• MyPureSteez
    MyPureSteez Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    cut off your leg
  • iAmStarStuff27
    iAmStarStuff27 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    cut your leg off

how's the OP going to drive to the barefoot berry squashing festival in 2 months?!
  • SoreTodayStrongTomorrow222
    Options
    cut off your leg

^ yes, this.
  • bevanderhill
    bevanderhill Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The ONLY way you could lose 50 lbs in 2 months is if you basically turn yourself into a biggest loser. Start by going to your doctor to get a physical and get cleared for exercise. Then get a personal trainer and a gym membership. You will eat about 1200 calories a day and work out intensely for at least 4 hours a day. Your personal trainer can help you figure out how hard you should be working out and for how long and also what you should be eating. During this time don't plan on working for more than 20 hours a week and the personal trainer will cost you big bucks. When you reach your goal you will need to be very careful that you don't immediately gain the weight back. Your entire life for the next 2 months needs to revolve around your weight loss. This obviously is a difficult thing to do. If you can't do all of this you need to decide now to start losing weight and what ever weight you are at in 2 months is okay. Then keep going until you lose that 50 lbs even if it takes 50 months. Start now.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Send your love to the only page on Facebook giving you Nutritional Facts straight from the curriculum Nutrition Exposed https://www.facebook.com/nutritionxposed?notif_t=page_new_likes

Stop spamming the forum with this. It's against the guidelines.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    The ONLY way you could lose 50 lbs in 2 months is if you basically turn yourself into a biggest loser. Start by going to your doctor to get a physical and get cleared for exercise. Then get a personal trainer and a gym membership. You will eat about 1200 calories a day and work out intensely for at least 4 hours a day. Your personal trainer can help you figure out how hard you should be working out and for how long and also what you should be eating. During this time don't plan on working for more than 20 hours a week and the personal trainer will cost you big bucks. When you reach your goal you will need to be very careful that you don't immediately gain the weight back. Your entire life for the next 2 months needs to revolve around your weight loss. This obviously is a difficult thing to do. If you can't do all of this you need to decide now to start losing weight and what ever weight you are at in 2 months is okay. Then keep going until you lose that 50 lbs even if it takes 50 months. Start now.

Even if they do all that they'll still never lose it all in 2 months.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Depends on your initial weight, height, sex, and activity level. Most likely, it is either impossible or highly not recommended; if, however, you are morbidly obese, young, tall male it may be possible to do it with an aggressive weight reduction regimen. Even then, I would not recommend it.
  • msbumba
    msbumba Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I suppose if you REALLY want to get rid of the weight that quick you could do a 60 day juice fast?
    Definitely get a check up from your doctor before hand.
    Only reason why I say this is because I recently watched Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead.
    Australian guy does a 60 day juice fast while going on a road trip through the states.
    He lost around 60 pounds and was even able to stop taking all his medication for his skin condition.

It's possible but extremely difficult.

Personally, I would take it slow and steady :) No one should be in that much of a hurry to shed the pounds.
  • treasuremapper
    treasuremapper Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    There are ways, if you are very obese, you an go on a medically supervised fast using a product like HRM or Medifast. I am not recommending it, since regain is a risk, but it has been done.
  • tgmichelleee
    tgmichelleee Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I was once in your shoes, I totally get it. You already know that its a simple equation of diet and exercise BUT 2 lbs a week is too slow. There have been many people who've lost massive amount of weight in a short time so why not you? There's an event or a person you have to lose weight for so time right now is of the essence.
    So I'll give you some advice:

First I'll tell you what you want to hear.
    What worked for ME when I was in your position:

Running will help burn all that off and combine that with high intensity cardio and strength training, good stuff.
    Drink lots of fluids, half your body weight (in lbs) in ounces a day through out the day.
    As for diet, lots of [raw] fruits and veggies (lots of grapefruit), high protein low carb, no dairy.
    Green tea in the morning to start the day, cut out the coffee.

Easily get down 15 lbs in 2 weeks.

Now to add in some reality:
    As the queen of yo yo and quick weight loss let me tell you that it will not last. You'll lose weight, hit week 2 and reach a plateau and/or accidentally fall off, lose motivation, and binge for a week or two. A month later you'll be back where you started (and possibly a little heavier). You'll start back up again and have to lose 50lbs in only 1 month and start the process again.
    I know you really don't care right now, and if so just take the above advice because I know you really want that weight off by then.
    But as someone who's been there let me say that I would much rather have lost 20 lbs in 2 months and be 30 lbs short in a healthy way than try to lose 50 lbs the quick way and fail and gain some on top of that.

Because of that I now struggle with a binge eating disorder and gained 30-40lbs just trying to lose weight the quick way.

But again your choice.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I was once in your shoes, I totally get it. You already know that its a simple equation of diet and exercise BUT 2 lbs a week is too slow. There have been many people who've lost massive amount of weight in a short time so why not you? There's an event or a person you have to lose weight for so time right now is of the essence.
    So I'll give you some advice:

First I'll tell you what you want to hear.
    What worked for ME when I was in your position:

Running will help burn all that off and combine that with high intensity cardio and strength training, good stuff.
    Drink lots of fluids, half your body weight (in lbs) in ounces a day through out the day.
    As for diet, lots of [raw] fruits and veggies (lots of grapefruit), high protein low carb, no dairy.
    Green tea in the morning to start the day, cut out the coffee.

Easily get down 15 lbs in 2 weeks.

Now to add in some reality:
    As the queen of yo yo and quick weight loss let me tell you that it will not last. You'll lose weight, hit week 2 and reach a plateau and/or accidentally fall off, lose motivation, and binge for a week or two. A month later you'll be back where you started (and possibly a little heavier). You'll start back up again and have to lose 50lbs in only 1 month and start the process again.
    I know you really don't care right now, and if so just take the above advice because I know you really want that weight off by then.
    But as someone who's been there let me say that I would much rather have lost 20 lbs in 2 months and be 30 lbs short in a healthy way than try to lose 50 lbs the quick way and fail and gain some on top of that.

Because of that I now struggle with a binge eating disorder and gained 30-40lbs just trying to lose weight the quick way.

But again your choice.

This speaks volumes. Great imput--and it's the truth.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a really heavy haircut you can get rid off, you are dreaming....