PLANT STRONG - ANYONE?

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Why don't we all eat like our ancient ancestors of 65,000,000 years ago? We've evolved to eat nothing but processed junk and overwhelm our organs with animal products.
    If you believe that our ancient ancestors ate nothing but plants, you'd be naive. And drinking untreated water...........I'll pass. All your ailments have more than likely resolved themselves for a couple of reasons. You eat less now and you're taking in nutrients that you more than likely lacked before.
    First rule in getting you back: don't become a food snob.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Whole foods plant based right here. You are will be a welcome change of pace to the "gotta get your protein bro" crowd on MFP.
    You were gettin' kinda lonely huh?

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Whats this "Clean Soup" you got goin on in your diary? Is that like a bowl of bleach or something?

251.gif
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    hD5F2296D

TALONS!
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I am on a whole foods diet. When I eat, I eat the whole thing!

fozzie.png
  • SpencersHeart
    SpencersHeart Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    plan to read later...
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a bunch of new age, hippie mumbo jumbo to me.

Here, have some bacon cake, you'll feel better.
    bacon_zps0335e2d5.jpg
  • SpencersHeart
    Options
    OP...I have a question...how long have you been on your Plant Strong way of eating?
  • SpencersHeart
    Options
    OP...I have a question...how long have you been on your Plant Strong way of eating?

Sorry I just read that you are 3 months into this plan.
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow's Plant Strong lunch will be Spaghetti Marinara!!!

My awesome plant-strong sauce:

1 large can, diced tomatoes
    1 small can tomato paste
    1/2 head minced garlic or to taste
    fresh basil - to taste
    oregano - to taste
    pepper
    Himalayan salt
    thyme
    2 tbsp agave
    1/2 yellow onion

Simmer for a little bit, then serve 1 cup of sauce over 3 cups of spaghetti squash : 200 calories on the nose...and you'll be stuffed to the gills.
    Sauce can also be served over whole wheat pasta. Shoot, serve it on whatever!!! 1 Cup = 107 calories.

I'm confused about how you think canned vegetables are not processed? I cannot have any added sugar (processed white sugar makes me very ill) and I have the hardest time finding canned tomatoes that are not loaded with added sugar. Please share the brand if you have, indeed, found canned tomatoes and tomato paste that has no added sugar.
  • LoseYouself
    LoseYouself Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I can't believe how many people here are being disrespectful to OP. They simply asked if anyone else eats the same way so they are able to support and motivate each other, and shared their PERSONAL experience.

If you don't like the way this person chooses to eat or don't agree with it, then don't reply. It doesn't make fun of anyone else's way of eating, yet I'm seeing a lot of mocking. It'd be nice if people could at least try to be a little more mature and civil on a site full of adults.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    I can't believe how many people here are being disrespectful to OP. They simply asked if anyone else eats the same way so they are able to support and motivate each other, and shared their PERSONAL experience.

If you don't like the way this person chooses to eat or don't agree with it, then don't reply. It doesn't make fun of anyone else's way of eating, yet I'm seeing a lock of mocking. It'd be nice if people could at least try to be a little more mature and civil on a site full of adults.
    You are will be a welcome change of pace to the "gotta get your protein bro" crowd on MFP.

You were saying?
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options

If you don't like the way this person chooses to eat or don't agree with it, then don't reply. It doesn't make fun of anyone else's way of eating, yet I'm seeing a lock of mocking. It'd be nice if people could at least try to be a little more mature and civil on a site full of adults.

That's not actually how the Internet (or real life) works. When you go into any public forum and solicit input, you are very likely to get input from people who don't agree with you. You're even likely to get "disrespectful" input. You don't get to pick and choose who responds or the manner in which they respond. If that's what you want, an echo chamber is probably a better place to have the conversation.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

See, here's the thing: for everyone answering in this thread there are X number of people lurking trying to figure out what to do with their diets. There are plenty of successful posters in this thread just offering advice based on experience to maybe, I don't know, help someone out.

Disagreeing =/= rude.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Op you need more fat in your diet
  • LoseYouself
    LoseYouself Posts: 249 Member
    Options

You are will be a welcome change of pace to the "gotta get your protein bro" crowd on MFP.

You were saying?

That was not person who started the thread who said that. I don't believe that comment is a good reason for people to be disrespectful towards OP. I've seen it many times, a lot of bashing goes towards those who eat differently from the majority on MFP, whatever food choices those happen to be. Perhaps that is why the person made that comment.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    in for strong talons
    0.jpg

You+gonna+eat+your+tots_fb352a_3163500.jpg
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options

You were saying?

That was not person who started the thread who said that. I don't believe that comment is a good reason for people to be disrespectful towards OP. I've seen it many times, a lot of bashing goes towards those who eat differently from the majority on MFP, whatever food choices those happen to be. Perhaps that is why the person made that comment.

So, basically if one agrees with the OP they can call out other groups of people, but people who don't agree with the OP are just plain rude and have no business commenting at all?
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    OP, you're losing weight rapidly because you're eating around 1000 calories a day. That is not healthy or sustainable for the long-term.

I don't care if you eat a plant-based diet -- that can be done healthily, so more power to you. But you need to eat more if you want to continue feeling healthy and strong.