T.H.E (Trying Hard Everyday) Team 9/24-9/30/10

Options

Replies

• Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Bowling is a great workout. I miss bowling, our bowling alley burnt down about a year and a half ago and we live in a small town. I will live vicariously through you. How did you do? :bigsmile:
    JJ, I did not bowl the greatest, but had a good time. I only hit my average one time ugh! Hang in there, sometimes it takes a few days for the body to adjust. Weighing in each day may become very frustrating because I think that weight fluxuates quite a bit in a week. As much as I want to jump on a scale all the time to see how I am doing, I have made it a rule to only weigh in once a week. I pick Thursday's juse because.

I know, I normally don't weigh myself everyday and I think I have learned my lesson over the weekend to not do that again. GRRR!!! :bigsmile:

At least you had fun bowling, that is what is important, plus it is a great workout. Keep up the great work.
  • kelseyleigh30
    Options
    So, I took egam's advice and went a new pair of bike shorts and a new water bottle! Thanks for the idea!
  • egam
    egam Posts: 127
    Options
    Yay kaltgeit!!! That sound so great! I'm glad I could give a good suggestion!
  • sereney
    sereney Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hello all!
    Just dropping by for a quick second. Have kept up with exercising each day so far. I hope I can keep it up. I found a great walking trail and it is marked out how long you walk. 3 miles today total. It felt great! I am thinking I need an ipod or something for music, so that is my next purchase. Help all is going well for everyone. I am off to bed early. Got a long day ahead of me. :)
  • kelseyleigh30
    Options
    bump for later
  • Iffer75
    Options
    I hope everyone had a great weekend! So, I was thrown many temptations my way this weekend and said no to them all. This time around (trying to lose weight) I have had no urge to eat anything bad. It has been almost 3 weeks and I have not splurged once, or have I had the desire to. This is very strange for me. In the past I would allow myself to have one thing a week that I was craving, but I have had no cravings. I am not sure what to think about this. Should I give my body a treat even though I don't really want one? I guess something in me just clicked and I know I have to get healthy now, before it is too late. I am also worried that it might just click off and then I won't be able to control my cravings. I know one thing, I am not ever giving up. I want a long and healthy life and thank all of you for being so supportive and helpful!

I agree with Egam, find a different way to treat yourself. A new pair of jeans, a mani/pedi or even a workout video. If you are not craving any foods, then I wouldn't eat something you don't want to. You are doing great, keep up the good work. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    This weekend was not great for me. I was in Victoria for a crazy music/art/local attraction festival with my cousin and my sister. I had a really good time but I didn't really stick to my eating. I didn't have wi-fi, so I couldn't log my food. It makes it really hard to track calories and although I definitely didn't eat as much as I would have in the past, I'm pretty sure I was way over. Oh well, i guess that is the way it goes, I'll just have to get in a few extra intense workouts.

I'm so glad you guys are all out there, because I can feel my motivation starting the waver.

It is definitely okay to over indulge every now and again. Just know that today is a new day. This weekend is the past and you are now moving forward. You are right though, maybe an extra workout would help too. You are doing AWESOME, keep up the great work. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Monday...

Goals - Stay positive and focused... Trying not to let the stresses of work make me come home and eat ... Log all food... Drink all my water.. and most importantly.. Get in all that exercise I have logged.. It is my goal...

Have a great day peeps....

How did you do yesterday? :drinker:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Hello all!
    Just dropping by for a quick second. Have kept up with exercising each day so far. I hope I can keep it up. I found a great walking trail and it is marked out how long you walk. 3 miles today total. It felt great! I am thinking I need an ipod or something for music, so that is my next purchase. Help all is going well for everyone. I am off to bed early. Got a long day ahead of me. :)

an iPod would be a great idea for long trails. I got mine from Wal-Mart just under $50.00 and it holds 900 songs. Keep up the great work. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Okay, I decided to start the 12 week TurboFire program and 12 week Half-Marathon training at the same time. I know INSANE!!! I really think that I can do it. Yesterday I did 3 workouts and did pretty good. I can say I was pretty much done with the last bit of TurboFire last nite. I did do one workout in the morning and did the other with strength training last nite. I am very glad that today is a Rest day. Tomorrow I will be running 2 miles and doing HIIT 15 with Stretch 10. That is definitely doable.

I do think I might be coming down with a cold and I really can't afford for that to happen now that I am finally back into a groove. I will try to get to bed early tonite and make sure to drink tons of water (which I am use to) and hopefully tomorrow morning I will be feeling better.

