Any lost 50lbs+ with NO LOOSE skin success stories?

Options

Replies

• njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I lost 126 lbs at 51 years old with no loose skin at all. I think it's just an individual thing. Some woman had told me I would definitely have an "apron" of loose skin hanging down from my stomach, but it didn't happen. I had no loose skin. Now I'm back at it at age 60, after putting back the weight due to 2 years of illness and injury. I hope my body does the same thing and doesn't get loose skin this time either!
  • gcbma
    gcbma Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm still a work in progress and not quite halfway there. I have slightly loose/flabby skin. But lots of water and steady weight loss helps! Or so I hear.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I lost 126 lbs at 51 years old with no loose skin at all. I think it's just an individual thing. Some woman had told me I would definitely have an "apron" of loose skin hanging down from my stomach, but it didn't happen. I had no loose skin. Now I'm back at it at age 60, after putting back the weight due to 2 years of illness and injury. I hope my body does the same thing and doesn't get loose skin this time either!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :love: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Super encouraging post and congrats on the tremendous victory and getting back on the good foot after your illiness...you rock!
  • HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    bump for not forgetting to post later :)
  • HaibaneReki
    Options
    I'm approaching the 50lb mark (since my peak weight) and no problem, but I started "just" at 100+kilos. But took me +- 2 years of mostly cardio and recently MFP. A before and during picture in the works :)
    delivering as promised :blushing:
    53954912_3089.jpg

now it's almost maintenance/bulking time
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I'm approaching the 50lb mark (since my peak weight) and no problem, but I started "just" at 100+kilos. But took me +- 2 years of mostly cardio and recently MFP. A before and during picture in the works :)
    53954912_3089.jpg

Absolutely tremendous job and the belt notches on your scale is very inspirational too. YAY for you and thanks for posting!
  • shrinkingbrian
    shrinkingbrian Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I lost 215 pounds with very little loose skin. I have a little bit on my arms but I'm working to bulk up my arms and add more muscle. My stomach has a little but it's very manageable. I think one thing that helps is to lose weight slowly of around 1% each week. Lifting weights and swimming have also helped me to get more toned.
  • healthyplans
    healthyplans Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have lost quite a bit, am 45, and have little to no sagging skin. I moisturize every day... go to the gym to tone up and drink LOTS of water and I believe this has helped. My biggest Problem area I would have to say would be my abs because I have had 3 surgeries so muscles were cut through... but with lots of core exercises, they are even tightening up.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I've lost 95-ish and I have very minimal loose skin on my tummy, thighs, and arms. It really doesn't bother me at all. Good luck!!!! :bigsmile:
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    i just saw my first lil bit of loose skin on my inner thigh last night. YIKES. it depressed me for 5.2 seconds then i was over it. i wouldnt trade my loss for anything. i am happier then ive ever been.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    No quite 50lb...but I lost 37lb getting to my lowest weight in one year after joining MFP. I had lost about 10lb prior to that in fits and starts.

I am 46 and do not have loose skin.

Much of it is genetics, age, how much you were overweight by and how long for. I was overweight for about 6 years after an illness.

That being said, many people have loose skin, particularly women who have had kids - its just a part of who we are, like stretch marks and cellulite and I think we are much more focused on 'imperfections' n ourselves and notice it less in other people.
  • chasingdreams18
    chasingdreams18 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    a lot of fortunate people here. i'm jealous. like super jealous.

155lb loss and you're jealous, nah, you're amazing ;) Good for you!

What she said :flowerforyou:

I have lost 55 pounds in 11 months with no loose skin--- don't get me wrong still have 50 to loose and it needs to be tighened. but no saggy skin :-)
  • HaibaneReki
    Options
    53954912_3089.jpg

Absolutely tremendous job and the belt notches on your scale is very inspirational too. YAY for you and thanks for posting!

thanks, this is the very photo that opened my eyes. I will never ever go back! This feels too great :smile:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    No quite 50lb...but I lost 37lb getting to my lowest weight in one year after joining MFP. I had lost about 10lb prior to that in fits and starts.

I am 46 and do not have loose skin.

Much of it is genetics, age, how much you were overweight by and how long for. I was overweight for about 6 years after an illness.

That being said, many people have loose skin, particularly women who have had kids - its just a part of who we are, like stretch marks and cellulite and I think we are much more focused on 'imperfections' n ourselves and notice it less in other people.

You are one of my shero's here on Mfp especially because of your age! Your avatar pic looks like the body of a twenty something year old...WOW :drinker: :love: :drinker:

Yes, the ole comparing ourselves amongst ourselves game does definitely have me looking at/maximizing my imperfections
    and minimizing others for sure. This blasted battle of the bulge is (for me) a mind/attitude battle firstly for sure!
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I think this has more to do with genetics than anything else. My weight loss has happened over the course of 3 years - eating "right", working out - and I've got loads of loose skin. I think for some people there's a point of no return. At one time, my skin helld a 400 lb body. My 200 lb body doesn't fit into it very well.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I lost over 80lbs in the past with no Loose skin. (gained it all back, at it again)I am currently down 40lbs with no Loose skin. The key is to keep your skin hydrated and nourished. Drink plenty of water, eat a lots of protein, moisturize 2 times daily. Vaseline with coco butter is my favorite and lose weight slowly no more than two pounds per week to allow your body to adjust.
  • kmtbeaulieu
    kmtbeaulieu Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You won't have loose skin unless it's rapid weight loss. As long as you take it slow you're good.
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    a lot of fortunate people here. i'm jealous. like super jealous.

For real...

I'm like, flying squirrel here!

haha...yes! i'm a 150 pound person wearing a skin suit made for two.
  • skipperlk
    skipperlk Posts: 72
    Options
    you go girl! you look awesome!
    :smile:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I lost 215 pounds with very little loose skin. I have a little bit on my arms but I'm working to bulk up my arms and add more muscle. My stomach has a little but it's very manageable. I think one thing that helps is to lose weight slowly of around 1% each week. Lifting weights and swimming have also helped me to get more toned.

WOW!!!!! 215 pound loss is nothing less than TREMENDOUS and extremely encouraging! You rock sir, period. Thanks so much for posting!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!