date until I lose the weight I want. I have over 100 pounds to lose to be "healthy" but I just want to see "onederland" before I get married. I haven't been under 250 pounds in about 19 years. It is time for me to do something about it.
  • Roxanne082
    Roxanne082 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good luck! My date is October 26, 2014! Add me if you'd like :)
    I'm hoping to drop 30 by then, my goal is 90lbs in total.
  • Megan101792
    Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
    Options
    Sweating for my brother's wedding in June 2014
  • chasingdreams18
    chasingdreams18 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hiya! I am Kim, I have been on these boards for years, but until recently didn't really "use" it... I am excited to be getting married October 18th, 2014... I call it, Sweating for the Wedding!
    I am setting myself for a healthy lifestyle change, with a target loss of 50-60lbs..
    I am looking for other Brides to Be to join.. or if you have another thread you are following, tell me about it and I would like to join the train~

SW- 251
    CW-249
    GW-190

Thanks for reading! :)

WOW that is totally awesome! I'm Jessica and I am also getting married October 18th 2014. I still have about 54 to loose

SW- 255.6
    CW- 204
    GW- 150
  • etrnltrust
    Options
    bump
  • thatsmrshodos2u
    thatsmrshodos2u Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!
    I just saw this post or I would have been talking earlier! I'm getting married on November 1, 2014, and can not be more excited:love: I am trying to lose atleast 40-50 lbs by mey wedding, I'm hoping this isn't to unrealistic. Any support that can be given would be GREATLY appriciated!
    Good luck to all of you ladies, and I hope to talk to you during this process!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!