Keep up the AWESOME work everyone. :bigsmile:
  • egam
    egam Posts: 127
    Options
    The September cold has hit me too JJ! It sucks, big time! And when I get sick my breathing always gets really bad, so working out becomes frustrating! I've got tap tonight and I think I'm going to stick to yoga and power yoga untill this things clears up.
  • ragarza1
    Options
    Hello ladies and Gents-

Sorry I fell off the group in July, we were supposed to be moving to japan and be there already and with all the packing i fell off, well guess what...WE'RE STILL NOT IN JAPAN! so much paper work fell through the cracks but hopefully by the end of this month we'll be there and i can find out how much weight I gained stressing out over everything and i can get my act together and get back on track. Just wanted to let you know that i'm still alive :) I'll try and pop in from time to time so i don't lose out on everyones success!
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone had a great weekend! So, I was thrown many temptations my way this weekend and said no to them all. This time around (trying to lose weight) I have had no urge to eat anything bad. It has been almost 3 weeks and I have not splurged once, or have I had the desire to. This is very strange for me. In the past I would allow myself to have one thing a week that I was craving, but I have had no cravings. I am not sure what to think about this. Should I give my body a treat even though I don't really want one? I guess something in me just clicked and I know I have to get healthy now, before it is too late. I am also worried that it might just click off and then I won't be able to control my cravings. I know one thing, I am not ever giving up. I want a long and healthy life and thank all of you for being so supportive and helpful!

My advice on this...

If you arent craving it, don't bother. Usually I crave junk when I eat junk, so if you eat junk... your body is going to want more of it. If you can get by without it, GREAT! BUT... don't deprive yourself either. If you really want to have a dessert, find a good healthy option and go for it. Don't tell yourself you CANT have it, just be mindful about how much, how often and you will be fine. I think its AWESOME that you don't have cravings, but it won't last forever. Love it while it lasts!! :0)
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Okay, I normally don't weigh myself everyday, but this weekend I have been since I am doing the 5 day inferno plan with TurboFire. I can tell you that I am feeling amazing with this program. My back is not as sore anymore and tomorrow will be even better. I am even considering doing the 12 week program instead of running like I was going to. There are pro's and cons to each idea and am not sure which way to go. I would really love to do a half-marathon by the end of the year, but I can always do it early next year. Then make a goal to finish a marathon by the end of next year. Okay, the reason for this post. I weighed myself this morning and I actually gained a pound and I am not really sure why. I worked out yesterday and I did very well with my eating. There was no cheating. Of course I know not to weigh everyday, I just wanted to see my progress with this Inferno plan. I am so frustrated. I had lost almost 45 pounds just a month or so ago and then I let myself go with stupid, stupid excuses. Then my back got hurt and blah, blah, blah. My goal all together is to lose 50 pounds, but if I could just get back to my 40 goal (my very first goal) I would at least start liking myself again. Okay, I will change my ticker with yesterday's weigh in so people can see how much more weight I have put on in the last week. I am so ashamed of myself and confused. I have done so good this last week. Working out everyday and not using a rest day and eating on target. What gives??? I won't stop moving forward, but I just don't know what else I can do to make that number on the scale to go down. I know that the scale is my enemy, but I can't help but want to know my numbers. Maybe I need to measure again. I know that will show how I am doing.

Sorry, I am just rambling on and don't know where to go from here. I hope that everyone has a beautiful Sunday. It looks like a nice one here today. :bigsmile:

JJ... you are officially banned from weighing in everyday...:noway:

I know, I know... Its hard to stay off when you are working yer butt off and hoping to see results right away, but lets be real here. Grab your tape measure and see whats up. You could be holding water, you could be gaining more muscle... but we both know that you did NOT gain a pound of fat... so relax! Put that dang scale away and stay off of it until FRIDAY! :laugh: :laugh:

Oh... and btw... I discovered that if I wear my sports bra that weighs a whole 4oz while I weigh in, my scale says I weigh 3lbs more than when I weigh with it OFF!! How messed up is THAT?! :laugh::noway: :laugh:
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Hello ladies and Gents-

Sorry I fell off the group in July, we were supposed to be moving to japan and be there already and with all the packing i fell off, well guess what...WE'RE STILL NOT IN JAPAN! so much paper work fell through the cracks but hopefully by the end of this month we'll be there and i can find out how much weight I gained stressing out over everything and i can get my act together and get back on track. Just wanted to let you know that i'm still alive :) I'll try and pop in from time to time so i don't lose out on everyones success!

