bump
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    bump
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I want to say I have read this before, but I have reread it again.... Thanks Banks. It is so useful and reassuring when you are trying your best. As my hubby says... you're doing it and you should be proud. :happy:
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    .........bUMp........
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    bumping for the new crowd
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Bumped for newbies
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Excellent info ....thanks for yet another great post Banks:drinker:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I'm self bumping because I like this post, and I've seen a lot of people lately maxing their goals when they really shouldn't be!
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    You realize that, unless you are a 280 lb 6 foot 8 inch giant, that's not the right place to be, right?

Heck yeah!!! 6'11" 280 giant. Woot! :smile:
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    You realize that, unless you are a 280 lb 6 foot 8 inch giant, that's not the right place to be, right?

LOL! the exception that proves the rule. You, my friend, need not adhere to this topic. :tongue:
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options

LOL! the exception that proves the rule. You, my friend, need not adhere to this topic. :tongue:

funny thing is that I weighed in at 280.00 on the dot yesterday. At my worst I was around 310-315 or about 70-75 pounds overweight.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    doing the banksy bump.........
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    doing the banksy bump.........

gotta put in the picture lady!

bump.gif
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump,,,

Thanks for this. Good info. I think I'm close to this and should adjust intake up a bit.

However,,, the BMI thing is funky as usual. I have an absolutely freakish build. I have a 44" chest and a 36" abdomen. My calipers say I'm around 17% bodyfat - so unless I'm heading for Michael Phelps cut I'm probably down to my last 10 pounds.

My BMI is 32.2. I'm still 15 pounds above obese,,, The top end of "Healthy" for my height is 15 pounds below my lean body mass. Can't get there without cutting a huge amount of muscle, and I ain't doing it. I've lost 6 or 8 pounds of lean now...
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    Bumpity bump,,,

Thanks for this. Good info. I think I'm close to this and should adjust intake up a bit.

However,,, the BMI thing is funky as usual. I have an absolutely freakish build. I have a 44" chest and a 36" abdomen. My calipers say I'm around 17% bodyfat - so unless I'm heading for Michael Phelps cut I'm probably down to my last 10 pounds.

My BMI is 32.2. I'm still 15 pounds above obese,,, The top end of "Healthy" for my height is 15 pounds below my lean body mass. Can't get there without cutting a huge amount of muscle, and I ain't doing it. I've lost 6 or 8 pounds of lean now...

yeah, even though I use BMI, I'm not a huge fan of it, especially for men with an athletic build, it's always off, usually high. 17% body fat is great Casper! I agree with you, I don't think you need to lose any more weight at all, BF% is definitly what you want to be focused on at this point IMHO.
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    oh well, i like my 1000 calorie day deficit and I feel satisfied at the end of the day....i'm never tired and have plenty of energy.....so i'm sticking with what makes my body feel good...as of lately i have gone into the 1200's and 1300's but by the end of the day i feel bloated and too full...
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    oh well, i like my 1000 calorie day deficit and I feel satisfied at the end of the day....i'm never tired and have plenty of energy.....so i'm sticking with what makes my body feel good...as of lately i have gone into the 1200's and 1300's but by the end of the day i feel bloated and too full...

Maybe your the exception to the rule. :flowerforyou:
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    bumping for the main content ...
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    ok so I self bump! What about it? :tongue:
  • Mookz0r
    Mookz0r Posts: 143
    Options
    SO, if my bmi is 25.7 :grumble: , then I should at least be eating the recommended 1370 cals a day? I am doing that and eating exercise calories... Today makes the 4th week on mfp, but it makes the 2nd week of eating what I"m supposed to. I'm not shrinking, but I'll give it more time, I guess!
    I had lost 30-40 pounds years ago and still feel like ANdre the giant, so that's probably why i think i need to be on an extremely low calorie plan. If I ate say 1200 calories and worked out for a long period of time, would it take my body a long time to figure out when to start losing the extra calories I'm eating now? I mean, I saw what I should eat to maintain and flipped! I've maintained for years on bird food...not working obviously:frown: . Since realizing my BMR and such, I've NEVER gone above 1400 NET calories. Should I try one day a week of high intake to prove that I'll feed my body or just stay at the 1370 NET calories to lose? So far, nothing lost. ????? THanks for continuing to help us!! I am soooo tired of crying over this problem. I AM very disciplined and dedicated so I don't understand the problem.

I was at 26.7 or something and MFP suggested 1350... I thought that was too low and moved it up to 1450. I've been sticking to it pretty much and yes, my weight loss seems to have plateau'd, sooo... I'll be bumping it up again to 1550, cos I lost 9lb at that intake over 5 weeks.