Wraps

Options
Mygsds
Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
I have been experimenting with wraps lately and wondering what kind of things do you put in yours? To me they are very filling and so versatile and portable...

Replies

• ladysatin
    ladysatin Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Any type of meat sliced thinly and lots of veggies. I want to experiment more with fruits and stuff, but haven't had the courage. If you like doing wraps, you should try pitas. They have half the calories of a tortilla.
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    My favorite is avocado, shredded cabbage, tuna, and pickled baby corn (I was starving, but it turned out good). I like the Ortega whole wheat wraps because they are pretty low sodium. My grocery store doesn't have the best selection though.
  • carla113
    carla113 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Black beans are a great addition to almost any wrap!
  • Mygsds
    Options
    Thank you. All great ideas. Never thought about baby corn but I can see that would be something my husband would LOVE..
  • Trukngrl
    Trukngrl Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I love a good breakfast wrap with lots of veg in it - great any time of day and not just breakfast

Chicken salad- made w/greek yogurt, halved grapes, almonds, celery and mandrin oranges - sounds odd but delish

throw some griled fish, again greek yogurt, cilantro, lime juice and cabbage
  • Mygsds
    Options
    Thanks much...
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs, spinach, cheese and salsa
    Tuna salad with pickles
    Ground turkey with stir fried onions, peppers and mushrooms (with salsa again cause i LOVE salsa)
    Hummus and tons of veggies
    Hard boiled eggs avocado and cherry tomatoes
    Coleslaw and imitation crab sticks and hot sauce
    Almond butter and bananas

You can really put anything in a wrap!
  • x7xemilyx7x
    x7xemilyx7x Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have diced chicken breast with cajun seasoning. I fill my wraps this and kidney beans, cooked peppers, onion, sweetcorn and sometimes jalapenos!

I sometimes add guacamole or a salsa sauce (not too much).
  • Trukngrl
    Trukngrl Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Don't forget about sweets

Banna & PB2 rolled up w/some crushed almonds

PB2 & defrosted berries - much healthier pb&j

sliced apples & chedder(or swiss or brie)slightly warmed
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I make my own wraps out of chick pea flour and I like to spread Kroger private selection yogurt dips on them and throw on a slice of light balogna and a celery stick. Only around 140 cals. Per wrap.
  • Mygsds
    Options
    Thanks to ALL of you...
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I grossed out my co-workers but I put tuna, some wholly guacamole, cheese and tomato into a wrap. It was sooo good! Tagging in for other ideas too. :)
  • Sunbrooke
    Options
    I make my own wraps out of chick pea flour and I like to spread Kroger private selection yogurt dips on them and throw on a slice of light balogna and a celery stick. Only around 140 cals. Per wrap.

I want to make my own chic pea wraps too! :love: Recipe Please!!
  • Sunbrooke
    Options
    Not a real wrap, but today I used green leaf lettuce as wraps for the first time and it was really good.

I used ground turkey breast cooked with Italian sensing, hummus, sprouted lentils, tomato, cucumber, red onion, balsamic vinegar, and black olives. (I had a lot of misc. things to use up lol).
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    Lentil curry, quinoa, cilantro and yogurt.
    Chili, brown rice, grated cheese, lettuce and salsa.
    Tuna, advocado, and lettuce.
    Brocolli, quinoa, and tofu or chicken.
    Almost anything really.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    sliced apples , peanut butter & cinnamon
    mashed chickpea salad & spinach
  • brysco11
    brysco11 Posts: 3
    Options
    I love wraps too. Recently I made one that was great for supper served hot and as a lunch leftover cold....and if you want to experiment with fruit it is GREAT:

Thinly sliced lean sandwich steak, stirfried with sliced onions and red peppers with some chili powder and then for the last minute or so....matchstick slices of pineapple!!!

It is soooo good in a nice whole wheat wrap and with the juice of the pineapple there is no need for a sauce!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Lots of great ideas! I'm in love with Joseph's flax/oat/whole wheat wraps. It's a huge wrap for 100 calories. A lot of times I cut it in half.
  • slk_5555
    slk_5555 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I often make a wrap for lunch - my favourites:

Coronation chicken wrap - coronation sauce, lettuce, cucumber, fresh coriander leaves, sprinkle of sliced almonds & dried apricot....finally sliced chicken tikka.

Chinese chicken wrap - fresh coriander, cucumber, lettuce, Chinese chicken pieces, Hoi-sin sauce.

So tasty!!
  • livinmyhappilyeverafter
    Options
    Sounds delicious!