Wow, bet you cant wait until you're finally done with this move!
    We look forward to having you come back!!! Have a safe trip!
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Hey everyone...

So... I was right. Good ole aunt flo came a visitin on Monday which is why my scale didnt move very much this last week. Way to much water retention. Oh well!! Anyway.. I aint letting her stop me from getting my walking in. I walked 5 miles yesterday and 3miles today. I thought I was gonna die last night after I got home. My back hurt so bad because of all the water retention and I ended up taking a motrin and going to bed early. I had to get up early this morning to take our dog to the vet and when I walked outside at 7am I swear it was already a good 70 degrees. It was so humid and muggy! Really wierd weather for here this time of year. Anyways...I had a date with some friends to walk this morning, and I almost cancelled due to my abs and back being stiff, but when I called her to see how close she was to the park she said she was already there so I felt guilty and zoomed out to meet her.. LOL I was glad I did, because by the time the walk was done, I felt better. Sticky from the humidity, but definitely felt better.

SO... thats 2 days down.....by the time this week is over I should have 17 miles walked. :0)

Still struggling with my water. Mostly I just have to keep reminding myself to drink it. Havent gotten a new bottle yet but I will tomorrow morning for sure. If the weather is as warm tomorrow as it was today, I'll need it in the morning for my walk.
  • Iffer75
    Options
    The September cold has hit me too JJ! It sucks, big time! And when I get sick my breathing always gets really bad, so working out becomes frustrating! I've got tap tonight and I think I'm going to stick to yoga and power yoga untill this things clears up.

I hope you feel better tonite for tap. That sounds like a lot of fun. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Hello ladies and Gents-

I pray for safe travels for you and your family. Can't wait to hear about your many adventures over seas. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    JJ... you are officially banned from weighing in everyday...:noway:

I know, I know... Its hard to stay off when you are working yer butt off and hoping to see results right away, but lets be real here. Grab your tape measure and see whats up. You could be holding water, you could be gaining more muscle... but we both know that you did NOT gain a pound of fat... so relax! Put that dang scale away and stay off of it until FRIDAY! :laugh: :laugh:

Oh... and btw... I discovered that if I wear my sports bra that weighs a whole 4oz while I weigh in, my scale says I weigh 3lbs more than when I weigh with it OFF!! How messed up is THAT?! :laugh::noway: :laugh:

LOL, thanx for that. I know not to do it, but that darn scale was calling my name. GRRRRR!!!!! :mad:

I will now only weigh once a week, let's say Saturday mornings. I have really been working my bootie off and I really want those darn results, but I will do my best to not get upset. You are right about the measurements. I can tell you that my jeans are fitting better today. That is a definite plus. :drinker:

I always weigh first thing in the morning with no clothes on after I use the restroom. I have been told that is the best time to do it, so I stick with that. Take that bra off girl. :tongue:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Hey everyone...

So... I was right. Good ole aunt flo came a visitin on Monday which is why my scale didnt move very much this last week. Way to much water retention. Oh well!! Anyway.. I aint letting her stop me from getting my walking in. I walked 5 miles yesterday and 3miles today. I thought I was gonna die last night after I got home. My back hurt so bad because of all the water retention and I ended up taking a motrin and going to bed early. I had to get up early this morning to take our dog to the vet and when I walked outside at 7am I swear it was already a good 70 degrees. It was so humid and muggy! Really wierd weather for here this time of year. Anyways...I had a date with some friends to walk this morning, and I almost cancelled due to my abs and back being stiff, but when I called her to see how close she was to the park she said she was already there so I felt guilty and zoomed out to meet her.. LOL I was glad I did, because by the time the walk was done, I felt better. Sticky from the humidity, but definitely felt better.

SO... thats 2 days down.....by the time this week is over I should have 17 miles walked. :0)

Still struggling with my water. Mostly I just have to keep reminding myself to drink it. Havent gotten a new bottle yet but I will tomorrow morning for sure. If the weather is as warm tomorrow as it was today, I'll need it in the morning for my walk.

Isn't it amazing how much you feel better after your workout, even when you didn't want to do it in the first place? Most of the time when I feel I don't want to workout, I press play for at least 10 mins and by then I want to finish because I feel so much better. Good for you for getting out there and walking. Keep up the great work. :bigsmile: