Do you think it's possible to go from size 16 to 10-12?

Options

Replies

• SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    I went from size 16s to 2-4s, so I would say yes! Go for it ♡
  • judilockwood
    judilockwood Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    YES!!! I was an English size 16 last year and nearly 40lbs lighter I'm a 10/12. Go for it, feels good xxxxx
  • ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Of course it's possible. I was a 16 when I started and thought it would be amazing if I could get down to a 12. I now wear 4-6. You can do this. Dedication and consistency.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    So glad the OP asked this question, and there are so many uplifting and awesome responses! What a great way to start the morning! Thank you to everyone for sharing... those of us still starting out on this journey appreciate the reminder of what is achievable!

(I'm at 18/20, hoping to get to a 10!)
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I went from a (UK) 18 to a 12/14 - unfortunately I lapsed a bit and I'm a dress back up again. But it isn't difficult. Patience and taking one day at a time are the key things I think. It's also useful to have several measures to go be - dress size for sure but also BMI (bearing in mind it's based on avaerages so itsn't right for everyone, just a good guide for most), bodyfat pecentage and fitness goals you'd like to achieve. You need motivation, and sometimes if can't see progress by one measure you can by another. Good luck!
  • kmclamb13
    kmclamb13 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Yes its possible .I'm 51 and size 10 I was size 22 when i started.I got to a size 10 and went up to size 16 but have been working since sept.2013 and now back to size 10.I was just feeling sorry for myself because I want to lose 20more lbs. but having trouble.I have vowed to never give up no matter how long it takes. Yes i believe you can do it just one day at a time. I'm only 5'3" .
  • momofgilliam4
    Options
    It better be possible! That's my goal! :)

I think that if we work at all that we do here (eating right, getting regular exercise), you'll be amazed at what your body can become. I have always had an "athletic build" - I've never had skinny legs or lean hips... so I'd be happy to be back in a (US) size 8 someday. BUT, I am just starting my journey and trying to be realistic. 10 is my goal for now.

Best of luck! :flowerforyou:
  • jadejo63
    jadejo63 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone for all your comments! I now feel a lot more motivated, I hope it won't take years and years though, as I lost 2 stone before but was still a size 14 instead of a16 and it took maybe about 5 months I can't remember... I am in the UK so it's uk sizes, but you can add me if you want :) x
  • joytebow
    joytebow Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It is amazing to see what you can do! I went from a 14 but now my 10s are getting rather loose. I really didn't think that could happen with my frame either. Shopping is so much more fun now!
  • KelARita7
    KelARita7 Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Totally possible...I was a 16 after having my son...granted that was never a normal size for me but I was there and I hated it. I am now a size 6...have been the last 3 years.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I am 62.Today is my 2 year anniversary on MFP. I was a tight size 24W (should have been 26W).
    Today I am a size 10 (some 8's even).

If you commit yourself, before you know it you will be there!
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Getting down to a 10 sounds do-able. I've gone from a UK 16-18 down to a 6-8 and I thought my bones would never fit in any clothes that small.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!! Three years ago I was a size 14/16. I never thought I could fit into anything less than a 12, but my goal at the time was a size 8. Now, after changing my lifestyle habits and eating healthy and working out regularly, I'm a comfortable size 0/2. I'm only five feet tall, so that's a normal looking size for my height and build. But seriously, if I can do it, then you can too!!
  • NewMnky1
    NewMnky1 Posts: 264
    Options
    Of course it is. I went from a size 4x (26/28 top, size 24 pants) to a size Small tops and size 4 pants. Anything is possible, it just depends how much you want it.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I started as a 16/18 now I'm a 10/12 (UK sizes) of course it's possible!

Snap. That was after 2 children as well. I'm nearly 35 weeks pregnant with my third now and can still fit into stretchy size 12 (US 8) dresses.
  • abrowndog
    Options
    I was a 20. Now I am a comfy size 8 and can fit in some size 6s. Aiming for a 4!
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I was a UK 16 last June and last week I started buying size 10. When I started on here I didn't think I'd get this far but I just stuck with it. Just keep logging and don't get impatient, all those pounds lost soon add up, you'll be amazed what you can do when you put your mind to it :smile:
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    Do I think its possible? OMG....I went from a 20wp to a 4/6p....so yeah, its POSSIBLE!!!!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Of course it is
  • coral_b
    coral_b Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I used to use the "I'm not built to be small" thoughts as an EXCUSE. Now I'm exercising and am more aware of my body, I can easily Identify areas that have fat to lose. I used to think that even at 5"2 I could never get down to 120 lbs. I'm down to 140, and I fully believe that I can drop another 20lbs of fat across my body. Possibly even more. I'm a UK 10- 12, hoping to be a UK 8- 10, with body fat 22-25%, Currently 30%. You just have to stick at through the ups and downs and really commit to being healthier; a lifestyle not a diet. Good luck.