"unhealthy" foods?

Options
124»

Replies

• neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    unhealthy foods:

- the seeds of yew tree berries (although the berries themselves are apparently edible)

- death cap toadstools

these are so unhealthy you can die from eating them just once.

and foods that are just plain evil:

celery and peanuts. I have very strong aversions to these foods. They taste utterly vile and the smell of celery, which I can smell from a long way away, is just as vile as the taste.
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    unhealthy foods:

- the seeds of yew tree berries (although the berries themselves are apparently edible)

- death cap toadstools

celery and peanuts. I have very strong aversions to these foods. They taste utterly vile and the smell of celery, which I can smell from a long way away, is just as vile as the taste.

People say celery is tasteless, but you only need to put a small bit of celery in a dish and the whole things tastes like celery.

I agree.

Celery and peanuts are pure evil.
  • GummyHuman
    GummyHuman Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    All of them. Think about it. Every single person who has ever died ate food at one time or another. Coincidence? I think not.
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    unroasted chestnuts will do a number on your tummy
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    For serious, HFCS actually does affect the way your body processes food and stores fat (around the belly instead of the rest of the body, which is why there are so many "muffin tops" running around out there). And food with Red Dye in them not good either, which is why many dyes are banned in Europe.

For not serious, liver is gross and why would you want to eat the poison filter out of an animal? And my FIL eats a norwegian food called "Kreb" which is cow's blood and flour fried up like meat. Gross.

Muffin tops can also be caused by ill-fitting jeans. Pouring a size 12 body into a size 4 jeans is just wrong.

I saw that at a Walmart once. I have no idea how she even accomplished the feat. I wanted to take her picture but she saw me looking. not for body shaming but for dressing shaming?
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Off the top of my head:

- fugu
    - bloody pork
    - (some) apricot kernels
    - ergotic rye
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    This one time I found my Greek yogurt had curdled.

1.) That's awful.
    2.) I <3 your ticker.

And the real answer is clearly tomatoes. Not only can no one agree if it's a fruit or vegetable, but something shouldn't be crunchy and soggy at the same time. It's unnatural.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

1.) That's awful.
    2.) I <3 your ticker.

And the real answer is clearly tomatoes. Not only can no one agree if it's a fruit or vegetable, but something shouldn't be crunchy and soggy at the same time. It's unnatural.

tomatoes are clearly a fruit. And they are delicious. If yours were soggy, you waited too long to eat them! Firm is the best type. I like to buy the grape and cherry tomatoes and just snack on 'em!
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    unhealthy foods:

- death cap toadstools

People say celery is tasteless, but you only need to put a small bit of celery in a dish and the whole things tastes like celery.

I agree.

Celery and peanuts are pure evil.

I put peanut butter on celery. That's right. Together.

And to answer the OP Rye Bread infected with Ergot. Some say it was even responsible for the witch hunts of the middle ages.
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Laburnun Seeds, why oh why to adults call them Laburnum beans in front of 6 year old children, namely me!! I mean what harm can a bean do you!
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

1.) That's awful.
    2.) I <3 your ticker.

Not to mention that their insides look like they aren't "done"... Like bread that's browned on the outside but still dough on the inside.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    For serious, HFCS actually does affect the way your body processes food and stores fat (around the belly instead of the rest of the body, which is why there are so many "muffin tops" running around out there). And food with Red Dye in them not good either, which is why many dyes are banned in Europe.

For not serious, liver is gross and why would you want to eat the poison filter out of an animal? And my FIL eats a norwegian food called "Kreb" which is cow's blood and flour fried up like meat. Gross.

Muffin tops can also be caused by ill-fitting jeans. Pouring a size 12 body into a size 4 jeans is just wrong.

I saw that at a Walmart once. I have no idea how she even accomplished the feat. I wanted to take her picture but she saw me looking. not for body shaming but for dressing shaming?

Not body shaming at all. I've seen plenty of "correct" weight girls do it.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,022 Member
    Options
    I love my burro.

It's OK to love your burro. Just don't LOVE your burro.