A question for all you MEN!!!!!! (From a chick)

13»

Replies

• Just a side note-- I have three daughters and a wife. 2 Granddaughters. 2 Sisters. 3 Sister-in-Laws. 4 nieces. My boss is a woman.

I am surrounded by women and I still don't have a freakin' clue.

You crack me up! But you know, I don't think any person REALLY has a clue what is going on in another persons head. And its smart to recognize that and accept things as they are.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Thank you guys for all you're imput..

He said he was "sick" on Thursday, and he want's to go out again this Tuesday.. What I don't understand I guess is why he wants to keep going out, if he doesn't want a relationship.. But maybe he will change his mind. I know I shouldn't be out LOOKING for a relationship, and yes I know that I am still young. Yes I got married at 19, and the man I married ended up being physically, mentally, and verbally abusive. So I was STRONG enough at 22 years old to leave him. I know I should give myself time to heal, but I miss having someone there.

But yeah, you are all right. And my son is the most important thing in my life, and he is my best lil friend, so I try and focus and do what's best for him, but at the same time, I miss having a man in my life too.. Oh well, I guess I will keep on doing what I do, and focusing on my son, school and work, and forget about boys, and then maybe one will come one day..
    Unfortunately, sometimes we aren't asked to help define the rules of the game. Sometimes our only choice is to play or not to play.

Believe me; there's a guy out there right now thinking "How come she doesn't notice me?"
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Thank you guys for all you're imput..

He said he was "sick" on Thursday, and he want's to go out again this Tuesday.. What I don't understand I guess is why he wants to keep going out, if he doesn't want a relationship.. But maybe he will change his mind. I know I shouldn't be out LOOKING for a relationship, and yes I know that I am still young. Yes I got married at 19, and the man I married ended up being physically, mentally, and verbally abusive. So I was STRONG enough at 22 years old to leave him. I know I should give myself time to heal, but I miss having someone there.

But yeah, you are all right. And my son is the most important thing in my life, and he is my best lil friend, so I try and focus and do what's best for him, but at the same time, I miss having a man in my life too.. Oh well, I guess I will keep on doing what I do, and focusing on my son, school and work, and forget about boys, and then maybe one will come one day..

When you're used to having someone there, it's tough to not have someone there. I'm going through something similar myself. But you need to know that you will get over that feeling with time. You get used to being "alone" after a while, and that's a really good thing to learn. Because once you know you can do it, you're less likely to settle for less than you're worth just to have a warm body next to you.
  • I don't understand why women are answering this question. They really have no clue as to how men think...they just think they do.

I was married for 15 years, and then my wife left. I began dating again, so I know what it's like out there. First, let me say that when I was young and single, I wasn't out for sex....not every guy is, so ladies, give that a rest. Also, all men are not scumbags.....we get that rap because some guys are just out for sex and that ruins it for the rest of us.

To answer your question, there are many possible explanations for his comment about not wanting a relationship, but the main reason is because he's not into you like that. He may like you and enjoy your company, but he finds something about you lacking. Whatever that something is, he knows that it makes him not want to be in a relationship with you. One thing I've found out at my age....women need men but men don't need women.

Another reason.....he doesn't want to get serious. See, women always want to get serious if they like the guy, but men don't necessarily want to get serious. Women always complain that guys don't want to make a commitment....well, gee, I wonder why? Let me see....the guy is presently single, his only cares are working and paying his bills. He can come and go as he pleases, he doesn't have to answer to anyone, he can hang with the guys all he wants, and he can spend his money on whatever he wants to. Let's look at married life....he can't spend his money on whatever he wants to, he has to answer to his wife, he can't hang with his friends anymore, he can't come home when he pleases, his net worth has dropped significantly. He is in debt up to his neck what with paying for the house that his wife wants, the second car that she needs to drive, her clothes, any kids they might have, putting up with her parents, etc, etc., etc. Gee, I can't imagine why that would scare off a guy.(duh!)

You are only 23, so enjoy your own life, make your life a success, and if the right guy comes along, then go for it, but don't grab whoever comes along and hope that he wants a relationship with you. That is not how to be successful in life or to have a successful relationship.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    I don't understand why women are answering this question. They really have no clue as to how men think...they just think they do.

I was married for 15 years, and then my wife left. I began dating again, so I know what it's like out there. First, let me say that when I was young and single, I wasn't out for sex....not every guy is, so ladies, give that a rest. Also, all men are not scumbags.....we get that rap because some guys are just out for sex and that ruins it for the rest of us.

To answer your question, there are many possible explanations for his comment about not wanting a relationship, but the main reason is because he's not into you like that. He may like you and enjoy your company, but he finds something about you lacking. Whatever that something is, he knows that it makes him not want to be in a relationship with you. One thing I've found out at my age....women need men but men don't need women.

Another reason.....he doesn't want to get serious. See, women always want to get serious if they like the guy, but men don't necessarily want to get serious. Women always complain that guys don't want to make a commitment....well, gee, I wonder why? Let me see....the guy is presently single, his only cares are working and paying his bills. He can come and go as he pleases, he doesn't have to answer to anyone, he can hang with the guys all he wants, and he can spend his money on whatever he wants to. Let's look at married life....he can't spend his money on whatever he wants to, he has to answer to his wife, he can't hang with his friends anymore, he can't come home when he pleases, his net worth has dropped significantly. He is in debt up to his neck what with paying for the house that his wife wants, the second car that she needs to drive, her clothes, any kids they might have, putting up with her parents, etc, etc., etc. Gee, I can't imagine why that would scare off a guy.(duh!)

You are only 23, so enjoy your own life, make your life a success, and if the right guy comes along, then go for it, but don't grab whoever comes along and hope that he wants a relationship with you. That is not how to be successful in life or to have a successful relationship.

This post is funny. You state that women shouldn't answer because we know nothing about how men think ... Then proceed to say almost exactly what I (a woman) said.

Cute.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    I don't understand why women are answering this question. They really have no clue as to how men think...they just think they do.

This post is funny. You state that women shouldn't answer because we know nothing about how men think ... Then proceed to say almost exactly what I (a woman) said.

Cute.

I may not be a man but I am surrounded by them and have learned quite a bit in my life. Yet hate to burst your manly bubble the percentage of men chasing sex is a lot higher the the ones that aren't especially when your a 20 something year old guy, he may not want to get serious for the simple fact that she has a child already, or he may just want to have some fun with her but then fun with someone else with no consequence of hearing nagging, It could also be that he is busy himself and wants to do things on his terms. What needs to be done is ask him why. Maybe he doesn't want to be the rebound guy. There could be a number of different reasons. But like I said before "He's just not that into you" So you take that and keep it moving because it's really not that serious when there are so many guys out there. I don't understand why people can't be single and enjoy life without someone instead of always searching for a mr right or a mr.rightnow!

Then again if I just came out of a relationship I wouldn't be looking for one either but thats just me. I would focus on the most important things in my life especially if it was a ****ty relationship that I came out of gotta work on yourself before you make an attempt at another relationship
This discussion has been closed.