Do you think it's possible to go from size 16 to 10-12?

Options

Replies

• maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options
    Hell yah...I started at a size 16...I am in a size 7...

and to be honest I never thought I would see a size 6...always thought I was not built for it...I am.

337cf4fe-0b1f-4ec4-a6ec-d2e551f7d567_zpse8037836.jpg

Here is a pic...top left is me at a 16/18...not sure cause I refused to buy 18's, Bottom left is me at size 10, the other pic is me at size 9...my profile pic I am in a size 7...I can wear a 6 but it's too snug to be comfortable....

If I can do it after 20 years you can do it too.

GIRL that black dress is SMOKIN HOT!!! You look awesome :)

And yes, it's totally possible!
  • lauramblair
    lauramblair Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    It is absolutely possible! I used to be a 14 and now, 40 pounds later, I'm a size 6 on the verge of being a size 4. You can do it!
  • xstea11
    xstea11 Posts: 11
    Options
    I was 16 last summer, now size 10... Yes it is possible and the feeling of your "small" clothes being way too big is worth the efforts! Good luck.
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    That's my goal! I aim to stop at 10, because skinnier than that, I look weird. x_x I like having at least -some- heft to my amazonian proportions. And my gent likes it too. ;)
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Hell yah...I started at a size 16...I am in a size 7...

and to be honest I never thought I would see a size 6...always thought I was not built for it...I am.

337cf4fe-0b1f-4ec4-a6ec-d2e551f7d567_zpse8037836.jpg

Here is a pic...top left is me at a 16/18...not sure cause I refused to buy 18's, Bottom left is me at size 10, the other pic is me at size 9...my profile pic I am in a size 7...I can wear a 6 but it's too snug to be comfortable....

If I can do it after 20 years you can do it too.

GIRL that black dress is SMOKIN HOT!!! You look awesome :)

And yes, it's totally possible!
    +1
  • mauricetaylor
    mauricetaylor Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It's definitely possible! Proper nutrition is about 75% of it, plus a regular work out routine. It takes a lot of effort to change your body composition but hard work and good eating habits it's definitely possible
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    That's my goal! I aim to stop at 10, because skinnier than that, I look weird. x_x I like having at least -some- heft to my amazonian proportions. And my gent likes it too. ;)
    Size is proportionate as well, considering you can be way leaner and fit a smaller size and not look gangly :smile:
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else said yes. :) I was a size 18, very pear shaped so lower body heavy and am down about 45lbs and now am a 12 sometimes 10. It can be done it just takes time and dedication.
  • jos05
    jos05 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Strike the thought that you can't do it... completely from your mind!!
    You have to tell yourself... I can and I will do this!! Make the decision...everyday! Start slow... it's going to take time!! But you can certainly get down to a size 10!!

I was a size 24W!! When I started my weight loss journey!! I've had many restarts over the years; but in June of 2012... I rolled over to get out of bed and my stomach rolled over first! THAT WAS MY BREAKING POINT!!!

Once you finally have your BREAKING POINT!!! That moment when you know that it's all up to you and no one else... You'll commit to yourself and make it happen no matter what!

Everyday is the chance to start over!
    It might take you years to get there... but you have to have DETERMINATION!!! YOU CAN AND WILL DO THIS!!!

June 6, 2012 I was wearing a size 16... and probably could've been better dressed in a size 18!

Today... I wear a size 6!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!

GOOD LUCK TO YOU GIRL!!! Get your head in the game... and you'll get there!! :wink:
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Yes :bigsmile:
  • catfive1
    catfive1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    << Size 16 (210 lbs) to Size 6 (152 lbs). It can be done! :wink:
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I was a tight 18, 230 pounds. Now I am 119 and wear a size 0-4 depending on brand names.

<
    See photos.

OP~ You can do this!! :flowerforyou:
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Don't see why not. I went from a size 18-20 to size 8. Takes patience, hardwork, patience, dedication and patience. BTW did I mention patience?
  • bobbijodmb
    bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I went from a size 26/28 to a size 12 and still shrinking daily, so yes! Lots of hardwork and dedication =) and lots of lifestyle changes, not diets
  • JocyChan
    JocyChan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I was a 14 and am now in an 8! (it is even loose fitting)

You can do it, just realize it wont happen in a month.
  • awaagner
    awaagner Posts: 4
    Options
    I was in a (very tight) 14 and am now between an 8 and a 10 -- definitely doable!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I used to be a size 20W and now I am down to a 10/12 so yes it can be done.
  • Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    You totally can! I remember "dreaming" of being in a sz 10/12...At my heaviest I was a TIGHT sz 16...Today Im in a sz 8...Hoping to get to sz 6 at my goal weight. Dream big girly! You can do anything you set your mind to :wink:
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest, I was a size 18. I got down to a size 10 through diet and cardio (took a couple of years, b/c I changed my diet slowly). At a size 10, I did NOT think it was possible for me to be any smaller. I was wrong. I am now a size 4. I started strength-training last summer, I've dropped from an 8-10ish now to a 4 since July.

Yes, it is possible. Some people aren't meant to be a size 4, BUT you'd be surprised at the huge difference weights make...I was.
  • bsdavidoff
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you. I'm a size 18 with big belly fat. When I sit I have 2 bellies that prop up my boobs. I just started 2 days ago and your luck you want to work out. I haven't got there yet. I believe it can be done you just need to motivation. Good luck