Eating out becomes scary

Options
1235»

Replies

• FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    just go on the website for the restaurant and check the menu and nutrition info and then check out what you may order. This way you can go out and not feel scared. Ask to sub out potatoes or fries with an extra portion of vegies. GO for lean meats and have any dressings or sauces on the side. A little time in the preplanning makes eating at a deficit realistic.
  • tjl2329
    tjl2329 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Eat a side salad for an appetizer. Or your meal and eat 1/4 of it. Can add more salad or veggies if still hungry. So even if your meal is171500 calls. You've eaten only 350. You could also share with the others
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    It's easier to eat out because it says what's on the menu (6 oz steak). And if you don't eat out often, it hardly matters for calories.

Don't be scared. It's just life.
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    This past weekend, my sister and her family was here, so we had a family get together. I have some SUPER good cooks in my family, and I didn't count calories at all, I allowed myself to eat as much as I wanted to. I stuffed myself full on every good thing there, and enjoyed every single bite. Since there are a lot of children in my extended family, I was also very active, jumping on the trampoline, playing badminton, swimming, and jumping on the trampoline some more. The day my sister and her family went home, I went back to my routine. It really hasn't messed me up much, and it was SO worth it to me!
  • moniqueloupe
    Options
    Look at the menu and decide what you're going to order before you go