T.H.E (Trying Hard Everyday) Team 9/24-9/30/10

Options
goals.jpg

Welcome team!!

A week behind us, a new week in front of us. Some familiar faces and some new ones too!

This week, I would like to challenge each of you to set a goal. This one step - choosing a goal and sticking to it - changes everything. People with goals succeed because they know where they're going. Choose a goal that you want to reach this week. It can be drinking all your water, watching your sodium intake, exercising every day or eating all your veggies. It doesn't matter what the goal is, as long as you are commited to the challenge. Throughout the week, lets look at this 1 goal and see what we are doing. Are you struggling? Why? A goal is something you have to try for, not something that happens easily. Think about what you want to accomplish this week and why, then let us know what you are shooting for. And of course, ask for advice from your fellow teamies if you need it.

This is the new thread for the week. If you would like to weigh in and post your stats, please feel free to do so. Our weigh in days are on Fridays, however, some of us choose to measure our success by other means. You are of course welcome to do that as well. As always, please share what you feel comfortable sharing. :flowerforyou:

If anyone would like to start, (I haven't weighed in yet and will do so in the AM.)
The format is

Your ScreenName ~ SW/ GW/ CW = Total pounds lost

SW= your starting weight
GW= your goal weight
CW= current weight

Please use the quote function when posting your stats and copy the previous weigh-in and add your stats to the end of the list. This way we have a running list and it helps everyone to see everyone's results easier.

Welcome to a new week!! :0)

Replies

• HYeliab
    Options
    Thanks for keeping us going. I post my goals for this week.
    -HB
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone.. Last week not so good.. Not good at all.. this week better.. Much better.. Now I just need to exercise.. Cheeze.. it's not hard but certainly hard for me..

Okay here I go...

SW FAT/ GW 145/ CW STILL FAT - 1 LB LOL ( I CAN'T BRING MYSELF TO WRITE THE NUMBERS LOL)
  • nitag
    Options
    Hey everyone.. Last week not so good.. Not good at all.. this week better.. Much better.. Now I just need to exercise.. Cheeze.. it's not hard but certainly hard for me..

Okay here I go...

SW FAT/ GW 145/ CW STILL FAT = -1 LB LOL ( I CAN'T BRING MYSELF TO WRITE THE NUMBERS LOL)
  • journeyfan
    Options
    Hi there new to this thread and enjoy meeting new teammates!

SW/222 CW/222 GW/170 = -0 pounds lost (Just started:wink: )
  • egam
    egam Posts: 127
    Options
    nitag ~ SW FAT/ GW 145/ CW STILL FAT = -1 LB LOL ( I CAN'T BRING MYSELF TO WRITE THE NUMBERS LOL)
    journeyfan ~ SW/222 CW/222 GW/170 = -0 pounds lost (Just started:wink: )
    egam ~ SW 210/ GW 180/ CW 209 = 1 pound lost

I'm a little disappointed. I thought it would be more than that. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to try a little harder.
    My goal for this week is to get some exercise 5 out of 7 days this week. Probably in the form of running, dance and yoga. I hurt my foot alittle while ago so i had to ease up on the running but I'm getting back into it! I hope everyone else's weigh ins are going a little better!
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Kaltgelt-Good for you with the cooking. I don't cook much either, so I understand. Keep up the great work. LOL I wish I could work my butt off.

Losingit-Believe me, I understand not doing so good on ocassion. Don't forget to plan ahead, that is the best way to keep yourself accountable. You can do it!!!

Nitag-Congrats on 1 pound, that is so better than nothing. I am so with you on the numbers.

Journeyfan-Welcome.

Egam-WHOOOHOOO!!! 1 pound is AWESOME. Keep up the great work.

I am with Nitag on the numbers and I don't believe what my scale told me this morning, so there is no way that I am posting that number. I will try again tomorrow morning. I have been so good this week and I even started the TurboFire Inferno 5 day plan yesterday and I know that I am feeling lighter on my feet, so that number cannot be correct.

This morning I did TurboFire HIIT 20 Class, Fire 45 Class-New to Class and Stretch 10 Class. I tell you what, that was a lot and it did feel really good. My back is really sore in the middle from all the punches and kicks from the last 2 days. It is not like the other back pain that I had in the last 2 weeks, so I am good. This is just sore workout pain and I love it, sort of. I can say that these are really good workouts and fun at the same time. There are some moves that make it feel like a dance and others like with the punches that make it feel more like a workout. So far I love TurboFire.

