So you'll lose muscle on a vegan diet?

Options
12346»

Replies

• raven_ous
    raven_ous Posts: 223
    Options
    Well I personally hate getting into who has the superior diet threads vegan vs omnivore vs vegetarian but I am grateful for I learned about bio-availability.
  • BigVeggieDream
    BigVeggieDream Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    Just anecdotal, but my ex-wife thru-hiked the Appalachian trail on a Vegan diet.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Just anecdotal, but my ex-wife thru-hiked the Appalachian trail on a Vegan diet.
    Low muscle levels and a high level of carbs would be ideal for such a trip, I'd expect.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,024 Member
    Options
    Low muscle levels and a high level of carbs would be ideal for such a trip, I'd expect.
    Environment and a given lifestyle would also dictate muscle mass and overall fitness. The Massai tribe in Africa is a pretty fascinating look at how adaptable people can be. The Massai basically consume mostly animals with very little vegetation and show stellar health and virtually no heart disease and are very lean and fit and I'll bet with above average cardio capacity. But they move quite a bit.