PLANT STRONG - ANYONE?

Options
Is anyone here Plant Strong? What exactly is that, you ask?

In short, eating Plant Strong means you eat all the things that grow from the ground, you've eliminated processed foods (which include white flour and all oils), you've cut sugar, and you've cut all animal products (which include meat, dairy, and cheeses).

For me, I've lost an average of 2 lbs. a week, effortlessly, with no exercise, and my body is responding wildly. I wake up feeling bright eyed and bushy tailed, my nails are strong like talons (for the first time in my life), my digestion is like clockwork, and my spider veins are gone!!! My skin glows, and my cellulite is withering away.

Why don't we all eat like our ancient ancestors of 65,000,000 years ago? We've evolved to eat nothing but processed junk and overwhelm our organs with animal products.

I'm looking for those to jump on a whole foods, plant-based diet with me. I'm 3 months deep, and too many of you are struggling to lose weight, and you're hungry in the process.

Please feel free to see my food diary. Your interest keeps me motivated!!!

Replies

• Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Whole foods plant based right here. You are will be a welcome change of pace to the "gotta get your protein bro" crowd on MFP.
  • LunaZuriel
    LunaZuriel Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I can't wait till Spring/summer starts so I can get my veggie garden up and running again. I did Plant Strong my first go around and lost 40 some odd pounds and have been stuck on the same weight for almost half a year, I need to do Plant Strong again to continue losing weight. I'm with you on this.
  • MissMonicaC
    MissMonicaC Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I just wrote a post.. Called hard time.. And I am eating vegan and dropping massive amounts right now. 14 pounds in 9 days.. Mostly water weight I know, but still motivating for sure. Are you including grains? And allow nuts/seeds.. If I could get any info on how much your eating and of what that would be helpful. While I enjoy a big bowl of greens every couple of days, I prefer to juice or smoothie them up as I get tired of eating them all of the time.. Thanx so much
  • sprocketism
    sprocketism Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I will totally eat anything that grows from the ground, but sometimes, they can be heavy on the calorie side. In order for me to lose weight, and God knows I like to eat, I consume more of the low calorie foods to fill up. But here and there, I have to have my beans and nuts for variety and because they're so darn good!!

Once I get to my weight loss goal, then I plan to get back to hummus, and plant-strong pizzas, and mad amounts of avocado :heart:

Welcome all you awesome, plant-strong people!!!
  • sprocketism
    Options
    That's great! Thank you!!
  • sprocketism
    Options
    Tomorrow's Plant Strong lunch will be Spaghetti Marinara!!!

My awesome plant-strong sauce:

1 large can, diced tomatoes
    1 small can tomato paste
    1/2 head minced garlic or to taste
    fresh basil - to taste
    oregano - to taste
    pepper
    Himalayan salt
    thyme
    2 tbsp agave
    1/2 yellow onion

Simmer for a little bit, then serve 1 cup of sauce over 3 cups of spaghetti squash : 200 calories on the nose...and you'll be stuffed to the gills.
    Sauce can also be served over whole wheat pasta. Shoot, serve it on whatever!!! 1 Cup = 107 calories.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    So eliminate processed foods, but recommend eating said sauce over pasta?
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NO
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Whole foods plant based right here. You are will be a welcome change of pace to the "gotta get your protein bro" crowd on MFP.

Did you get your protein, bro?
  • LolBroScience
    Options

Did you get your protein, bro?

Missed his daily dose of grammar too. Apparently didn't fit his macros.
  • fitness_faeiry
    fitness_faeiry Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I tried this for a couple of weeks but I found it too restrictive, and I enjoy things like fish and greek yoghurt in moderation.

Can I just ask what is the benefit of Himalayan salt?
  • DavidHusky
    DavidHusky Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    in for strong talons
    0.jpg
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    cow-grazing-o.gif

cows = plant strong.

humans = not so much.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    glad you're feeling good atm but i'd seriously consider getting some nuts or beans (or something else you can think of that 'grows from the ground') as your fat levels look dangerously low and i don't think you'll continue to feel great for long without it.

i'll leave the protein, others have mentioned it.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    My skin glows

You might want to get that checked out. I don't think it's supposed to do that.
    Why don't we all eat like our ancient ancestors of 65,000,000 years ago? We've evolved to eat nothing but processed junk and overwhelm our organs with animal products.

We've evolved to do a lot of things our ancient ancestors didn't do. One could argue that things are better now.
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    Whats this "Clean Soup" you got goin on in your diary? Is that like a bowl of bleach or something?
  • fitness_faeiry
    fitness_faeiry Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Whats this "Clean Soup" you got goin on in your diary? Is that like a bowl of bleach or something?

Pahaaa! That made me laugh out loud
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I stopped smoking plants years ago.
    I blame the plants for making me want a snicker's.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    You are will be a welcome change of pace to the "gotta get your protein bro" crowd on MFP.

This is why civil debates can't happen.