Have a beautiful Friday everyone. :bigsmile:
  • kelseyleigh30
    Options
    nitag ~ SW FAT/ GW 145/ CW STILL FAT = -1 LB LOL ( I CAN'T BRING MYSELF TO WRITE THE NUMBERS LOL)
    [/quote]
  • kelseyleigh30
    Options

kaltgelt- SW/286.4 CW/285.2 GW/180= 1.2 LBS LOST SINCE TUESDAY!

I obviously don't know how to quote something. Well, I last weighed on Tuesday, but I will start weighing in on Fridays now.
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Kaltgelt-You can weigh in whichever day you prefer. If you have a routine of Tuesday's, by all means continue with that, unless you really want to change to Friday's. Have a beautiful afternoon. :bigsmile:
  • sereney
    sereney Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    journeyfan ~ SW/222 CW/222 GW/170 = -0 pounds lost (Just started )

kaltgelt- SW/286.4 CW/285.2 GW/180= 1.2 LBS LOST SINCE TUESDAY!

I obviously don't know how to quote something. Well, I last weighed on Tuesday, but I will start weighing in on Fridays now.

Sereney~ sw-155.2/ GW- 125/ cw-155 = .2 loss. At least it is something!

My goal for this week is to exercise each day. I have strarted out doing ok, went for a nice walk this morning after dropping the kiddo off to school, and tonight I am going bowling. Hopefully I can keep it up.
    Happy friday to everyone!!
  • Iffer75
    Options
    My goal for this week is to exercise each day. I have strarted out doing ok, went for a nice walk this morning after dropping the kiddo off to school, and tonight I am going bowling. Hopefully I can keep it up.

Bowling is a great workout. I miss bowling, our bowling alley burnt down about a year and a half ago and we live in a small town. I will live vicariously through you. How did you do? :bigsmile:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    journeyfan ~ SW/222 CW/222 GW/170 = -0 pounds lost (Just started )
    Kaltgelt- SW/286.4 CW/285.2 GW/180= 1.2 LBS LOST SINCE TUESDAY!
    Sereney~ sw-155.2/ GW- 125/ cw-155 = .2 loss. At least it is something!
    Losingit4Good~ SW 228/ GW 200/ CW 227= .2 loss

LMAO nitag.... my butt was feeling especially large today while I was on the back of the motorcycle. Kept telling hubby to scoot forward so I wouldnt fall off... LOL...1lbs loss is great tho!! Keep it up!!

Journey~ Happy to see you found the thread! You'll love it here... awesome group!

Egam & Keltgalt~ Congrats on another pound down!

Sereney~ right there with ya on the .2 loss! My scale said the same thing this morning and we are not friends at certain times of the month. I have a feeling thats the cause. :ohwell:

Walked for an hour, gardened for an hour and spent 2 hours on the motorcycling hanging on for dear life while hubby tried to make me fall of the back. :laugh: I gotta wear my body bug so i can see how many calories I burn hanging onto him.. :laugh: :laugh:

On a more serious note, Love the exercise every day this week goal! For me, I HAVE to get back in the habit of drinking my water. Thats been a killer for me the last few months and I lost my good water bottle so Im gonna have to go find me a new one! Will do that first thing tomorrow! My goal... to get all my water in, Everyday.

Have a great weekend everyone! :0)
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Losingit4Good~ SW 228/ GW 200/ CW 227= .2 loss

Walked for an hour, gardened for an hour and spent 2 hours on the motorcycling hanging on for dear life while hubby tried to make me fall of the back. :laugh: I gotta wear my body bug so i can see how many calories I burn hanging onto him.. :laugh: :laugh:

On a more serious note, Love the exercise every day this week goal! For me, I HAVE to get back in the habit of drinking my water. Thats been a killer for me the last few months and I lost my good water bottle so Im gonna have to go find me a new one! Will do that first thing tomorrow! My goal... to get all my water in, Everyday.

