Replies

• tegalicious
    tegalicious Posts: 629
    It's ok, I think we got away with it.
    nwwwahm

Phew. That was close!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    The reason why I recommend this diet is because it is easy to follow, and it is great for people who wish to have a diet with portion control. Also, I believe that this shake touches all the nutrients you need and all you need is the ingredients and a blender to make it.

I think you completely miss the point of portion control.

Portion control is not to make dieting convenient...... portion control is learning to MANITAIN any weight you have lost.

This is why SlimFast has so many repeat customers.......they have to lose weight over & over again.
  • tegalicious
    The reason why I recommend this diet is because it is easy to follow, and it is great for people who wish to have a diet with portion control. Also, I believe that this shake touches all the nutrients you need and all you need is the ingredients and a blender to make it.

I think you completely miss the point of portion control.

Portion control is not to make dieting convenient...... portion control is learning to MANITAIN any weight you have lost.

This is why SlimFast has so many repeat customers.......they have to lose weight over & over again.

Nope. Kitteh gifs. Doggeh gifs. Assorted animal gifs. That is all that matters Noe.
  • KinoM
    KinoM Posts: 359 Member
    Balanced Diet Raccoon says, eat actual food!
    lyamz9b
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    You blend these ingredients into a smoothy:

1 cup of 1% milk
    1 scoop of chocolate whey protein
    1/2 cup of Quaker quick oats
    1 medium banana

This drink tastes good because the chocolate from the whey protein compliments the taste of the banana. I also believe that all these ingredients together gives all the nutrients needed to survive like vitamin A from the milk for instance. If you have this shake three times a day, you should intake about 1500 calories or so, which makes it a good number for the amount of calories you should have in a day also. This shake diet would be great if you wish to shed off like 40 pounds or so. This three shake diet also goes in line with the fact that you are suppose to drink about 3 glasses of milk a day. Any compliments? Thanks in advance.

What if I want to lose 62 lbs and drop 6 sizes? Oh wait. I DID that. With AWESOME food, water and targeted training. I even had BEER once in a while. And dark chocolate. Bacon - don't forget bacon.

No MAGIC shakes required. It's Life. In it for the long haul. Change up habits and behaviors and find a way of eating and moving that works for LIFE. it's not a diet you go on and off. ENJOY it! Life. : )

And bacon : )
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    We really appreciate the new attempts to respond to OP's "compliment bait", but since the troll has sorta gone away, we prefer fun gifs now. Thx! :wink: :smile: :wink:
  • cheripugh1
    cheripugh1 Posts: 357 Member
    How about making your weight loss diet just like your planned maintenance diet but in smaller portions?

Worth having a browse through the maintaining weight forum and you will see big differences in how easy or difficult people find the transition to maintenance. Do you think people following a hare-brained exclusion diet find maintenance easier than people who lost their weight eating foods they enjoy in an appropriate quantity?

Food for thought.....

You make a good point. But the thing is that right now I don't really have a maintenance diet plan and I thought that when I reach my goal, I just have to make sure I go below a certain amount of calories and I should be fine. You make it seem so easy.

So in other words YOU have no idea IF this works, how your body reacts to it (energy levels, hunger issues etc) or how to maintain the loss.... so once again you are like many who want to justify a liquid diet... sure they worked 20 years ago UNDER DR. supervision but obviously not over the long term because no everyday normal eating of solids was taught, you said Oprah did it, well hmm sure did pay off in the long haul didn't? what diet is she on now?
  • tegalicious
    lyamz9b

"I'll just have one of these and one of these and a few of these and just.... OM NOM NOM ALL THE FOODS"
  • tegalicious
    *pounds table* KITTEH GIFS! DOGGEH GIFS! ANIMAL GIFS! GIFS OF ANY NATURE!

...and a whole lot less actual responding to op. Thanks!!
  • ruffnstuff
    *pounds table* KITTEH GIFS! DOGGEH GIFS! ANIMAL GIFS! GIFS OF ANY NATURE!

...and a whole lot less actual responding to op. Thanks!!

4 realzz
  • jmill434
    jmill434 Posts: 25 Member

Can I have a bowl of oatmeal a banana and a cup of milk? or is that not the same thing...

No, it's the synergistic integration of the ingredients that help you lose 40 lbs. Alone, each of the ingredients is rendered powerless.;)
  • KinoM
    Quadzilla
    qyw3pt8
  • ruffnstuff
    KinoM...our gif guru...where did you go? You were our savior when we are in a place where we can't post our own gifs. We need you...come back..
  • ruffnstuff
    Quadzilla
    qyw3pt8

YAY!!! You were just gif surfing. :flowerforyou:
  • tegalicious
    Quadzilla
    qyw3pt8

Oh yeah!!!
  • tegalicious

Can I have a bowl of oatmeal a banana and a cup of milk? or is that not the same thing...

No, it's the synergistic integration of the ingredients that help you lose 40 lbs. Alone, each of the ingredients is rendered powerless.;)

*hits you with a tiny ham*

NO! GIFS! ONLY GIFS!
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    lyamz9b

"I'll just have one of these and one of these and a few of these and just.... OM NOM NOM ALL THE FOODS"

^^THIS...this made me smile!
  • KinoM
    Ok, I'm outta here. Have fun without me kids.
    oqw3wbc
    ouwvqwd
  • allbarrett
    allbarrett Posts: 159 Member
    I agree, but all I really wanted was some compliments for my idea, that is all. Too many assumptions and exaggerations in this thread.

And herein lies your problem. You weren't asking for advice, you want compliments. On this site, very few people are going to compliment a bad idea that is going to result in malnutrition (hint: most people here want to be healthy, not just lighter).

Oh, and piling onto the troll: I would rather slit my own throat than drink three shakes per day and try to pretend that it is "food".
  • ruffnstuff
    Ok, I'm outta here. Have fun without me kids.
    oqw3wbc
    ouwvqwd

NOOOOOOOO!! Come back to us, Kino!

Ok, well, you might have a life. Nice way to exit, though, with "Mayor" Ford.