Look What 3 Years of Lifting Can Do...

Options
I was going to write a bunch of text but I think this transformation photo will speak for itself.

In the 2011 photo, I was 39 years old, about 24% body fat,116 lbs, and doing cardio only.

In the 2014 photo, I am 42 years old, about 16% body fat,126 lbs, and lifting weights has been my focus for the past three years.

sccbnt.jpg

Replies

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    and that's what inspiration is all about, folks.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Three years of awesome sure to be followed by even more awesome. Great job, Toni.
  • emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Nice work! It is such an inspiration to see your results! It lets me know I am on the right path ;D

Thanks so much for sharing!
  • MGreensides
    MGreensides Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You win...the rest of us can close shop and go jome lol. Seriously....drooling over the awesoneness.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Can I please look like this when I am 42?!?!?!

Awesome job Toni. You look incredible. You should be so proud of what you have accomplished.

I love seeing stories like this. It is very moving :smile: :heart:
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, you've had an amazing transformation!

Yay for lifting! :drinker:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    So bulkeh n hooge!

Excellent work, congrats :D
  • alexanik
    alexanik Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Toni, you are such an inspiration to me (and everyone else, I'm sure!) and you an amazing friend.
    I can only hope to look like you at any age, lol!

You are incredible! Congratulations on your amazing transformation! :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • phillrn
    phillrn Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! you look great!
  • walterm852
    walterm852 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Just Awesome!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous! Love the transformation, you look beautiful!
  • MissObstinatiox
    MissObstinatiox Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Amazing and just makes me want to continue in lifting myself :)
    Fantatsic job x
  • NoMoreStretchyPants
    Options
    So inspirational..you look amazing!!
  • blondelis50
    blondelis50 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    A picture is worth a thousand words. Wow. Good for you!:smile:
  • EyeOTS
    EyeOTS Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Impressive!
    These kind of results are great motivation for my own lifting.
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    WOW! Amazing changes!! Love that your success came with lifting and and you look fantastic in spite of more weight....the more success stories we see showing beauty is not even remotely tied to that number on the scale the better!!
  • nalie879
    nalie879 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    A true inspiration for anyone!!! Especially those on the fence about adding lifting to their fitness routine!! Awesomeness all around!!
  • Coach_Simon
    Coach_Simon Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    As I told you before, YOU ARE SERIOUSLY AND WITHOUT A DOUBT AMAZING! Your transformstion shows that lifting weight is a huge part of this 'getting in shape' lifestyle and combined with healthy eating and dedication anything can be done - no matter what age, shape, gender, status or how busy you are. Id say uoy have proven that more than once!

I'm extremely proud of you and love how dedicated and inspiring you are. Yes I said inspiring, deal with it! :wink:
  • mandylynn1975
    mandylynn1975 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, Toni. I know that I need to work more strength training into my workouts. I tend to do cardio only. Never sure what strength training exercises to do. I love to do planks, but when it comes to lifting I am clueless. I just became a runner a couple years ago which has led to a total lifestyle transformation for me. I recently finished my first non-official half marathon in February (on my treadmill). I am going to complete my first official half-marathon in April in Toledo, Ohio. At my highest non-pregnancy weight I was a whopping 230 lbs with a lean weight of 145 lbs. I lost about 50 lbs, only to gain about 30 back. Now I am proud to finally be at a healthy BMI for my height, 5'9". I have always had a muscular/athletic build, and I know that I can add muscle fairly easily. I am the lightest I have ever been in my adult life at 163 lbs. I guess I fear weight lifting will make the scale go up again and it very well may. That is a mental thing for me. I hate to see that number go up. My boys are both teenagers now and are involved in sports year round. They lift at their school a few times a week. Part of me wants to lift with them, but I know that would be so uncool, lol. I am patient and don't expect results overnight. I guess I just am afraid to cut back on my cardio. Your story is helping me to not be so afraid anymore. :)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! I'm 67, and don't think I'll ever get as buff as you have, but It's inspiring to see what you've accomplished. I do a combination of cardio and strength training, and my personal trainer has said she sees the difference in my body with what I've been doing. I have been stressing out over adding weight, but it's obvious to me that I have lost inches since I've been doing the combination.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!