1000 days, 130+ pounds lost (w/ too many pics!)

Options

Replies

• GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    wow, what a wonderfully inspiring story!! congrats to you, you ROCK!! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • hookemhorns2013
    Options
    You rock and look AWESOME!
  • Time4NUME
    Time4NUME Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! Thanks for sharing your story with us. You look GREAT!!!!!!
  • law110
    law110 Posts: 43
    Options
    I love your story!!! I love the quote! Congratulations!
  • guthriemdg311
    guthriemdg311 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    :happy: Awesome! Thanks for sharing and inspiring.
  • Dennish68
    Dennish68 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    i have read many stories on MFP and yours is one of few that brought tears to me eyes. Maybe because i related to so much of it! Congratulations on all the accomplishments you've achieved and continue to do so! Like the quote says, basically, the year is going to go by whether or not you make a change so why not at least take that 1st step to live a healthier life. So proud of you!
  • hellzak
    hellzak Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story! So motivating!:smile:
  • mishka45
    mishka45 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank You For Sharing....AMAZING!!! :smile:
  • mnmomto4
    mnmomto4 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Wonderful story. Good for you. I joined about the same time as you and didn't have any goal in mind really either. 6 months later I lost 40 lbs. I felt great and then got pregnant. I was determined not to fall apart during my pregnancy. I didnt until 20 weeks in when I found out I was having twins. My world was turned upside down and I fell into a state of depression as my pregnancy turned into high risk. I only managed to gain 38 lbs during it which was good and my babies were born 100% healthy at 37 weeks. I got back into it finally in January. I have now lost a total of 47 lbs. I am 7 pounds below my pre pregnancy weight and my babies just turned 5 months old. I also found myself out of the obese category this morning! I don't know my goal weight. I have another 3 pounds to reach my first goal and then I think I will take it in 10 pound goals and see how I feel at that point.
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this and including your pictures, story, motivation, etc. It was very well done.

I do have to also say i'm jealous :) I'm 5'10" and am 181. You look a lot thinner than me lol. Hopefully lifting will help even that out - very inspirational though to see!
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Shannon. This is what I needed today. It really, truly is. Thank you for your continued friendship and inspiration. This has been an awesome journey and I CAN do it and WILL do it.
  • rhon456
    rhon456 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    AMAZING :) well done!! I am going to show this to my friend who has to lose the same sort of weight!
  • BL_Mark
    BL_Mark Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Cheers and well done! I sent my wife a link to your story. We follow the same beliefs that you do... eat what you want just in moderation with exercise. She's feeling frustrated because in the last year she's "Only Lost 60lbs"... 60 POUNDS!! That's huge. Told her it takes time and dedication and you're a true example of that. Well done and thank you for being an inspiration to all!!
  • sunshinenjjr
    sunshinenjjr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I loved your post. So inspirational. Congrats on your weight loss.
  • hellykill
    hellykill Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing. What a wonderful story!!
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Cheers and well done! I sent my wife a link to your story. We follow the same beliefs that you do... eat what you want just in moderation with exercise. She's feeling frustrated because in the last year she's "Only Lost 60lbs"... 60 POUNDS!! That's huge. Told her it takes time and dedication and you're a true example of that. Well done and thank you for being an inspiration to all!!

60 pounds in a year is really, really awesome. Just think - if she hadn't made positive changes, she might exactly where she was a year ago. Or...if she was anything like me...gradually watching her weight creep up even higher. Though I lost my weight relatively quickly, I don't really think that's a good thing. 5 pounds a month, like your wife did, is manageable and - hopefully - truly SUSTAINABLE.

You two are both inspirations as well!
  • ohaston
    ohaston Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I saw your post last year and was like HOLY SMOKE! I am so glad to find it again.... You are the greatest!
  • fitfemlove
    Options
    I started my weight loss journey at the beginning of the year, kind of as a New Year's Resolution. I've lost 40 pounds so far and I feel AMAZING!! Try this system: http://fitfemlove.wordpress.com
  • Jille0
    Jille0 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    "My life doesn't have room for that weight anymore. It can’t hold me back. There are adventures to be had. "

I love that! My life doesn't have room for the weight any more, either! There are many adventures to be had and I am ready! Thank you for sharing your story!!! :smile:
  • RenaHewitt
    RenaHewitt Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!