Have a great weekend everyone! :0)

A loss is a loss, so congrats. Keep up the great work. Sounds like you had a good time yesterday. Sorry to hear you lost your water bottle, I hope you find a new and maybe even better one. Have a beautiful Sunday. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Okay, I normally don't weigh myself everyday, but this weekend I have been since I am doing the 5 day inferno plan with TurboFire. I can tell you that I am feeling amazing with this program. My back is not as sore anymore and tomorrow will be even better. I am even considering doing the 12 week program instead of running like I was going to. There are pro's and cons to each idea and am not sure which way to go. I would really love to do a half-marathon by the end of the year, but I can always do it early next year. Then make a goal to finish a marathon by the end of next year. Okay, the reason for this post. I weighed myself this morning and I actually gained a pound and I am not really sure why. I worked out yesterday and I did very well with my eating. There was no cheating. Of course I know not to weigh everyday, I just wanted to see my progress with this Inferno plan. I am so frustrated. I had lost almost 45 pounds just a month or so ago and then I let myself go with stupid, stupid excuses. Then my back got hurt and blah, blah, blah. My goal all together is to lose 50 pounds, but if I could just get back to my 40 goal (my very first goal) I would at least start liking myself again. Okay, I will change my ticker with yesterday's weigh in so people can see how much more weight I have put on in the last week. I am so ashamed of myself and confused. I have done so good this last week. Working out everyday and not using a rest day and eating on target. What gives??? I won't stop moving forward, but I just don't know what else I can do to make that number on the scale to go down. I know that the scale is my enemy, but I can't help but want to know my numbers. Maybe I need to measure again. I know that will show how I am doing.

Sorry, I am just rambling on and don't know where to go from here. I hope that everyone has a beautiful Sunday. It looks like a nice one here today. :bigsmile:
  • egam
    Options
    JJ- hang in there!!!! It sounds like you are doing a fantastic job and although you are frustrated (and rightfully so), it will be even more frustrating if you stop. Remember our bodies adjust to our lifestyles and they do their best to stay put, it can take a bit of time for your body to adjust to something new. Take your measurements and hide the scale (or get your husband to) until weigh in day. Keep going and don't forget we are here for you!
  • sereney
    sereney Posts: 69 Member
    Options

Bowling is a great workout. I miss bowling, our bowling alley burnt down about a year and a half ago and we live in a small town. I will live vicariously through you. How did you do? :bigsmile:
    JJ, I did not bowl the greatest, but had a good time. I only hit my average one time ugh! Hang in there, sometimes it takes a few days for the body to adjust. Weighing in each day may become very frustrating because I think that weight fluxuates quite a bit in a week. As much as I want to jump on a scale all the time to see how I am doing, I have made it a rule to only weigh in once a week. I pick Thursday's juse because.
  • kelseyleigh30
    Options
    I hope everyone had a great weekend! So, I was thrown many temptations my way this weekend and said no to them all. This time around (trying to lose weight) I have had no urge to eat anything bad. It has been almost 3 weeks and I have not splurged once, or have I had the desire to. This is very strange for me. In the past I would allow myself to have one thing a week that I was craving, but I have had no cravings. I am not sure what to think about this. Should I give my body a treat even though I don't really want one? I guess something in me just clicked and I know I have to get healthy now, before it is too late. I am also worried that it might just click off and then I won't be able to control my cravings. I know one thing, I am not ever giving up. I want a long and healthy life and thank all of you for being so supportive and helpful!
  • egam
    Options
    Kaltgelt - That's amazing that you're feeling that way. Good for you! I'd try treating your self with something other than food. A new workout top? A new CD? A pedicure? Just a few ideas!

This weekend was not great for me. I was in Victoria for a crazy music/art/local attraction festival with my cousin and my sister. I had a really good time but I didn't really stick to my eating. I didn't have wi-fi, so I couldn't log my food. It makes it really hard to track calories and although I definitely didn't eat as much as I would have in the past, I'm pretty sure I was way over. Oh well, i guess that is the way it goes, I'll just have to get in a few extra intense workouts.

I'm so glad you guys are all out there, because I can feel my motivation starting the waver.
  • nitag
    Options
    Monday...

Goals - Stay positive and focused... Trying not to let the stresses of work make me come home and eat ... Log all food... Drink all my water.. and most importantly.. Get in all that exercise I have logged.. It is my goal...

Have a great day peeps....
  • Iffer75
    Options
    JJ- hang in there!!!! It sounds like you are doing a fantastic job and although you are frustrated (and rightfully so), it will be even more frustrating if you stop. Remember our bodies adjust to our lifestyles and they do their best to stay put, it can take a bit of time for your body to adjust to something new. Take your measurements and hide the scale (or get your husband to) until weigh in day. Keep going and don't forget we are here for you!

I think I am just going to have him hide it and never get it out again. LOL :bigsmile:

Thanx so much for the support, it truly is appreciated.